Recruiting Dark Archive

One question. If say you were a member and on the guild member list, will you still be in the guild or have to re-join??

0e078f84d90ad5a36fe5f045e5fcb472.png

Anyone claiming to have been a Dark Archive Officer can be verified. We required all of our officers to register at our guild site. If there is a question, you may contact us here at the forums or at our guild site.

I don't need an exact number, but a rough estimate on how many pirates have commited to this guild? Jc

I don't need an exact number, but a rough estimate on how many pirates have commited to this guild? Jc

I do not have an exact number but we are in frequent contact with our Guild Master and at least 10 of our officers and are already in discussions on our guild site about reforming the guild and the process/procedures for doing so. One thing that made our guild so successful was the meticulous attention to organization and structure. People who joined our guild knew they would not be randomly kicked out for no reason. If you played POTCO for a while, you may have experienced the pain of logging in and suddenly being out of your guild and as a result out of contact with many who you considered good friends. This happened to me and to my good friend Jason Firewalker. We were so heartbroken that we got the idea to make a new guild with strict rules governing officers, guilding, and booting so that our members would never have to face that pain. This was the birth of the Dark Archive.

I'm not saying people were not booted, but when they were they had multiple warnings and a chance to friend an officer to be reguilded if their booting was to be temporary. The reasons for booting had to be posted in the officer section of the guild site so that the rest of the officers knew who was booted and why. This method prevented officers from booting for no reason or for personal reasons. Any officer who breached this code of conduct faced disciplinary actions and possible loss of office. I can't say this NEVER happened but it was very very rare.

I hope this adequately answers your question. I can't say how many members we will have at first but we are guaranteed at least 10 trained and experienced officers from the start.

~Kat

I do not have an exact number but we are in frequent contact with our Guild Master and at least 10 of our officers and are already in discussions on our guild site about reforming the guild and the process/procedures for doing so. One thing that made our guild so successful was the meticulous attention to organization and structure. People who joined our guild knew they would not be randomly kicked out for no reason. If you played POTCO for a while, you may have experienced the pain of logging in and suddenly being out of your guild and as a result out of contact with many who you considered good friends. This happened to me and to my good friend Jason Firewalker. We were so heartbroken that we got the idea to make a new guild with strict rules governing officers, guilding, and booting so that our members would never have to face that pain. This was the birth of the Dark Archive.

I'm not saying people were not booted, but when they were they had multiple warnings and a chance to friend an officer to be reguilded if their booting was to be temporary. The reasons for booting had to be posted in the officer section of the guild site so that the rest of the officers knew who was booted and why. This method prevented officers from booting for no reason or for personal reasons. Any officer who breached this code of conduct faced disciplinary actions and possible loss of office. I can't say this NEVER happened but it was very very rare.

I hope this adequately answers your question. I can't say how many members we will have at first but we are guaranteed at least 10 trained and experienced officers from the start.

~Kat
Thank you, good ma'am. I admire the organization and discipline shown. And I can say you're more patient than me, I would only give them one more chance before booting them, not multiple XD. The guild site had well over 500 people, but I wasn't sure if that was from the old POTCO, or is part of this

Thank you, good ma'am. I admire the organization and discipline shown. And I can say you're more patient than me, I would only give them one more chance before booting them, not multiple XD. The guild site had well over 500 people, but I wasn't sure if that was from the old POTCO, or is part of this

If we had not given them another chance, I would be without several outstanding officers. People can learn from their mistakes. They can grow and mature into exceptional players. We do have limits to our forgiveness and we also have limits to the number of times you can leave and then join back. All of this is explained when new people are guilded so they are aware of it.

If we had not given them another chance, I would be without several outstanding officers. People can learn from their mistakes. They can grow and mature into exceptional players. We do have limits to our forgiveness and we also have limits to the number of times you can leave and then join back. All of this is explained when new people are guilded so they are aware of it.
I fully understand. I just say what I said due to personal life experience. Anyways, I am interested enough to submit an application, and just did so. Wish me luck

All verified members will be invited back should they choose to rejoin. All officers will be reinstated after verifying their pirate's name on our web site. New members will be welcomed with open arms.

I realized after thinking back on it just how dumb the question was. I do intend to come back as soon as feasible. Of course, we'll cross that bridge when it gets here. Thanks!

Wow, there's an application to fill out! Isn't a guild meant to have fun with others, new or old members?

It is not REQUIRED to be a member of our guild site or fill out an application in order to join our guild. It is available if a member would like to participate in guild discussions, post screen shots, and enter guild contests. It's a way to be involved even during the times that you cannot play in the game. The only members required to have an account on the guild site are the officers because there is important information there that they need and discussions they need to participate in and the site allows them to do that without us having to all be in the game at once.

We are currently allowing people to join the site who are interested in our guild. If they choose not to join our guild, the account will eventually be removed because our site is for DA members only. I do not know what limitation the developers will place on guild numbers, if any. Therefore if we fill up fast we will be giving priority to those who have already signed up.

Thanks for asking! That is an important question that we needed to address.

What are guild battles and why does Dark Archive abstain from them

My apologies for not addressing your question earlier. 'Guild Wars/Battles' occur when one guild determines they are the enemy of another guild. As a result, they insult and harass their members just because of the guild they are in. We do not participate in that.

However, we DO enjoy friendly competitions with other guilds such as SVS or PVP battles or organized contests. That is completely different and is a social event.

Kat, my pirate (in my signature) didn't show up on the Guild Roster, I added him in but he hasn't been set a Guild Class. Did I do something wrong?

Kat, my pirate (in my signature) didn't show up on the Guild Roster, I added him in but he hasn't been set a Guild Class. Did I do something wrong?

No, it was my fault. I forgot to tell the site that your pirate is a member. Log in, go to the Roster, find your pirate's name, then click the CLAIM link to the right of his name.

Welcome to the DA!

Back