Guide Beta Key 101

Sorry if it was already asked, but...

Beta keys can be obtained using a PlayTime account?

I mean, can i find a key by diggin or looting, while i play in my playtime?

Sorry if it was already asked, but...

Beta keys can be obtained using a PlayTime account?

I mean, can i find a key by diggin or looting, while i play in my playtime?
Assuming digging and looting for keys still exists, then yes you can find one while on a PlayTime. I'm not completely sure if keys will be loot-able or not, no word on that but if it's the same as before the update, then yes.

I was so very very excited to see that my favorite game of all time was being developed by you guys. Then I see that I have to reserve a time to play. So now I have to wait until 11pm to play for only 3 hours and can not play it with my son. Boy did that absolutely kill my excitement. So bummed with this Beta Key thing.

I was so very very excited to see that my favorite game of all time was being developed by you guys. Then I see that I have to reserve a time to play. So now I have to wait until 11pm to play for only 3 hours and can not play it with my son. Boy did that absolutely kill my excitement. So bummed with this Beta Key thing.
Don't worry! It isn't permanent! It's a way to keep the experience enjoyable for everyone so the servers don't get overloaded at once. Eventually, we won't need keys or Playtimes

Hello,
So what are some ways people can get beta keys right now? I enjoy playing the game especially since beta was re-opened. The issue is I'm a police officer and I try to spend time with my family when I'm not at work. So it is hard for me to schedule times to play because it normally just happens that I have a little free time and maybe a time slot is available maybe it isn't. So if there are still ways to get them I would love to know how.
Thank you.

Hello,
So what are some ways people can get beta keys right now? I enjoy playing the game especially since beta was re-opened. The issue is I'm a police officer and I try to spend time with my family when I'm not at work. So it is hard for me to schedule times to play because it normally just happens that I have a little free time and maybe a time slot is available maybe it isn't. So if there are still ways to get them I would love to know how.
Thank you.

Beta keys can be obtained through contests on the forums or simply by looting in game. Those seem to be the only ways to get them at the moment. Hope this helps and thank you for your service :)

Beta keys can be obtained through contests on the forums or simply by looting in game. Those seem to be the only ways to get them at the moment. Hope this helps and thank you for your service :)
Thanks man. So can you still find them burried in the ground or can you only find them in loot drops. Also is it probably best to target bosses such as darkheart for these loot drops or will any enemy drop them.

Thanks man. So can you still find them burried in the ground or can you only find them in loot drops. Also is it probably best to target bosses such as darkheart for these loot drops or will any enemy drop them.

Digging is broken until they fix it. But in the past, yes, digging was a way to get them. You can get them off any enemy. I don't know if certain ones have a higher chance drop rate.

"What are Beta Keys?"
A beta key is a 16 character code that will allow you to play TLOPO without having to reserve a time slot. The 16 characters of the key will be made up of a random selection of letters A-F and numbers 0-9. The key will be separated into 4 sections as shown below.

XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

"How do I get a Beta Key?"

1. Beta keys may be awarded through contests. Any information regarding contests will be on the TLOPO website.

2. Beta keys could be given away though TLOPO's social media, or right here on the forums!

"How do I use my Beta Key?"
  • First, sail over to the TLOPO website and login.
  • Once you're logged in you'll want to view your account information.
  • There will be two spaces regarding keys:
  1. The first space simply tells whether or not there is a key added to your account.
  2. The second space is where you will enter your beta key & add it to your account.
s7MB1PC.png
  • Once that "No" is changed to "Yes," you will be able to play TLOPO without time slots!
"Why do I need a Beta Key to play TLOPO whenever I want?"
TLOPO is currently in a very early stage of development. Limiting the number of players allowed in the game helps the development team to more accurately do their work. If everyone was allowed unrestricted access to the game it could create issues that would only slow down this whole process. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why does it say my beta key is invalid?
A: The beta key has already been used by someone else.

Q: Can more than one person use a beta key?
A: No, only one person can use a beta key.

Q: Can I get a key for my friend/family member?
A: Yes, one or two is fine but please do not hoard keys. While not against the rules, it is considered rude.

Q: Can I buy a beta key?
A: No. Anyone offering beta keys in exchange for money, or other forms of payment, should not be trusted.

Q: Is there a set date for beta to become open (key-less)?
A: No. Any information regarding the opening of beta will be posted on the TLOPO website.

Q: Will I lose my key once beta begins?
A: No. All accounts accredited with a key will retain unrestricted access for as long as the key system is in place.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Suggestions for this post are welcome as well.

:thumbsup:
Is it still possible to farm for keys in game. :)

"What are Beta Keys?"
A beta key is a 16 character code that will allow you to play TLOPO without having to reserve a time slot. The 16 characters of the key will be made up of a random selection of letters A-F and numbers 0-9. The key will be separated into 4 sections as shown below.

XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

"How do I get a Beta Key?"

1. Beta keys may be awarded through contests. Any information regarding contests will be on the TLOPO website.

2. Beta keys could be given away though TLOPO's social media, or right here on the forums!

"How do I use my Beta Key?"
  • First, sail over to the TLOPO website and login.
  • Once you're logged in you'll want to view your account information.
  • There will be two spaces regarding keys:
  1. The first space simply tells whether or not there is a key added to your account.
  2. The second space is where you will enter your beta key & add it to your account.
s7MB1PC.png
  • Once that "No" is changed to "Yes," you will be able to play TLOPO without time slots!
"Why do I need a Beta Key to play TLOPO whenever I want?"
TLOPO is currently in a very early stage of development. Limiting the number of players allowed in the game helps the development team to more accurately do their work. If everyone was allowed unrestricted access to the game it could create issues that would only slow down this whole process. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why does it say my beta key is invalid?
A: The beta key has already been used by someone else.

Q: Can more than one person use a beta key?
A: No, only one person can use a beta key.

Q: Can I get a key for my friend/family member?
A: Yes, one or two is fine but please do not hoard keys. While not against the rules, it is considered rude.

Q: Can I buy a beta key?
A: No. Anyone offering beta keys in exchange for money, or other forms of payment, should not be trusted.

Q: Is there a set date for beta to become open (key-less)?
A: No. Any information regarding the opening of beta will be posted on the TLOPO website.

Q: Will I lose my key once beta begins?
A: No. All accounts accredited with a key will retain unrestricted access for as long as the key system is in place.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Suggestions for this post are welcome as well.

:thumbsup:
Can you get a Beta Key in a drop?

Back