Bad Account Id Or Password

Has this happened to you

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This would be a very worthy cause for the Forum to get behind and bombard them with letters to keep the launcher. Better to do it before it is to late. And also for others that belong to different forums to also join together and let our desires be known.

Total Pirate Community
:iagree:

only one problem.....sry to say it mates....i don't have the copy of the statement but i am afraid the launcher is already being phased out( not supported by disney) when i started my second account they said the launcher was already being phased out :mad: now they said if you have any problems go to the web sight and redownload the launcher as it may have gotten bugged... as in delete your short cut and recopy the game.... they said we can still use the launcher....but is no longer supported by disney....as in it will eventually become a usless item cuz it will no longer be updated... and i asked them about test launcher...they said the test site/launcher are totally different from the live game..... so i am sry to say Igor, Bad and anybody else who uses the Launcher to play pirates....:( the days of the Launcher are about to become very limited.... oh and something i heard threw the Beta test ppl ik for several different games (MMORPG) blame this on the wonderfull ppl at Blizzard.... they copy righted the Launcher soft ware....so to avoid royalty payments and lawsuits... other games have been switching over to web browsers..... don't quote me on this it is just something i have heard threw my tech grapevine....:confused:

Igor say np mate Igor got backup saved copies of the launcher!! Igor say long live the launcher!!

guess what i am fighting right now????......ugh so terrible can't even get back in :mad:
screenshot_2011-04-16_15-27-32.jpg

Finally logged on.. but guess what my little surprise was...??????
screenshot_2011-05-28_18-28-56.jpg

already ONLINE!!! am i going to have to delete my lv 48 pirate? if so, Disney is gonna have a enraged teenage girl with a 20 gauge shotgun hunting them down.... :cursing:

Lol! Me too. Since I type really fast I am bound to make mistakes, but I normally don't mess up on passwords. So after I tried my password a few times I was ever so slowly entering each letter. xD
Ya same XD I was thinking my account got hacked :arrrrr:

Eh i got it to stop saying already online. I can log onto my level seven. I can log onto my level three. But, guess what? I can't log onto my lvl 48 :mad:. I mean, COME ON! Is it that hard to load 41 more levels than my lv seven and a war frigate, light sloop, and war sloop, and a few weapons??

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at piratesonline.go.com Port 80

So I finally got an email back from potco

Hello,

I’m sorry to hear you are having troubles logging into the game.

We have discovered this is an issue associated with an update Norton did for their anti-virus software. We've contacted Norton and they will hopefully be running a new update to fix the problem it's causing with Pirates Online. In the meantime, you can set the permissions on your Norton Anti-virus that will allow access to Pirates Online. If you need assistance with allowing these permissions, we suggest contacting Norton for some assistance. There is a Contact Us section at the bottom of their webpage:

http://us.norton.com/

Thank you letting us know about the problem you’ve experienced. Hopefully this helps to get you back up and running quickly.

Sincerely,

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Member Services

Hmm funny cuz I never had this problem before and its not nice to blame others for ur problems :mad:

I find that funny, I don't use Norton Anti-Virus but I got that email also. I think that encapsulates the definition of "Epic Fail."

This actually has the look & feel of a DNS server gone bad or failing. This could also be the authentication server. However, since it's probably a series of virtual servers in a nice SAN and it could also be a server shutdown because a snapshot was made and not deleted, the server ran out of space and has shut down till its cleared up. :)

Back