Suggestion Fix General Hex's Level to 30

Prove? I'm just debating a change being campaigned for that I think impacts way more of the normal players than what is suggested.
At the end of the day, it's up to the dev's. My wish is that they ignore this improvement.
GL
Your wish is for this suggestion to be ignored because you don't like the person who requested it.

^Big Facts^Just In case you didn't know at this point
Sure, while beta testing, lets just change an original part of the game because something isn't as easy as is wanted and make the rest of the community have to work it out. Sounds fair.
Can't find time worth giving to quote all 3 responses.
  1. A change that consist of the boss always being at it's max level(30) Where the rest of the community can still find someone to help them kill it within 1 minute if its really a challange
  2. You're so helpful, love your asset and contribution to the community and how it's typically overlooked.
  3. You used impact as if it was game changing, what even?

Um, this thread is already dead, so maybe lock it, close it or whatever it is.
deanaug said the requested modification isn't gonna happen, so let's go debate other cool, mundane stuff elsewhere?

I think this sentiment is expressed quite nicely from the following scene in the Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan movie:

With the Enterprise (ship) in imminent danger of destruction, Spock enters a highly radioactive chamber in order to fix the ship’s drive so the crew can escape danger. Spock quickly perishes, and, with his final breaths, says to Kirk, “Don’t grieve, Admiral. It is logical. The needs of the many outweigh . . .” Kirk finishes for him, “The needs of the few.” Spock replies, “Or the one.” :cry:
Whoa, powerful scene and overlay into this thread!
Awesome!

PF staff have gotten numerous reports out of this thread by multiple parties. Through our analysis, we haven't seen anything rule-breaking (yet). That being said, I do personally see this thread growing more mocking in nature to some participants. Discussion has remained rather civil, but if any further discussion crosses the line, consequences will be given.

We appreciate everyone's ability to conduct a civil conversation and would prefer everyone continue in a likewise manner.

^Big Facts^Just In case you didn't know at this point

Can't find time worth giving to quote all 3 responses.
  1. A change that consist of the boss always being at it's max level(30) Where the rest of the community can still find someone to help them kill it within 1 minute if its really a challange
  2. You're so helpful, love your asset and contribution to the community and how it's typically overlooked.
  3. You used impact as if it was game changing, what even?
Well, I took my time reading this, unfortunately it was a language I didn't recognize and I don't have the proper decomiler for the code.
I was up for the challenge too but I'm disappointed in myself that I couldn't compile it. Could this be reposted in Pascal if you have the time?
Thanks.

PF staff have gotten numerous reports out of this thread by multiple parties. Through our analysis, we haven't seen anything rule-breaking (yet). That being said, I do personally see this thread growing more mocking in nature to some participants. Discussion has remained rather civil, but if any further discussion crosses the line, consequences will be given.

We appreciate everyone's ability to conduct a civil conversation and would prefer everyone continue in a likewise manner.
Oh great, now I see your warning.

Have to disagree here, as I say before hex is fine the way he his. It give a huge challenge for hard core looter by design. And yes, I do understand the fact high level players can insta-killing Hex, while low players may not have to chance to hit Hex. However, low players can simply find a good quiet server. get their doll at least level 25, have their sword that have Drain Voodoo or Voodoo Damage and pretty much farm away if there in their correct level. Also, I have to disagree moving the legendary to Devil Root and the main reason is that he doesn't fit the theme getting a legendary doll called "Calypso's Radiance". Seems weird getting a legendary from Devil Root with that legendary doll name. Plus Devil Root deserve a much better legendary then a doll. As for Timothy Dartan, like why? He like the same level as Hex except in a different area. What different does it make?? I wouldn't be surprise if Timothy Dartan drop he own legendary in the future. Also forgot to point out that General Hex drop the strongest doll in the game, but I don't think it like the doll is broken or may help you for your advantage even if your high level or low level pirates. The only thing I make use of it is Lift Drain, now if it was +3 then it a different story. I don't have the doll yet. So, it hard to judge anyway.
Timothy Darren is different than General hex in one important way. He is in an area where extremely low level pirates rarely go. Again my perspective comes from going out of my way every day to crew up with new players and help them learn to play and complete quests. If you are not doing that you probably won't see the difference between hex and Dartan.

People who suggest going to abassa as some kind of remedy for new players who find it hard to work in an area where there is a dangerous boss with multiple adds keyed to defend him and who the boss will defend don't realize the perspective new players have.
Many don't play on the busy server due to computer issues nor do they even know what the term the "busy server" means in relation to their quest goals. Some don't even know how to change servers.

Also the last thing you can expect is that a new player even bothers to read these forums. I don't blame them as little of these discussions would probably benefit them or convince them this is a helpful and courteous player community.

Last edited:
Timothy Darren is different than General hex in one important way. He is in an area where extremely low level pirates rarely go. Again my perspective comes from going out of my way every day to crew up with new players and help them learn to play and complete quests. If you are not doing that you probably won't see the difference between hex and Dartan.

People who suggest going to abassa as some kind of remedy for new players who find it hard to work in an area where there is a dangerous boss with multiple adds keyed to defend him and who the boss will defend don't realize the perspective new players have.
Many don't play on the busy server due to computer issues nor do they even know what the term the "busy server" means in relation to their quest goals. Some don't even know how to change servers.

Also the last thing you can expect is that a new player even bothers to read these forums. I don't blame them as little of these discussions would probably benefit them or convince them this is a helpful and courteous player community.
I see what your coming from. But, I'm just saying if Calypso's Radiance move to Timothy Darren. It make no different in looting, since their are in the same level as Hex.

I see what your coming from. But, I'm just saying if Calypso's Radiance move to Timothy Darren. It make no different in looting, since their are in the same level as Hex.
If Hex's role as a low level boss is so vital, then it would have been more appropriate to give Calypso's Radiance to Timothy Dartan, who is located in a fairly high-level area. I really don't follow the logic of giving one of the most powerful weapons to one of the weakest bosses, nevermind one that is a twenty second walk from the beaches of Tortuga.

Nevertheless, changing the range of levels Hex can spawn at from 23-30 to 26-30 (or just locking it at 30) doesn't make him any less viable as a boss for lower level players. Even if he isn't buffed, there's already a high chance that questers will encounter him at that level.

The problem here isn't that it's too difficult to get Calypso's Radiance. My impression is that it's actually fairly easy. The problem is that - like with the initial release of Jack Sparrow's Blade - the issue of game balance is being neglected. The TLOPO team has given the highest attack voodoo doll to a boss that often spawns with a green name tag from the perspective of the pirates who are most interested in looting him. What sense does that make?

Last edited:
If Hex's role as a low level boss is so vital, then it would have been more appropriate to give Calypso's Radiance to Timothy Dartan, who is located in a fairly high-level area.
I agree that Timothy Dartan should have the doll, not Hex.
That would solve a lot of issues.

I agree that Timothy Dartan should have the doll, not Hex.
That would solve a lot of issues.
Maybe let him drop one as well?
I can be lazy and hex is a quick local. Dalton and DH are the longest run in the game. Even anywhere Raven is shorter.

I think I understand the disconnect in our mutual understanding.

Your point is that Hex should remain the same and the doll should remain with hex.

I 110% agree with your position.
A challenge in an easy game is welcome.

Giving the doll to hex doesn't negatively affect lower level players.

My point was that if you are going to fix his level 30, then moving the doll to Timothy Dartan would be preferable as that won't impact lower level players as much. As anyone who understands the basic mathematics of how damage is calculated in this game, a higher level monster does more damage than a lower level one.

Back