Content Spotlight Discussion: Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be careful who is listened to. There are those that speak louder than should be allowed when it comes to certain aspects of this game. Legendaries? Absolutely. Got some between my alts that I would love to balance out. Ship mats? Absolutely... Again, alts. Please do not make trading useless in that regard.

Please be careful who is listened to. There are those that speak louder than should be allowed when it comes to certain aspects of this game. Legendaries? Absolutely. Got some between my alts that I would love to balance out. Ship mats? Absolutely... Again, alts. Please do not make trading useless in that regard.
As stated, trading is coming to the game so we are looking for helpful ideas from the community that we can forward to our developers as they work on the system. This is an opportunity for the community to shape the feature.

There should be some way to differentiate weapons that have been traded, from those that are actually authentic. This way those who have spent the last 2-3 years building their inventories still have something to show-off. Adding trading is bad enough. I see this as an absolute must.

There should be some way to differentiate weapons that have been traded, from those that are actually authentic. This way those who have spent the last 2-3 years building their inventories still have something to show-off. Adding trading is bad enough. I see this as an absolute must.
1568506985348.png

I'm going to quote @Rich Fireskull from above. "Please be careful who is listened to."
Indeed, be careful. There are many different perspectives to this discussion, and we need to make sure that they are all heard.
One big one is for the Looters of TLOPO. The hardcore grinders that spend ridiculous amounts of time sitting at a single boss
looting for legendary weapons. People that collect legendaries, and work hard for them, will be turned off by this update if, in fact, legendaries are tradable. There are many people that have already confirmed that they would no longer play the game if legendaries would become tradable. I myself am one of those people since looting is the reason I play this game that we all know and love, and the time that has gone into each of the legendaries that those of us possess is too much to just have put to waste if trading for them was enabled.

Trading for legendaries would also open an even worse door on this game.
IRL Deals (In-Real Life Money Deals)
By this, I mean people selling or buying items for PayPal, or other currencies.

(let me specify, although this may not be allowed by tlopo staff, there would be nothing they could do to prohibit it. I've seen it on many games, and it's out there, people will do it behind the scenes).

Not only would players that are active message their old friends that have quit to try and ask for their legendaries, but we would confuse the real looters & hardcore grinders with those that have had friends give them legendaries, and those that have bought their way to the top.

Overall, it is important to give feedback here on the forums and circulate ideas and perspectives.
Don't be the person that says "trading is bad f*** you."
Give reason and detail as to why you feel a certain way regarding a topic.

Speak up regarding this matter!

Yes making sure the trade is fair is a priority.

While on the topic of fair transactions, I do feel there is definite concern of scams in direct, player-to-player trading. I would like to see more discussion on what protection against scams could be set in place - as well as protection against the use of external payment applications - before adding Legendaries to the trade pool.

That aside, I feel that almost anything and everything should be on the table. Materials, weapons, bones, gold, moonstones -- perhaps even ships themselves.

It can be easy to toss everything in the "no" bin out of concern that item values will tank. However, upon the launch of trading there will still remain a finite number of items in circulation. Furthermore, drop rates are not fixed in stone, and can be adjusted as time goes on. Once the dust inevitably settles I feel that the economy has much potential to balance itself with a bit of maintenance here and there from the devs.

Will the first couple of weeks be a wild ride? I don't doubt it. For the future of the game though, I feel this a necessary and welcome change.

Keep up the good work, TLOPO Team!

This is a copy paste of my whole issues with ttrading written down. I am going to work now, so won't be able to reply till 12 hrs. Will respond to anyone's replies them.

Why Trading Should Never Be Implemented in The Legend of Pirates Online

1. Longevity – The game is centralized around YOUR INVENTORY. Debate this FACT if you want, but more than 50% of the community plays this game for the looting aspect it specializes in. When you have trading, you are making the game EASIER to finish. (Aka: Making the game end more quickly) When you have everything you want in your inventory, and so does everyone else. You lose passion for the game since you are looting for nothing, and everyone has what you have faster.

2. Exploiting – In no system arguable, can you make a trading system in a FREE MMO without taking advantage. (This is just one of many…)
Example:Muilt-Boxing You make multiple pirates and give all the good loot they get to your main with muilt-boxing. If you have 1 pirate loot you get 4 loot drops per kill, which turns into 8 if you have two pirates…. 12 if you have 3 pirates, and you can multiply your loot drop rate the more alts you made for looting OR sailing.

3. Bad Deals – Taking advantage of other players who don’t know the value of others. “Full Moon Special Repeater is better than Skullbone Repeater because of its higher attack! We should trade!”

4. Guild Agreements – You have a whole guild give all weapons to singular player and they become the ‘best’ pirate in the game in no time. Killing the ‘race to find all legendary’ indefinitely to “Who’s the most popular”.

5. Promoting Buying & Selling – This is probably the most DANGEROUS part of trading. If trading and buying is within the game, players will start wanting to buy inventories, weapons, and clothing even from other players. I cannot name the amount of times I’ve heard “If trading was out I’d give you my Thunderspine Sword for… $$$” or “If Trading was a thing I’d give you my Bright Corset for…. $$$

6. Community Drama & Disrupting Staff – With trading out, players who get bad deals, disconnect between a trading process, or find a way to abuse new hacking system would STRESS OUT, OVER CLOCK, and flat out BOMBARD staff with emails, complaints, and flat out distress. Staff need time to focus on the game, not the players trading choices.

7. Destroying experience for low level players! – This one is a brutal truth… The Pirates of the Caribbean Online/The Legend of Pirates Online is an EASY GAME. Now imagine, you’re a level 1 and you just start out the game? Now imagine you have a friend that just gives you all his spare ‘rare’ high level weapons? You’d be leveling faster, questing quicker, and practically FLYING through the game invisibly with weapons you did not even work for. SPOILER ALERT !!!: The reason you have to be a certain level before you can get famed weapons in the looting system created by Disney? Is because the game would be BORING with them early on!

8. The game is centered around looting – You are a pirate, not a navy dog, or a big company. The idea of POTCO/TLOPO is that you plunder and pillage enemies, forts, and fleets to ransack the Navy and other “formattable enemies” to uncover your treasures. If trading is a thing you can achieve the same inventory as a player who’s looted night and day for MONTHS, in a couple of short deals. What kind of pirate would you say that is without getting your hands dirty?

9. The End of Passionate Looters – I know always one person in the comments always seem to point out… “Not everyone has as much time to loot on the game as (Charles Warmonk)” My response to them is, yes. I take this game very passionately and seriously when it comes to the looting aspect of this game, and I cannot argue that. I’ve made guides, videos, lessons, recorded loot drops and made theories for YEARS now. (Geez I need a life huh…?) So no, not everyone can loot as much as me. Is that a bad thing? Do I sound selfish in my pervious points now? I admit I sometimes show a bit of an ego, but the fact remains that I truly want this game to last a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back