Corsairs of the Sea: Remember Me

:excited: I'm speechless for the content ... I can't say anything critical about it. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!
Now for the wait ... - sighs -
I know it's too much to ask for more chapters so soon, since you had a very long 'meditation' to release those two monumental chapters. But if you could cut down on the our waiting time, that would be greatly appreciate it! ;)

Excellent job, Basil! As always!
It was just one Chapter, but it was to long, so it had to be in two parts.
I'm trying to cut the on the time it takes to release another chapter, ( It was two weeks of writing/planning, then two weeks of typing.) Right now I'm trying to write one small part, then typing that part right after so I can cut down time by at least two weeks. But with 'writers block' (I had that so many times in the past) and school - 11th grade is the most important - it's a little hard.

Chapter 9

A Royal Location

Outside, Alex runs his hands through his hair on what seemed to be the tenth time. He paces up down, trying to let everything sink in. All he wanted was to find out was who killed his parents and now he had this to deal with. He was now having second thoughts about the whole thing. Who could blame him? With everything that’s been revealed, who wouldn’t have second thoughts?

While he was trying to think over his troubles, Anna walks next to him.

“What did I get myself into?” Alex said without waiting for Anna begin speaking, “How did I get myself into this? I never asked for this.”

“Didn’t you want to find out who killed your parents?” asked Anna

“Yes, but I didn’t know it would have all of this tied to it.” Alex groans. He felt as if he was on the ship again, rocking from side to side. Alex sits on the edge of the longboat and rubbed his eyes. “Maybe I should have stayed in Port Royal.”

“But you have no home to go to, Alex.” She said standing right next to him, “And you know you’re wanted in Port Royal.”

“Then I’ll live someplace else. I can support myself; I’ll find some place to work.”

“But then you would’ve come here for nothing, Alex. I know you want to find out what happened. Don’t let that stop you. Remember when you said you’ll find the meaning of that dream even if it killed you? You’re still alive, aren’t you? Now that you know the meaning of the dream, act upon it.”

“I still don’t fully understand the dream, Anna.” Said Alex, “There still parts I don’t understand… ”

“And that’s why you have to act upon it, Alex.” Anna said, “Maybe somewhere along the line, you’ll find more about your past; why your parents were killed, why the island you lived on disappeared, and why you’re related to a gladiator.”

Alex shakes his head, “That’s more difficult than it seems, Anna. Who knows how long this gonna take, and now I’m told that I’m ‘destined’ to kill this guy called Jolly? I’m in over my head.”

“No, you’re not,” said Anna, “You have me…” she catches herself, “You have us. And together, we’ll help you, no matter what happens.” She smiles.

Alex chuckles, “I’m so sure the others would agree to that.”

“If they don’t, I’ll give them hell.” She smirks. There was something threatening, yet playful, about her voice… Alex hoped she was just being playful.

. . .

“Nothing but random lines,” mumbled Ragetti, “How can this be called a map?”

“It has been made by a witch doctor,” replied Tia over the map, “And only a witchdoctor can decipher it.”

She examines the yellowed parchment, running her fingers on one of the lines.

“This was made a few years ago,” she said, “The traces of magic are still here. All I need is the right incantation…”

She goes to the back room, out of sight. Jack and the others listen as the sounds of objects were being moved, followed by Tia mumbling something inaudible. She returns with a small book in her hands. The book, which was a little bigger a pocketbook, had a black leather covering. It looked cracked and faded and had a layer of dust that, when Tia blew on it, rise into the air.

She opens it, and stars to search for the incantation.

“Where would this map lead after you finish it?” asked Basil

“Hard to say, my Dear,” Tia replied,” A witchdoctor map is always changing – because the object that’s being sought after might change as well.”

“Change?”

Tia looks up, “Change. The object you seek might be moving as well.”

“Might be moving?” repeated Basil.

Ragetti leans over, “I don’t think she owns a parrot, mate.”

Basil frowns

“Of course it moves! Ye don’t expect it to stay in one place do you? Who knows how many times this map changed hands,” she mumbles, “could be at the bottom of the ocean for all I know.”

Jack rushes forward, “No-no! Let’s not think about that!” He knocks on the table hard.

“If this map is on land,” began Ragetti, “how would we know if someone hadn’t discovered where it leads to?”

“They won’t. That map also needs to be deciphered.”

“How time consuming…” basil said flatly.

“Indeed it is… That is unless you don’t want it to fall in the wrong hands. Which it may after it’s been deciphered. You best keep it close.”

She turns her attention back to the map, “speaking of being deciphered, take a look at this.”

The crew gathers around the map. The lines on the map slowly started to come together, to form even more rigid lines. But this time, these lines closely resembled a coast. It showed the coast of the Gulf States, (Florida, Alabama, etc.) All the way down to Mexico and the top of South America. Smaller lines started to appear, some forming into a Caribbean islands. An ‘X’ appears on Cuba.

“There! There it is!” said jack, “it was here all along!”

Tia shakes her head, “Nay, Jack. Watch closely.”

The enchanted map was finished. It became more detailed, showing little trees representing forests, groups of ‘V’ shape lines, representing mountains, and wavy lines for the Caribbean Sea. As a compass appeared on the bottom right corner of the map, an illustration of a whale appeared. As well as a large squid, this appeared next to the east coast of Florida. (Jack pointed out that he wanted to stay away from there.)

Finally, another ‘X’ appeared over a small area on Mexico’s east coastline. Right next to it, there’s a small illustration which showed a three floored mansion.

Tia points at Cuba. A small ‘x’ is shown.

“That’s where we are,” she then points at the coast of Mexico, “And there’s where the map is located, Tamaulipas. And that building apparently has the map.’

Basil takes a closer look, “I know that place,” he said, “It’s a Mansion. Loads of high class parties are held there.”

“You’ve been there before?” asked Jack

“Aye, when I was in the Royal Navy. Guess who owns it, the Fort Commander back in Port Royal. He’s the guy responsible for all the solders there. I thought he looked familiar. I only saw him twice; Once, at the Mansion, and again when I almost got caught in Port Royal. He also has some control on the naval ships coming in and out of the harbor- just like the ship that we attacked, Jack.”

“She attacked us, mate,” Jack said, “We had no choice but to fight back- Big difference.”

“After what we did back at Port Royal, I think we were the ones who provoked the attack.” Basil pauses, “What would a Fort Commander be doing with a Witchdoctors map?”

“Harry Nearwell, the Fort Commander, has a daughter - Felicity Nearwell,” Tia said, “Perhaps she has it.”

Basil shakes his head. “That doesn’t make any sense. Why would the Fort Commander give something that important to his daughter, or anyone else for that matter? It makes more sense to keep it somewhere safe.”

“Whatever the answer,” said Gibbs, “We have a long way to go.”

“Unfortunately,” said Tia, “The Pearl is too damaged for such a journey. She will have to be repaired. The shipwrights in the village will have it repaired in a few days.”

“There’s a village? Thought Cuba was just a swamp.”

Tia ignores Jack, “In the meantime, you should rest.”

“Not tired.” Jack and Basil said in unison.

Basil starts for the door, “I can use this time to train a bit. Those blasted undead freaks are getting good for a group of dead people.” He exits.

“What will you do, Jack?” Gibbs asked

“Me? Why, I am the mastermind behind all this, aren’t I? After I’ve find some rum, which would more than likely intoxicate me within minutes, I’ll make a plan to get the map in Ta-Ta…”

“Tamaulipas,” said Tia

“Aye, that’s the one.”

“Don’t you usually make up these things as you go along?” Gibbs asked

“It couldn’t hurt to plan once in a while, mate. If my plans workout without me planning them, surely planning them now would result in the plan working out better than it did before – unplanned, aye?” he starts for the door

Gibbs follows; he decides not to question what he just said. “Better make more plans – just in case the first fails.”

Jack turns around and smiles, “That’s where I’ll improvise.”

A few moments earlier, Basil steps outside. He sees Alex and Annabelle talking to each other.

He rolls his eyes, “Great,” he mumbled. He walks forward. “Alright you two, we’re going back to shore.”

“We leaving so soon then?” Alex asked

“Hmph, I wish. No, Alex, we’re staying here for a few days while the ship is being repaired. It’ll do us some good.”

“In what way – the ship being repaired – will be good for us?” asked Anna

Basil turns around, somewhat surprised by the silly question.

“Oh surely you jest with that question…”

Anna shakes her head.

A pause, “Fine, let me spell it out for you,” he walks closer to Anna, “The Pearl is damaged. And we might – no, we will a long journey ahead of us. And duringaforementioned journey, we might have to go through yet another battle, since there’s no telling what the hell goes through Jack’s maze of a mind; we might have to going through a few storms as well. So ask yourself, why it’ll do us some good to repair the ship with those factors in mind. Unless, that is, you want to find yourself floating in shark infested waters.”

“Is that a threat?”

Basil was taken aback, “How the hel-?! Bah, forget it!” he waves his hands in the air dismissively and turns back to the boats.

Anna smiles as he walks away.

“Why do you gave him so much trouble?” Alex asked, as Jack and the other emerged from the hut.

“I just love it when I annoy him…” she giggles.

Ah, the long overdue is worth the wait. I LOVE the clever conversations between those characters! They are so natural, I could almost play them in my mind, if we talk to each other, trying to be smart towards each other, and trying to get under each other's nerves, those are what the real life conversations would be. I almost couldn't believe you had a writer's block. I wish we didn't have to wait so long, but that's understandable, I know we would get good readings rewarding the long wait. :)

Great job, Basil! This would be long enough to actually make a whole movie out of.

Ah, the long overdue is worth the wait. I LOVE the clever conversations between those characters! They are so natural, I could almost play them in my mind, if we talk to each other, trying to be smart towards each other, and trying to get under each other's nerves, those are what the real life conversations would be. I almost couldn't believe you had a writer's block. I wish we didn't have to wait so long, but that's understandable, I know we would get good readings rewarding the long wait. :)

Great job, Basil! This would be long enough to actually make a whole movie out of.
Why didn't I replied to this...? Anyway, there's going to be a lot more 'smart talking' in the next Chapter; Anna gets her payback towards Basil :) Also, Terrance Beckett is coming back too. I didn't forget about him.

aha. It appears to mean Annie likes Alex. This should be interesting
Yep. I'm trying to take things slow with this story line. Don't want to mess things up to quickly.

*points to calendar*
june-21-calendar-md.png

= First day of ... S ... U... M ... M ... E ... R
= more free time to write
;)

Chapter 10:​
"Always be on the offensive"​

That afternoon the crew was back on the shore. Some were helping with the repairs of the Pearl, which was now pulled onto the sand thanks to the help of some of the villagers; the others not so much. ‘The others’ here were Jack who was ‘preoccupied’ with his compass, Alex who had problems of his own Basil, who was annoyed, and Anna, who was busy annoying Basil.
“Bugger off, woman!” Snapped Basil, he was now reaching his breaking point. Anna follows him as he tries to get away.
“No,” she replied like a child, “I want to know where you are going.”
Basil stops and turns. “What the bloody hell for?!”
“So I’ll know that you won’t try to get away from me again.”
Basil continues walking – Anna follows. After advancing a few feet, Basil whips around.
“You know, I just remembered who you remind me of.”
“Who-”
“A little sister! A git of a sister who doesn’t know when to quit! You just enjoy making my life pure hell!”
“If I was your sister, which would be such a shame,” she runs a finger across his now tighten jaw, “you would’ve already killed yourself from me driving you crazy – a shameful act.” She smiles.
You’re like a gift from the devil himself,” Basil muttered.
“Are you sure? It doesn’t seem that I have a bow on me…”
“Oh my God…” Basil runs his hands through his hair. “What did I do to deserve this?”
“You left me, that’s what you did.”
“That I did, and now I’m thinking that it was for a good reason!” Basil begins to walk back to where Alex was. “I could’ve left you back at Tortuga.”
“And yet here I am!” Anna declared happily.
“Ugh.”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Alex faces the ocean. He sits on the sand as he leans against a Coconut tree. On his left, The Pearl is being repaired, on his right, Basil trying to get away from Annabelle. Only one thing was on his mind: How did he end up in this mess?
Nothing was clear to him anymore. Not only did he have to find who killed his parents, which was his original plan, but now he had to find out how Golden Hawk Island disappeared and why the sword that he stole in Port Royal acted the way it did at night. Somehow, all of that was connected. And on top of all that, he was a decedent of a Roman Gladiator – Nero Decimus. He had more questions than answers. What a great day this was turning out to be.
“I could’ve left you back at Tortuga...”
“And yet here I am!”
“Ugh.”
“Sounds like the two of you are getting along well,” said Alex.
“Bah,” Basil muttered. He takes out his sword and draws a line in the sand. “Supposed to be using this time for training. Instead, I’ve this girl here giving me hell.” He stabs the sword into the ground, and sits next to Alex.
“How much training does one person need?” Anna asked
“A lot, especially if we don’t know what we’re getting ourselves into; we’re going all the way to Mexico. Who knows what to expect there. I usually practice with the other crewmen, but they’re busy over there…” He glances at Alex
“Don’t look at me, mate. I’ve got other things to worry about.”
Anna laughs, (Big mistake) “Well, it looks like you’re alone, Basil. Just like what you did to a certain someone.”
Basil stares at Anna, “Alex, give her your sword…”
“What?”
Basil eyes are still on Anna.
“Give her your sword.”
“B-but I don’t wanna -“
Give her your bloody sword, please!”
“Okay, okay, don’t get your trousers in a knot.”
“I think I’ve found someone to practice on,” Basil said getting up.
“Who?” Anna asked, (Was she really that clueless?)
“YOU!” Basil takes the sword from Alex and places it in Anna’s hand, “Congratulations!”
“I haven’t handled a sword for a while… I need-”
“Practice? Well this is your lucky day then! Right, let’s get started! “
Basil marches off, grabbing her arm as he went. “Let’s see how much you remember.”
Alex leaps up, this he just had to see.
“You should already know the basics of sword fighting, aye?” Basil raises his sword, “Well show me what you got.”
She hesitates.
“Oh, come, come, Annabelle!”
Anna tries to remember the basics of sword fighting. Thinking she has it, she strikes at Basil who deflects it easily. Another hit, Basil blocks that too. She tries a thrust, but Basil quickly backs away and counter attacks.
“Oh, come on. You can do better than that! “
She tries again, this time wildly swinging the sword, and again Basil counters. They go back and forth for a few moments before stopped.
“Alright, stop, stop, stop. You’re not taking your time with your hits, but also you can’t be so hesitant. Being hesitant would end up killing you. Now we don’t what that, now do we? Even though you could probably bore the life out of your enemies by opening that mouth of yours, there may come a time were one of them may be deaf- then you're out of luck! Give the sword back to Alex; Let us show you what actually has to be done.”
“You sure about this, Basil?” asked Alex, “Don’t want to hurt you or anything…” he smirks as he steps forward.
“Very funny, Hades, I can hold my own.”
Alex winks at Anna, as she hands him his sword. He seems to mouth the words ‘Don’t worry,’ when he got close.
“Right then. Swords at the ready!” Basil raises his sword, Alex follows. Anna steps back to a same distance.
“And… begin!” Alex strikes first. Basil is caught off-guard, but quickly recovers. Basil counterattacks with a thrust, but Alex backs away. Their swords clash as they both dodged each other attacks. Anna watched the two men fighting; both of them seem so focused, so confident in their moves…
Both of them circled each other, trading blows as they went. Basil tries for a high attack, but Alex quickly ducks out of the way. Alex takes a swing at his legs, but Basil jumps over it. Alex rolls out of the way as Basil sends another attack downwards. For a few moments they continued, and then Alex decides to quickly put an end to it. Getting in close, Alex pushes Basil’s sword out of the way. When Basil tries to swing down, Alex catches Basil’s sword arm with his free arm. Dropping his own sword, Alex knees Basil in the stomach. As Basil doubles over, Alex’s left leg hits the back of Basil’s right heel, throwing him off balance. With his sword arm, Alex pushes against Basil’s chest, making him fall on the sand. Before Basil has a chance to recover, Alex is on top of him, with a small knife, which was hidden somewhere on his person, against his throat.
Both Anna and Basil are speechless.
“Yield,” Alex said simply.
“I-I yield…”
Alex gets off of him and helps him on his feet. “Sorry about that, mate. Sometimes I just get into it…”
“Huh…” Basil nods absentmindedly. It was as if Alex’s gladiator side came out of nowhere.
Alex smirks, “You see Anna, that’s how you actually do it!” He turns to Basil, “Right, Basil?”
“Hmph, yeah… right.”
“Besides, what you are teaching her is all wrong. You always have to be on the offensive!” Alex turns to Anna, “Always! If you find a chance to slap your enemy upside the head with a basket, or crack his gob with a pot, you do it! This is war, not dancing! Throw sand in your target’s eyes, whatever. Just never let up! Here, take my sword…”
After giving his sword up, he takes Basil’s.
“Ok. Try to hit me.”
Anna tries to hit him, but again she’s too slow. Alex easily blocks the attack.
“To slow, Anna!” he said, “You’ll only kill yourself waiting for the other guy to attack. Want to live through a sword fight? Well, you better make sure you kill him first! Try again!” This time, Alex attacks her. And this time she blocks it.
“Yes! That’s it! Now counter attack after you block! Never let up! It’s a sword, not a bloody rolling pin! You get that tip three inches into the guy’s chest, and he’s done for! Again!”
Anna attacks again, never letting up. She laughs as she gets some hits. “I’m getting it!”
Alex smiles, “That’s great!” he suddenly gets serious, “Now play time is over…”
“Wait, wha…?” before she could finish, Alex disarms her, and she finds herself on the ground, with Alex sitting on top of her.
“Oi! What’s the big idea?!” she said grunting. Basil laughs in the background.
“What? You think that the guy that’s going to kill you is going to be nice? It’s not all sunshine and roses, you know!”
“Ugh! No fair!”
“You did well today. And since you already know how to fight, just apply what I thought you today. It could save your life.”
He helps Anna to her feet, “You might even defeat Basil one day…”
“Keep dreaming, Kid.” Basil chuckles.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The ship was ready to set sail the next day. With the crew refreshed, and the ship fully supplied, they were now ready to make their way to Tamaulipas, Mexico. The last long boat was ready to push off from the shore to meet the Pearl.
“Take a good look at Cuba, mates!” said Jack climbing in to the boat, “Because that’s going to be the last bit of land you are going to see until Mexico!”
“Providing we’ll ever make it to Mexico…” Gibbs muttered
“You doubt my talents, Gibbs?” Jack questioned
“Your talents usually get us into fights,” Basil said
“And yet you’re still alive! All thanks to my legendary Talents! This is why we’re going to Mexico in the first place.”
Alex scoffs, “Your ‘talents’ lead to the destruction of Tortuga.”
Jack pauses. “I’m sensing a lot of negativity around… here.” He draws an imaginary circle around Basil and Alex. “Not good.”
Basil gets in the boat with Jack, followed by Anna, then, Gibbs. Alex was about to join when Tia Dalma stops him.
“The journey you are about to face will have dangers you’ve never seen before. But those dangers will reveal more about your past…”
“Hopefully, whatever those dangers will reveal will clear up the confusion I have now,” Alex said
“All in good time,” she pauses, “I know that this will not be easy. And I am sorry that you have so much on your shoulders now…”
“Hmph. Tell me about it,” Alex mumbled. He steps closer to Tia, “Why me of all people? Why am I burdened with this man called Jolly Roger? Why am I related to a gladiator? I just want to find out who killed my parents!”
“To find that answer, you must first unlock the others…” she replied.
“And why is everything in riddles?! Why does it have to be so cryptic?!” Alex said.
“It’s what she does,” said Gibbs, “She never gives a straight answer.” He chuckles. Tia looks at him and he stops.
“You want a straight answer?” she said sternly, “As you wish,” She stands closely to Alex so only he can hear what’s being said. “To find out who killed your parents will be no easy task. You will have to endure pure hell before you can even begin to uncover the truth. There will be blood spilt – yours could be included. You will have to go up against bigger forces than you can imagine. Jolly is just one of them. You will find new friends… and old enemies. People who are determined to stop you from finding out the truth of your parents, and the location of the Golden Hawk Island. This is what faces you as soon as you step foot off of this island. You very life will be in danger.”
To Alex, in that moment, everything around him was blocked out. Only Tia and he seemed to exist when she said her next words…
“Are you willing to die to find out the truth? Are you willing to sacrifice yourself for your friends?”
Alex thinks of Anna and Basil when she says this.
“Because,” she continued, “You may have to face those very questions one day. It’s up to you if you are going to act upon them, or not.”
The world came back to him when Jack spoke up.
“As touching as this scene looks like, we best be off. The quicker we get to the map, the better…”
“Remember what I’ve told you,” Tia said giving Alex a small push to the boat, “And here, take this…” she hands him a small medallion made out of stone. “This will give you whatever you want when the time is right. When you are in absolute danger, and you have no other options, use this and it will help you.”
Alex examines the medallion. It has the markings of a skull on it.
“It only has enough voodoo for one request. After that, it’s useless. Use it wisely.”
Alex grips it tightly. “I will…”
“Be safe, my dear Alex. Be prepared for anything out there…”
Alex nods and steps into the boat. He sits next to Anna
“Finally,” said Jack, “Gibbs, and Basil, to the Pearl!” Gibbs and Basil both mutter something as they started to row.
“Until next time, Tia!” Jack said, “Keep an eye on the Horizon!”
“For you Jack, always!” she said, “I hope fate brings you back soon.”
Alex takes looks at Cuba before turning back around.
“What did she told you?” Anna whispered to Alex
Alex decides not to tell her everything.
“What lies ahead of us won’t be easy…”
And that was it.

It's great and intensed! I can't stop reading now ... are you just going to let us hang in here for another month or two? It would 'kill' me! I feel like what Alex felt right now; I have more questions than answers. I can't predict where this story is going, at all. And that's good and also a torture ... - sighs -

I can't think of anything to make this better, you are a pro now. Just make a book so that I could all of them at once. Excellent job, as always. :)

It's great and intensed! I can't stop reading now ... are you just going to let hang in here for another month or two? It would 'kill' me! I feel like what Alex felt right now; I have more questions than answers. I can't predict where this story is going, at all. And that's good and also a torture ... - sighs -

I can't think of anything to make this better, you are a pro now. Just make a book so that I could all of them at once. Excellent job, as always. :)
In the next Chapter, I plan to move back to the Navy side story. It's a story line that needs to be picked back up to keep this story going. I already have a few lines down and hopefully it'll be done by the time I get back . Or, if I feel really inspired, by next week. I feel the same way Alex does, and I'm the one who wrote it! :) The story has so many ways where it can go, that I have to pick the right one.

Chapter 11:​
My Fate​

I was once a proud captain in the Royal Navy. I had this feeling of power and respect from everyone around me. As a captain in the Royal Navy, it was my duty just like everyone else to uphold law and order in the Caribbean. And yet, here I am – in a jail cell.
My brother, Cutler Beckett was killed because of Sparrow – Jack Sparrow. And so, after finally finding him to get my vengeance, I put my ship and crew at risk. It was a gamble I was willing to take – and I lost that gamble. The ship now lies on the seabed and some of its crew is now dead. Do I have any regrets?
No.
True, the crewmen could’ve had families, but they knew what they signed up for! These waters are filled with pirates and every day could be their last. Some are lucky to survive, others aren’t. Forgive me if I seem heartless as I carelessly sent men to their deaths, but they knew what they were getting themselves into.
Maybe it was because I was so blinded by revenge, that I couldn’t even command properly. But no matter, A few weeks from now, I’ll be on a ship to England to see the king. That’s right; my fate will be in the court’s hands. Do I care if I’m innocent or not? No, I will still get my vengeance. And I will do so by any means necessary. They put me in jail? I’ll break out. They try to hang me? I’ll escape before they do. I’m no longer apart of the Royal Navy. I am now on my own. Whether if I’ll have help or not trying to break out, it doesn’t matter to me.
I don’t care how long it takes. I will sail to the ends of the world to get Sparrow. I will not stop chasing him until my sword goes through his heart. After that, I don’t care if I live or die – I have no family, my brother was the last of my family. I’m not interested in finding a wife or having kids, so I’ll have no one cry over my dead body. I’m not a believer, so I have no God to fear. There’s no Heaven or Hell for me. Once I’m dead, that’s it. It’ll be just like going to sleep.
I’ll say again, I will sail to the ends of the world to get Jack Sparrow. I will stop at nothing, nothing, to kill that man.
The world is a cold and cruel place. Sometimes, you have to be worse than that to survive.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>​

How the hell did I get into this mess? When you wake up, you don’t expect the first words to hear is, “We’ve lost a ship in battle.” Especially when that battle was not authorized by me!
I am the commander of all the Navy ships in Port Royal. No naval ship gets in or out of this port without me knowing it. So imagine my surprise when I got word that a naval ship left port to follow the Pearl. As if I didn’t have problems already! Later that day, I was told Tortuga was on fire! And now, thanks to that ship’s Captain, Terrance Becket, we both have to go to speak to the bloody king! If it was up to me, I would kill that fool myself!
He claims that he did it because his brother, Cutler Beckett, was killed by a pirate named Jack Sparrow. I don’t care if it was the king himself who killed his brother. When you’re a Captain you must not be compromised. You crew and your ship comes first! There’s no time for personal vendettas! He had the nerve to say that there was a bounty on his head. Since that bounty was not set by the Royal Navy, we have no right putting our sodding noses where it doesn’t belong! That bounty was set by the EITC, and darn it, it will be them who will catch this Jack Sparrow!
I’ve lost a brother too. Not in a battle, but in a storm. However, if he was in a battle, I wouldn’t risk a crew and a ship looking for the individuals who did it. In this life, you need to get used to losing things. A few months ago, I lost two frigates near Cape Cod – it was the colonists doing on that one. I lost five friends – five. But you don’t see me swearing to get revenge, now do you?
Right now, that Terrance fellow his sitting in a jail cell, waiting to be moved to England for his hearing. What will be the outcome? Who knows? The only thing is I’m going to be in that hearing too, and not on the side that I want to be either. I am responsible for the naval ships in Port Royal; therefor I am also responsible for the ship’s Captains. They come to me when I need them to be dispatched somewhere. They answer to me, and I answer to the king. If I get into trouble for this, I could be permanently relieved of my duties. Being thrown in jail is less likely since I had no knowledge, but it’s still a possibility.
So, making sure that we won’t get attacked while on the way to England, we’ll be on escort. It remains unclear whether or not I would let Terrance roam about on the ship during this time, but if I do, it will be restricted.
I’ve just received word that instead of waiting for two weeks to go to England; we’ll leave in two days. This should make a pleasant surprise to Terrance.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>​

Two days later, Terrance and Edward were aboard the HMS ‘Amore,’ a 15 gun frigate.
Treated like a criminal, Terrance is kept inside the Ship’s jail for most of the journey. All respect is lost for him. Even if he’s not guilty, no one would see him as the same again. This man’s life has changed, all because of his judgment. A judgment clouded by revenge.
Edward watches Terrance from across the room. He leans against a wall, his arms and legs crossed. Terrance tries to ignore him.
“Don’t you have anything better to do than to stare at me?” Terrance asked.
Edward says nothing. The ship creaks as the waves hit it's bow.
“Sod off,” Terrance mumbled.
“I’m sorry, afraid I didn’t hear that.”
“I said sod off!” Terrance snapped. “Are you deaf?”
Edward quickly rushes up to the cell. “You dare insult – “
“I’m no longer a Captain, Commander,” Terrance steps closer to the bars, “Nor am I in the Royal Navy. So why should I gave a darn what I say to you?”
Edward shakes his head, “Poor bastard. You’re a bloody fool for doing what you did.”
“You still on that? Come off it.”
“Yes! I am still on that! And no, I will not ‘come off it!’ Do you know how many people lost their love ones?!”
“They knew what they signed up for!”
“That’s not an excuse, Beckett!”
“You’re just trying to save your own skin, Winston! You don’t care about how many people were killed! You just don’t want your head on the chopping block!”
Edward angry rattles the jail bars.
“If it weren’t for these bars, I would’ve killed you by now!”
“Don’t bet on it. You’re not the only one who knows how to kill someone with their bare hands…”
“We’ll see…” Edward spits at the ground, “Your days could be numbered.”
“The same goes for you, Edward,” Terrance said. He starts to pace, “there’s a possibility that you will get in trouble too.”
“Since I had no knowledge, I am sure that I’ll get off fine.”
“Sure about that? Fate has a funny way of ruining people chances. Perhaps it is your days that are numbered.
“Is that a threat, Beckett?”
“Take it as you like, Commander. Fate has a funny way of ruining people chances…. And lives”
There is a long silence between them. Terrance stares at him. The man who once was his superior was now an equal to him. He didn't care what would happen to him, but he did know one thing - The 'Commander,' was now on his revenge list. Terrance laughs in his mind. The Commander's days were numbered.
To Edward, the man opposite him was broken, unfit for duty. He was a disgrace to the Royal Navy and should be dealt with quickly. Any chance for remorse was now gone. Edward would make sure that this man would be put to death. Both held their icy stare toward each other, brown eyes into blue, daring not to blink, each trying to read the other's thoughts.
There is so much hatred, so much tension between the two of them, that if the bars weren't between them, both would be locked in a bloody fight to the death. Finally, Edward says, “Enjoy your little piece of hell,” he refers to the cell, “There’s going to be more where that came from…” He walks up the stairs to the deck.
Terrance watches him as he goes up the stairs. “We’ll see who’s going to have more hell…” and with that Terrance goes back to his cot, the wood creaking quietly under him as he lay back down.

Back