Content Spotlight Discussion: Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
TLOPO is well aware of the dangers trading imposes. The fact that they decided to pursue trading anyways, is baffling to me. Like I said in my initial statement on this thread, "I don't think there is anyway to add trading without upsetting an incredibly large amount of people." There are a few ways to make those people less upset, like blacklisted legendaries from trading, but I don't think the frustration is completely unavoidable.

As for my statement about looters, I don't think it's unsubstantiated at all. Looting is one of the only aspects of the game that draws people into playing for such long periods. It's addictive. It's not unreasonable that the most active players are looters.
The staff could just make a poll on the main tlopo website to see if the majority of players actually don't want legendaries to be tradeable. There has to be a lot of players who don't have a forum account or even know about this forum so to me it's unfair that the staff didn't make a poll on their main website.

that would be a lovely way to gather info on what is and is not tradeable i support that should legendarys be tradable however why not the rubbish tier ones el patron sf onyx curse (some say) would be a smol pool however still trading rubbish for another rubbish per say

I think trading is a great idea it’s annoying how many people are so close minded in this thread these kind of people are the ones who make it not fun for the rest of us. I think that legendaries should be only traded with other legendaries and everything else is tradable except holiday exclusive items It would be interesting to see the level cap for trading to be 30 just because I feel like it’s not too high or low to reach and I think that legendary weapons should be only tradable at level 50. Imo let me know what u think I’m curious

Hello everyone,
A quick update on trading. I received these photos about a week ago, obviously I wanted to share them and I have just gotten approval to post them. I have updated the original post to include these, and will be posting them here as well as a sort of "mark" in the discussion thread. As always, we appreciate everyone's feedback and have been heavily discussing trading over these past weeks. Remember these are all WIP photos, and feel free to tag me with any questions. Enjoy!
trading1.jpg
trading2.jpgtrading3.jpgtrading4.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
A quick update on trading. I received these photos about a week ago, obviously I wanted to share them and have gotten approval to post them. I have updated the original post to include these, and will be posting them here as well as a sort of "mark" in the discussion thread. As always, we appreciate everyone's feedback and have been heavily discussing trading over these past weeks. Remember these are all WIP photos, and feel free to tag me with any questions. Enjoy!
View attachment 116361
View attachment 116362View attachment 116363View attachment 116364
Why are some of the slot boxes red?

Hello everyone,
A quick update on trading. I received these photos about a week ago, obviously I wanted to share them and have gotten approval to post them. I have updated the original post to include these, and will be posting them here as well as a sort of "mark" in the discussion thread. As always, we appreciate everyone's feedback and have been heavily discussing trading over these past weeks. Remember these are all WIP photos, and feel free to tag me with any questions. Enjoy!
View attachment 116361
I can already foresee people duping items

Hello everyone,
View attachment 116361
@
John Macbatten

Hi John. Is this work from Rose with an earlier mock up? This looks solid so far. I would submit at least one more row of slots and the inclusion of a field for monetary bid or ask. So like 2 swords are offered up and the counter offer could be 1 sword and 'n' amount of gold. An open bartering system to me would be most beneficial.

Also, I think it would be a massive mistake for the staff or anyone else to attempt to put values on anything at all. It would be a monumental undertaking for the staff or developers to research and try to come to terms with any known value. The vendor values in game now would be detriment to trading to even consider them a starting point.

Do not put in level limits. If a pirate wants a higher legendary and finds one on trade and has the resources to make the trade at the time, she should be allowed to make the trade and put the legendary in inventory and use it when she has leveled to it's normal use level. This allows people to level more effeciently by having weapons of power at the start of it's user level instead of never having a good weapon until well into leveling.

There really isn't any need to limit any item for any other item based on personal preference, work effort or any other kind of pre conceived value based on someones time spent. I have no reason in the world to trade my Levi or sell it. There is no better in my mind, but I should have the right to do so if I so desire. And what can I trade a levi for, legendary wise? Nothing actually, so putting in a rule that my top sword of the game at this time can only be traded with a lessor weapon is beyond ludicrous. That's one of the reasons an eye for an eye just doesn't work fairly at all.

Maybe I want to trade my Levi for a ship that crashalot custom builds for me? With a legendary for a legendary restriction, I could not do anything creative with my supposed valuable sword, could I.

no eye for an eye, it's just not fair in the bigger picture. No item to item limit. No gold limit. Maybe even open up diamonds as a monetary unit for trade or pay.

I really believe for trade and bartering to work, there should be no insider valuation, or tlopo staff decisions on value. If one doesn't want to trade, then they don't have to.

So, please don't under-design the slot space if their is no practical reason against it. Give us as much as possible. We don't have to use every space, but it's great to have it.
So do consider monetary along with item trades.
Oh, and a big big OH...PLEASE figure out how to allow us to pick up more than one item at a time. Not only for trade, but in our inventory control. This 3 years beyond what should have been a no brainer fix by now.
Edit: Also consider allowing a player to gift another player where they agree to do so. I do this in every other mmo on the planet that I've ever played. Giving out inventory for free just to clean it up. I ask if anyone wants such and such and someone says yes, then I 'trade' it to them for free.

Thanks for all you and staff do.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
View attachment 116361
Let us trade gold & mats pls

Do not put in level limits. If a pirate wants a higher legendary and finds one on trade and has the resources to make the trade at the time, she should be allowed to make the trade and put the legendary in inventory and use it when she has leveled to it's normal use level. This allows people to level more effeciently by having weapons of power at the start of it's user level instead of never having a good weapon until well into leveling.
I think that this would make level progression too easy, especially if we'll be given the opportunity to trade between alt accounts. The game is already very easy to play and reach max notoriety, I don't see why trading should be allowed to make it easier by giving players access to tiers of loot they haven't unlocked access to loot for themselves yet due to low level.

I think that this would make level progression too easy, especially if we'll be given the opportunity to trade between alt accounts. The game is already very easy to play and reach max notoriety, I don't see why trading should be allowed to make it easier by giving players access to tiers of loot they haven't unlocked access to loot for themselves yet due to low level.
What does it matter if it's easier for pirate joe just because pirate jane did a multi hour grind standing in a bosses face?
I don't get everyones concern for what someone else does in this game. It's none of anyone's business. Basically because I can get the same legendary in 5 minutes that someone else took days to get. It's luck of the draw. Is it my fault I lucked out in 5 minutes?
No, and I'm sincerely sorry, but I don't give a parrots lips what anyone else does either.

If trade makes something easier, so be it. Maybe someone will stay playing the game instead of beating themselves against remy vicious and give up. I think the whole point to adding trading or any other feature is to keep players in game and show new players more options to play tlopo.

People make this game what they want it to be. People can be loners, teachers, guildies, beach bums ... it's an open game and fun that way.
Trading, and wisely using existing game elements that everyone is used to is brilliant.
Allow no limits, as limits mean someone has to design for that and put in all manner of code to regulate, conference meetings about valuation parameters, constant arguments on peoples sentiments of values, based on what? Their own grind time? etc etc etc.

It's not yours or my opinions that matters on what easy is for people, it's up to the people to decide to do things.
Trading is just more tools and options to enjoy.

Last edited:
@
John Macbatten

Hi John. Is this work from Rose with an earlier mock up? This looks solid so far. I would submit at least one more row of slots and the inclusion of a field for monetary bid or ask. So like 2 swords are offered up and the counter offer could be 1 sword and 'n' amount of gold. An open bartering system to me would be most beneficial.

Also, I think it would be a massive mistake for the staff or anyone else to attempt to put values on anything at all. It would be a monumental undertaking for the staff or developers to research and try to come to terms with any known value. The vendor values in game now would be detriment to trading to even consider them a starting point.

There really isn't any need to limit any item for any other item based on personal preference, work effort or any other kind of pre conceived value based on someones time spent. I have no reason in the world to trade my Levi or sell it. There is no better in my mind, but I should have the right to do so if I so desire. And what can I trade a levi for, legendary wise? Nothing actually, so putting in a rule that my top sword of the game at this time can only be traded with a lessor weapon is beyond ludicrous. That's one of the reasons an eye for an eye just doesn't work fairly at all.

Maybe I want to trade my Levi for a ship that crashalot custom builds for me? With a legendary for a legendary restriction, I could not do anything creative with my supposed valuable sword, could I.

no eye for an eye, it's just not fair in the bigger picture. No item to item limit. No gold limit. Maybe even open up diamonds as a monetary unit for trade or pay.

I really believe for trade and bartering to work, there should be no insider valuation, or tlopo staff decisions on value. If one doesn't want to trade, then they don't have to.

So, please don't under-design the slot space if their is no practical reason against it. Give us as much as possible. We don't have to use every space, but it's great to have it.
So do consider monetary along with item trades.
Oh, and a big big OH...PLEASE figure out how to allow us to pick up more than one item at a time. Not only for trade, but in our inventory control. This 3 years beyond what should have been a no brainer fix by now.
Edit: Also consider allowing a player to gift another player where they agree to do so. I do this in every other mmo on the planet that I've ever played. Giving out inventory for free just to clean it up. I ask if anyone wants such and such and someone says yet, then I 'trade' it to them for free.

Thanks for all you and staff do.
Thanks for all the feedback Squintz, those photos are not a mockup, they are from the development build of the game.

What does it matter if it's easier for pirate joe just because pirate jane did a multi hour grind standing in a bosses face?
I don't get everyones concern for what someone else does in this game. It's none of anyone's business. Basically because I can get the same legendary in 5 minutes that someone else took days to get. It's luck of the draw. Is it my fault I lucked out in 5 minutes?
No, and I'm sincerely sorry, but I don't give a parrots lips what anyone else does either.

If trade makes something easier, so be it. Maybe someone will stay playing the game instead of beating themselves against remy vicious and give up. I think the whole point to adding trading or any other feature is to keep players in game and show new players more options to play tlopo.

People make this game what they want it to be. People can be loners, teachers, guildies, beach bums ... it's an open game and fun that way.
Trading, and wisely using existing game elements that everyone is used to is brilliant.
Allow no limits, as limits mean someone has to design for that and put in all manner of code to regulate, conference meetings about valuation parameters, constant arguments on peoples sentiments of values, based on what? Their own grind time? etc etc etc.

It's not yours or my opinions that matters on what easy is for people, it's up to the people to decide to do things.
Trading is just more tools and options to enjoy.
Squintz, I'm with ya 100%, and I loves ya bro, but ya gotta let this go now.
Some get it, some eventually will, and others will wallow.
In the famous last words of Android 16 - "Just let it go"
Peace out bro!

Squintz, I'm with ya 100%, and I loves ya bro, but ya gotta let this go now.
Some get it, some eventually will, and others will wallow.
In the famous last words of Android 16 - "Just let it go"
Peace out bro!
Appreciate that, but I won't let it go quite yet. It's about freedom of choice. Be it trading, sailing, giving something away free. And if tlopo sees it fit to allow a feature everyone can use if they choose, then I'll debate people who believe they can stop freedom of choice because of a personal value system of the minority.
Sorry Crash.
But you're correct about this thread. You, myself and numerous many others have tried to stay on topic and give ideas and suggestions on the outlines of trading, which is coming regardless of our input where other groups refuse to keep to the topic. It's not my job to keep people on topic, I don't know why I tried and yea, I will let that part go.

But I won't stand by and watch my freedom of choice to do something in the game be railroaded by others narrow minded control.
Be well.

Hello everyone,
A quick update on trading. I received these photos about a week ago, obviously I wanted to share them and have just gotten approval to post them. I have updated the original post to include these and will be posting them here as well as a sort of "mark" in the discussion thread. As always, we appreciate everyone's feedback and have been heavily discussing trading over these past weeks. Remember these are all WIP photos, and feel free to tag me with any questions. Enjoy!
View attachment 116361

@John Macbatten Hi, so far I like what I see in the screenshots. I'm happy that they let you post the screenshots in the forum because it gives us a clue what to expect, of course, this is not the final result but it is a start. :)

My question: this is trading between two pirates right? so can we trade among our alt pirates or it is too early to say?

@John Macbatten Hi, so far I like what I see in the screenshots. I'm happy that they let you post the screenshots in the forum because it gives us a clue what to expect, of course, this is not the final result but it is a start. :)

My question: this is trading between two pirates right? so can we trade among our alt pirates or it is too early to say?
Glad you enjoy the screenshots! The deeper functionality of trading is not currently set in stone, which is why we are encouraging feedback from everyone. In it's current state the developers will be focusing on getting trading fully functional at the basic level (i.e trading between two players, fixing bugs etc.) and once a bug free experience has been created, then trading can be tweaked as necessary.

Trading looks grand.
Though, would it be possible to look into trading gold as well?
Some folks got kids or are simply sitting on a huge pile of gold not sure what to do with it so they can help out others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back