Developer Digest

Wow, loving the work that is happening, I'm so hyped. I have a few questions though...

What language are you guys coding in?

Will the Devs pirates get wiped so we all start at level 1 or will they just get moved to the Dev server and have new pirates for the public server, I'd love for everybody to start from the bottom at the beginning?

What software/engine are you guys using to make TLOPO?

Was Sail customization in POTCO? I honestly don't remember it.

In regards to founder status, I think that everyone who made an account in Alpha and early beta should get it if implemented...

Thanks!

Will the Devs pirates get wiped so we all start at level 1 or will they just get moved to the Dev server and have new pirates for the public server, I'd love for everybody to start from the bottom at the beginning?
Everyone will begin brand new when Beta is released, including TLOPO Staff - level 1 pirates with 0 gold.

Yes, it was. Take a look at this link: http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Ship_Customization.

In regards to founder status, I think that everyone who made an account in Alpha and early beta should get it if implemented...
Your suggestion is noted. Thank you :)

Wow, loving the work that is happening, I'm so hyped. I have a few questions though...

What language are you guys coding in?

What software/engine are you guys using to make TLOPO?

Thanks!

1. Python 2.7
2. Yes, all pirates will get wiped.
3. Panda3D (A custom TLOPO version) - https://www.panda3d.org/
4. Yes, there was ship customization in POTCO.
5. I agree with you on that!

Hope that answers some of your questions! (P.s. I'm not a TLOPO developer).

Last edited:
Why are you guys doing the side stuff first? :) just wondering :) Can't you guys just do the enemy AI and quests first :D That would be so cool... :)

Yeah I saw the stream, but I also saw the AI wasn't finished yet :p I'm not offending someone btw... You guys look offended.. :/
No, I was just pointing out what seemed to me was added :) Also, they are working on the big systems for the game too, but I assume the smaller ones get implemented first because they take less time to complete (but I don't know that for a fact).

No, I was just pointing out what seemed to me was added :) Also, they are working on the big systems for the game too, but I assume the smaller ones get implemented first because they take less time to complete (but I don't know that for a fact).
Ow oke :p That would actually make sense :p

We were talking about this in our guild chat, I was saying how I wished that they focused 100% on the main game first then adding the mini games after beta had been released. Also saying how I loved cannon defense but I think the main game should be prioritized. "Unless most of the game is already finished :0"

Sounds like devs are doing a great job from word of mouth of multiple forums posts! Thanks guys!

Maybe a stupid Q. But will there be less lag and better fps in Beta? I was lagging soooo bad before alpha closed :(

Maybe a stupid Q. But will there be less lag and better fps in Beta? I was lagging soooo bad before alpha closed :(
It should be way less laggy than alpha was. During the lat dev stream I could aleast tell that it was better than alpha was lag wise.

Back