Suggestion Fix General Hex's Level to 30

I rebutted all opposing arguments with fairness and cordiality. The comment that this quote was in response to contained no such arguments. There's a difference between people with legitimate differences of opinion and people who feel threatened by default whenever certain members of the community post anything; this thread contains heaping portions of both.
I understand your position and reasoning Beggar, and you're OK in my book.
I just beg to disagree with your opinion on some issues.

After effectively testing the tag issue due to level differences between my Lv. 50, and moving down to a Lv. 42, I can in fact say that I have noticed a difference in the drops, not by much, but enough to tell. I will have to agree with the OP.

Firstly, I feel that since General Hex is considered the second toughest of Jolly's generals, and now has an Exclusive Legendary doll, it would at least warrant bumping him into the level range of his big brother, General Darkhart. A simple tweak (from a choice standpoint), changing his meager 23-30 level range up to something more threatening, let's say 26-33, or even up to Darkhart's 28-35 would be that General Hex would no longer appear Green to higher leveled players, and instead have a basic minimum of appearing with a Yellow nametag, which definitely drives up loot chances by a little bit.

Secondarily, I feel as if the argument in which bumping Hex's level is a bad choice due to the fact that there is an active quest linked with the boss,is currently bloated far more than it needs to be. Seeing as General Hex is not only easy to locate and travel to, and is also now linked with a Legendary drop (obviously), the method of completing the quest would be just the same as a player of average level looking to defeat Darkhart in the easiest manner possible. If you're level 25 and you're looking to beat the snot out of a boss without being forced to do it solo, what do you do? You go to Abassa and you walk to the large group of players crowding and blowing the boss to bits.

Hex also has a huge Achilles Heel in which he is a Voodoo Doll user himself, meaning, take a player with any sort of weapon that can drain voodoo from the boss, and in no time at all the boss is stuck using the lower voodoo casts due to a constant lack of sufficient voodoo.

Counter Claim/s

A more personal gripe over anything, I feel like the methodology behind obtaining the Doll is flawed either way you dice it. Higher level players can't obtain it on a regular basis (by legendary standards) due to a level fluctuation, and lower level players (in which the surrounding area caters to) have an Absolute 0% chance in obtaining the Doll up until a minimum of Level 25 in both Doll AND Notoriety, far past the point in which Misty Mire is actively viable.
Sorry Misha. I'm going to disagree with this whole post. You by being in agreement in raising hex's levels is strengthening minority looters unwarranted requests to make looting even easier, quicker and more profitable for elootists themselves at the expense of everyone else leveling experiences.
It's just too narrow focused of a demand. Yes, it is a demand. Not by you, but others.
GL

I rebutted all opposing arguments with fairness and cordiality. The comment that this quote was in response to contained no such arguments. There's a difference between people with legitimate differences of opinion and people who default to spite and litigiousness whenever certain members of the community post anything; this thread contains heaping portions of both.
No, you did not. Sorry. And if you believed you did, then you need to re-read some of yours and others posts.
But it's not about you, don't be too disappointed. It's about the simplistic and not thought out request to make something easy for the elootists at the cost to the rest of the community. Remember the Sparrow? Had nothing to do with other people who actually liked a nice powerful blade.
But like I said before, the two main groups are even recently. Elootists got more legendary, sparrow got nerfed, but the other group got the capt boot. So, we're 1 and 1. I don't this request will win the rubber match this time.
I'm banking on trading to take that lead.
GL

Last edited:
Sorry Misha. I'm going to disagree with this whole post. You by being in agreement in raising hex's levels is strengthening minority looters unwarranted requests to make looting even easier, quicker and more profitable for elootists themselves at the expense of everyone else leveling experiences.
It's just too narrow focused of a demand. Yes, it is a demand. Not by you, but others.
GL
I think this sentiment is expressed quite nicely from the following scene in the Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan movie:

With the Enterprise (ship) in imminent danger of destruction, Spock enters a highly radioactive chamber in order to fix the ship’s drive so the crew can escape danger. Spock quickly perishes, and, with his final breaths, says to Kirk, “Don’t grieve, Admiral. It is logical. The needs of the many outweigh . . .” Kirk finishes for him, “The needs of the few.” Spock replies, “Or the one.” :cry:

Have to disagree here, as I say before hex is fine the way he his. It give a huge challenge for hard core looter by design. And yes, I do understand the fact high level players can insta-killing Hex, while low players may not have to chance to hit Hex. However, low players can simply find a good quiet server. get their doll at least level 25, have their sword that have Drain Voodoo or Voodoo Damage and pretty much farm away if there in their correct level. Also, I have to disagree moving the legendary to Devil Root and the main reason is that he doesn't fit the theme getting a legendary doll called "Calypso's Radiance". Seems weird getting a legendary from Devil Root with that legendary doll name. Plus Devil Root deserve a much better legendary then a doll. As for Timothy Dartan, like why? He like the same level as Hex except in a different area. What different does it make?? I wouldn't be surprise if Timothy Dartan drop he own legendary in the future. Also forgot to point out that General Hex drop the strongest doll in the game, but I don't think it like the doll is broken or may help you for your advantage even if your high level or low level pirates. The only thing I make use of it is Lift Drain, now if it was +3 then it a different story. I don't have the doll yet. So, it hard to judge anyway.
I appreciate your input, Jason. Its genuineness stands out from many of the other comments on this thread.

I appreciate your input, Jason. Its genuineness stands out from many of the other comments on this thread.
There you go, sorry your words not mine. lol -- "I rebutted all opposing arguments with fairness and cordiality."

I'd be a hypocrite if I said i wasn't aiming at elootists, so If I stop making comments about them 'in this thread only' maybe others would stop targeting people who don't agree with hex's altering after the fact on this thread.
We'll see.

Last edited:
Here is something that we should consider: General Hex is part of the original potco and changing his level is changing the original game. I'm ok with adding the new bosses that drop a single new legendary and I'm ok with some new weapons being added too but I'm less happy about the 4 new legendaries that are each from a single old boss. I would have preferred that those legendaries were just added to the general loot pool, like SF and The Lost Sword. I want the developers to preserve as much of the original game as possible while still adding new content for higher level players. I see changing Hex's level as counter to this. To my mind new high level content should be isolated as much as possible from the original game content.

Last edited:
There you go, sorry your words not mine. lol -- "I rebutted all opposing arguments with fairness and cordiality."

I'd be a hypocrite if I said i wasn't aiming at elootists, so If I stop making comments about them 'in this thread only' maybe others would stop targeting people who don't agree with hex's altering after the fact on this thread.
We'll see.
I hope people don't feel that I've brought toxicity to this thread, I've got nothing against any of the posters and I consider Beggar a good friend. There's plenty of disagreement here and there is no right or wrong to be on the side of. I think it's good to get such topics out there for people to consider and voice their opinion. (Just for a laugh, perhaps you know Chevy Chase's opening to Point-Counterpoint on Saturday Night Live?)

I hope people don't feel that I've brought toxicity to this thread, I've got nothing against any of the posters and I consider Beggar a good friend. There's plenty of disagreement here and there is no right or wrong to be on the side of. I think it's good to get such topics out there for people to consider and voice their opinion. (Just for a laugh, perhaps you know Chevy Chase's opening to Point-Counterpoint on Saturday Night Live?)
Not saying you but the whole forums is toxic. This started as a VALID point because they put endgame content at a midgame boss where an endgame player can barely access it. Now what makes everyone oppose to this. You all sitting here like you’re about to actually do the black pearl (or whatever quest requires you to kill hex) from Level 1 to the end of the story. That ain’t it chief, there’s to many other things to get you side tracked and even if you can’t defeat general hex join a half decent guild and simply say “hey I need help defeating a boss can’t do it alone” and if your guild mates are half decent players they will come. We all do it for ravens cove. What’s the big deal. Geez

We'll see.
What are you trying to prove? Just stop lol

Not saying you but the whole forums is toxic. This started as a VALID point because they put endgame content at a midgame boss where an endgame player can barely access it. Now what makes everyone oppose to this. You all sitting here like you’re about to actually do the black pearl (or whatever quest requires you to kill hex) from Level 1 to the end of the story. That ain’t it chief, there’s to many other things to get you side tracked and even if you can’t defeat general hex join a half decent guild and simply say “hey I need help defeating a boss can’t do it alone” and if your guild mates are half decent players they will come. We all do it for ravens cove. What’s the big deal. Geez
Ah, now I see your point.

Ah, now I see your point.
Good! Now we just have to get the rest of the community to understand the simplicity of the request and quit being so bull headed. The main argument would be he’ll be to hard to kill(probably caused by some not caring for the thread creator tbh). It’s a MMO with GUILDS and FRIENDS. Quit playing it like it’s like a single player game.

Good! Now we just have to get the rest of the community to understand the simplicity of the request and quit being so bull headed. The main argument would be he’ll be to hard to kill(probably caused by some not caring for the thread creator tbh). It’s a MMO with GUILDS and FRIENDS. Quit playing it like it’s like a single player game.
No, I am still against this.

No, I am still against this.
I understood your sarcasm when you typed it. Your voice has been heard. You don’t like it we and TLOPO developers do/will understand your viewpoint. Now... like I said your voice has been heard so I think it’s about time to head over to a different thread that is created by someone you do not care about and oppose, to have your voice heard. Be warned, you will probably not get anywhere there either. Authority knows how to overlook certain disturbances.
Have a wonderful evening.

Last edited:
I understood your sarcasm when you typed it. Your voice has been heard. You don’t like it we and TLOPO developers do/will understand your viewpoint. Now... like I said your voice has been heard so I think it’s about time to head over to a different thread that is created by someone you do not care about and oppose, to have your voice heard. Be warned, you will probably not get anywhere there either. Authority knows how to overlook certain disturbances.
Have a wonderful evening.
Ok, seems a bit harsh, thank you.

Sure, while beta testing, lets just change an original part of the game because something isn't as easy as is wanted and make the rest of the community have to work it out. Sounds fair.

What are you trying to prove? Just stop lol
Prove? I'm just debating a change being campaigned for that I think impacts way more of the normal players than what is suggested.
At the end of the day, it's up to the dev's. My wish is that they ignore this improvement.
GL

Back