Announcement Brief Update

deanaug

Notorious Pirate
Just a quick communication from the TLOPO team:

Migration to new servers has been completed. The pirate database appears intact, and bugged pirates with inventory issues appear to have been repaired. Currently work is being done on the quest line and other game features that still need to be completed. The existing quest line had many issues that we are repairing. The game will NOT be released prior to this working properly to prevent greater issues in the future. We have had to roll the game DB back several times as issues were corrected. This is not something that we want to subject the community to as these rollbacks were much more extensive then the two small rollbacks experienced in our previous Beta version. (Remember all the noise that ensued after the much shorter rollbacks that occurred during our previous Beta phase?)

As it has been stated numerous times, software development is a fluid and ever changing process/environment. When we encounter an issue that is detrimental to game play, it does cause delays. That is the nature of development.

Thank you for your continued patience, for those of you that have demonstrated patience and support on our behalf.

This is great. This is almost exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.
But, one suggestion, can you give us a percentage of what has been completed, from a dev's point of view? Something like "the process is about 85% complete". The idea would then be to take this, <math> it by time already waited, and arrive at some kind of FAIRLY accurate relaunch date.

Thank you for the update. <3

Last edited:
This is great. This is almost exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.
But, one suggestion, can you give us a percentage of what has been completed, from a dev's point of view? Something like "the process is about 85% complete". The idea would then be to take this, <math> it be time already waited, and arrive at some kind of FAIRLY accurate relaunch date.

Thank you for the update. <3
It's probably somewhere between 1-99%. Just an estimation though

If anyone thinks back to the POTCO days, the rollbacks were incredibly debilitating to the communities( :rumgone:incredible negativity and narcissism everywhere for awhile:rumgone:), and I can personally say that this was the first time I realized where we stood in Disney's eyes. In order to give a date, which of course this project had steered away from, they would have to know impossibly what could go wrong. Each update in their project could loosen something else that was working fine, so then that has to be fixed... these progress updates for a team not being paid anything should be enough for all of us, and if it is not... I've said it once, I'll say it again...it is a great big world out there, get some sun for a bit:sunny:. As this is an independent venture and not a corporation, they really honestly don't owe us anything... accept the game when it comes back... that's your prize lady and gents. Keep up the good work TLOPO! If anyone disagrees with what I have said, feel free to inbox me and I'll reply at my leisure as we also do this for free :bang:;)

Just a quick communication from the TLOPO team:

Migration to new servers has been completed. The pirate database appears intact, and bugged pirates with inventory issues appear to have been repaired. Currently work is being done on the quest line and other game features that still need to be completed. The existing quest line had many issues that we are repairing. The game will NOT be released prior to this working properly to prevent greater issues in the future. We have had to roll the game DB back several times as issues were corrected. This is not something that we want to subject the community to as these rollbacks were much more extensive then the two small rollbacks experienced in our previous Beta version. (Remember all the noise that ensued after the much shorter rollbacks that occurred during our previous Beta phase?)

As it has been stated numerous times, software development is a fluid and ever changing process/environment. When we encounter an issue that is detrimental to game play, it does cause delays. That is the nature of development.

Thank you for your continued patience, for those of you that have demonstrated patience and support on our behalf.
You are the man!

Appreciate the update.. Guess its taking longer than they thought it would since they said it would be way shorter than when they switched to Beta from Alpha but if it means a more stable and fun game. I am all for it!!! Thanks for your hard work and I hope we get to plunge in sooner than later but understand that development and fixing bugs takes time.

Would you be able to tell us how far back the rollback went? I mean, the gain completely outweighs the cost, but it would be nice to know just to have an idea. As always, your hard work never goes unnoticed and we are all grateful for that it is that the TLOPO team does to recreate such a great game back to (and better than) its former glory, so thanks again!

Would you be able to tell us how far back the rollback went? I mean, the gain completely outweighs the cost, but it would be nice to know just to have an idea. As always, your hard work never goes unnoticed and we are all grateful for that it is that the TLOPO team does to recreate such a great game back to (and better than) its former glory, so thanks again!

Hey there!

The rollbacks won't affect anyone, no need to worry, your pirates are all safe and sound :)

Back