Suggestion Fix General Hex's Level to 30

Probably need some unbiased data on why hex spawns in the range he does. If it effects too many lower pirates trying to level then I'd say don't do it.
I don't think this request for change is productive or beta testing influenced but driven by self interests of a minority and major change shouldn't be done to that end. It's not a positive change for everyone. Don't think it's about compromise as most people may not be asking for this.
Sorry, it's too special interest for me to accept it as conductive for the community at large. But that's just me.

GL
This boss drops the strongest doll in the game so people will loot at him. The problem is that this boss is extremely varying and inconsistent with his levels. I don't think moving his levels from 27-30 will affect many people aside from make it so hes red leveled to everyone.

Most fail to forget In their looting frenzy that Hex Is still part of the game and Is included In a quest requirement . Not all pirates are Maxed that need to kill him .
You also need to defeat General Darkhart, which i'd say is harder than Hex.
Also, people actually do the weapon upgrade quests?

I don't think this request for change is productive or beta testing influenced but driven by self interests of a minority and major change shouldn't be done to that end. It's not a positive change for everyone. Don't think it's about compromise as most people may not be asking for this.
Sorry, it's too special interest for me to accept it as conductive for the community at large. But that's just me.

GL

Exactly.
This is all about a pirate having "issues" with farming a lower level foe.

This boss drops the strongest doll in the game so people will loot at him. The problem is that this boss is extremely varying and inconsistent with his levels. I don't think moving his levels from 27-30 will affect many people aside from make it so hes red leveled to everyone.
Of course, the only reason people want his level raised is so that he will be a red tag for them thus making it easier for them to loot his legendary. "People want it all and they want it now!" I'm starting to feel like it would be best for the developers to release codes for every weapon in the game and then maybe we won't get all this the game is too hard nonsense. Since weapons have become so easy to get looting has become meaningless anyway, just give them all away and let us enjoy the game.

Of course, the only reason people want his level raised is so that he will be a red tag for them thus making it easier for them to loot his legendary. "People want it all and they want it now!" I'm starting to feel like it would be best for the developers to release codes for every weapon in the game and then maybe we won't get all this the game is too hard nonsense. Since weapons have become so easy to get looting has become meaningless anyway, just give them all away and let us enjoy the game.
I'd be fine if they raised Hex's HP and kept his nametags the same. This was originally about missing skull chests.

I'd be fine if they raised Hex's HP and kept his nametags the same. This was originally about missing skull chests.
? I'm under the impression that it was and is about General Hex not always being high enough level to be a red tag enemy all the time for a lvl50 player. This means that the drop rate for skull chests is lower for lvl50 players which also means this legendary is tougher to get than the others even though General Hex is a lower lvl boss. Of course you can trick the game by bringing along a low lvl alt or friend that he will drop skulls more reliably for but no, you just want it easy.

Last edited:
As in, make it so he can endure more attacks from pirates, but don’t raise the displayed value of his level. That way we can loot him with friends.

Of course, i’d prefer they just raise his level so things don’t become overcomplicated, but either solution would remedy the situation for me.

As in, make it so he can endure more attacks from pirates, but don’t raise the displayed value of his level. That way we can loot him with friends.

Of course, i’d prefer they just raise his level so things don’t become overcomplicated, but either solution would remedy the situation for me.
I fail to see any situation that would require any sort of remedy.

I fail to see any situation that would require any sort of remedy.

Well, I can’t force you to pull your fingers out of your ears. I’d just encourage you to not immediately disregard a suggestion because those gosh darned elootists are the ones who suggested it.

People never get so up in arms over suggestions to tweak SVS or sailing. It's only with loot-related issues that the same five or so people immediately show up to vehemently oppose any minor suggestion, no matter what it is.

Last edited:
Well, I can’t force you to pull your fingers out of your ears. I’d just encourage you to not immediately disregard a suggestion because those gosh darned elootists are the ones who suggested it.

People never get so up in arms over suggestions to tweak SVS or sailing. It's only with loot-related issues that the same five or so people immediately show up to vehemently oppose any minor suggestion, no matter what it is.
My hearing is actually quite good, it's my vision that is questionable... however I do think there has been lots of debate on sailing issues. Of course there are no new sailing items at all...oh wait, there is the Admiral's Broadsword, kind of an oxymoron.

Okay. Maybe I'm missing something here. What is the reason behind making him red all the time. Is there some notion that he drops better stuff if red as opposed to another color? Is it if he is red all the time, looters will spend less time grinding and can move on quicker? Does being red guarantee legendary drops? I thought I understood the request, but now I don't know the significance of the change.

Okay. Maybe I'm missing something here. What is the reason behind making him red all the time. Is there some notion that he drops better stuff if red as opposed to another color? Is it if he is red all the time, looters will spend less time grinding and can move on quicker? Does being red guarantee legendary drops? I thought I understood the request, but now I don't know the significance of the change.
Red and yellow-tagged enemies drop loot 45% of the time as opposed to green dropping 20% and gray dropping 5%. I'm not sure how much the ratio goes up for bosses but tag color matters for loot.

It's really not that hard to find people to help you kill a boss at a lower level. I had plenty of help when I was leveling, even when I did the RC quest. No offense to low level pirates, but if you really can't find help in this game, it's something you should really try to do.
Dag, it's not about finding help. It's about a minority causing a change to force me to change my ways just to conform to their special interests.
It's certainly not about the greater game NOR testing for problems. Nothing is broken, glitched or irregular needing fixed. It's purely special interests. Like wanting to pass a government bill for road repair but a handful of congressman keep adding their cities pipeline pork spending to it. Nothing to do with the roads, but they're trying to force their paid vested interests on to something no one else wants and then makes up excuses to justify it. Hopefully this request will die on the floor and never gets to committee.

It would be more understandable if there weren’t 17 other legendary to find. That’s why looters insist on them being more common.

"It's pretty frustrating that a legendary-bearing boss drops below a red-tagged level for a level 50 pirate. Looting him would be much more fun (particularly in groups) if Hex's minimum level was higher."
I'm sorry, but I don't see skulls referenced in your original post. I honestly didn't catch what apparently you assumed we knew what you were talking about. I know I went off on different angles. Actually it looks like you were answering someone instead of a question to the forum.
So, I'm sorry some of the stuff went off other ways.

Back