Suggestion Fix General Hex's Level to 30

Lost sword, Silver freeze and silver striker were removed from General Hex's drops to make Calypso's Radiance easier to find.
I see. Do you think that was temporary for the recent legendary run we had?
Why change his level if everything is easier to find and lower stuff my not come back?

I think it's time looters gave back and stopped being so needy and self centrist. Why not step out of the crowd and play the game.
Get the wither out of your eyes. Clear your lungs of lava dust. Maybe rescue the dog.
Play spot the jolly on the moon. Something, anything. The game is bigger than grinding 20 hours on one spot.
Seriously, it is.
This is off topic. ^We’re talking about hex here and how looting simply works. If there’s going to be a weapon so powerful and rare and you have to grind a sometimes GREEN enemy it becomes difficult. Those who do not know... a green enemy has a MUCH lower chances of dropping a skull. Not saying finding the top tier weapon should be easy but it should be balanced. All you can really do in end game is grind. You have 2 options, looting and ship upgrades. Not going to find a dog sitting on a lonely island. Yeah the game was intentionally made for children and yes that would be fun, as a child.

You know what? I've been here almost two years, I've seen A LOT of content put into this game to appease looting and looters.

I think it's time looters gave back and stopped being so needy and self centrist. Why not step out of the crowd and play the game.
Get the wither out of your eyes. Clear your lungs of lava dust. Maybe rescue the dog.
Play spot the jolly on the moon. Something, anything. The game is bigger than grinding 20 hours on one spot.
Seriously, it is.
Lol chill out dude. Hes just asking to change a bosses level to something it already can be to make it more consistent when you're sitting there fighting him for hours. Looters are honestly the heart and soul of this community. Even if you or I don't identify ourselves as such.

@katnypp @Kris
I'd like to reiterate that we are only requesting a level minimum that is within the existing range of levels that General Hex can already spawn at. A tweak of this nature would therefore not disrupt the questline involving him, and would make him no more challenging for lower level pirates.

All it would do is make him more tolerable to loot at for higher level pirates. There is no downside to this adjustment.

@katnypp @Kris
I'd like to reiterate that we are only requesting a level minimum that is within the existing range of levels that General Hex can already spawn at. A tweak of this nature would therefore not disrupt the questline involving him, and would make him no more challenging for lower level pirates.

All it would do is make him more tolerable to loot at for higher level pirates. There is no downside to this adjustment.
That's not true at all. What kind of rationalizing logic is that? It would immediately make Hex more difficult for numerous pirate levels just to accommodate higher level pirates who technically wouldn't even be looting hex just so he's not tedious and reward higher level pirates who probably wouldn't waste their time had he not been gifted by the dev's like he was. He wasn't worth the time when he was dropping freeze and patron. Now it's a big deal to raise his level? And I'm sure the solution would be to get friends to help. And what about the numerous people who quest alone because they choose to? They're going to now struggle because hex isn't good enough for elootists?

What part of beta testing is this demand?

Lol chill out dude. Hes just asking to change a bosses level to something it already can be to make it more consistent when you're sitting there fighting him for hours. Looters are honestly the heart and soul of this community. Even if you or I don't identify ourselves as such.
Sure, okay.
Elootists are a whopping 45% of the heart and soul of this game. The other 55% don't count.

Have a nice night Jack, I'm going to go play WOW.
take care - GL

Sure, okay.
Elootists are a whopping 45% of the heart and soul of this game. The other 55% don't count.
Whether you want to admit it or not but they are the most active members of this community and play the game the most providing the devs with feedback and criticism.

Sure, okay.

Have a nice night Jack, I'm going to go play WOW.
take care - GL
Step out of the crowd then and play the game, TLOPO

Last edited:
So basically, people are saying his level shouldn't be fixed at 30 because it limits the availability to lower level players... Then why not fix his level to 27-30, where his tag will still be red for all pirates. This way the lower levels aren't effected too much because his levels are only changed by 4 instead of 7. Compromise, folks.

ps: at his current level, he spawns from 23-30

So basically, people are saying his level shouldn't be fixed at 30 because it limits the availability to lower level players... Then why not fix his level to 27-30, where his tag will still be red for all pirates. This way the lower levels aren't effected too much because his levels are only changed by 4 instead of 7. Compromise, folks.

ps: at his current level, he spawns from 23-30
Probably need some unbiased data on why hex spawns in the range he does. If it effects too many lower pirates trying to level then I'd say don't do it.
I don't think this request for change is productive or beta testing influenced but driven by self interests of a minority and major change shouldn't be done to that end. It's not a positive change for everyone. Don't think it's about compromise as most people may not be asking for this.
Sorry, it's too special interest for me to accept it as conductive for the community at large. But that's just me.

GL

Most fail to forget In their looting frenzy that Hex Is still part of the game and Is included In a quest requirement . Not all pirates are Maxed that need to kill him .

Back