Discussion Founder Discussion Poll

How would you like Founder Status to be earned in TLOPO?

• Total voters
Question about founder status, those who don't have an alpha key (Like myself) but reserved a playtime, will we get founders status as well? Assuming that founders status will be implemented <<<<< confirmation on that pretty please......

super-sad-and-cute-cat-begging_442.jpg
None of that has been decided yet :) This was just an informal poll

The POTCO community is one that definitely stood the test of time and definitely evolved, with that Founder Status did also.

I guess when Founder Coins were first introduced they were different than how they are perceived to be now. As the game aged, Founders were pretty rare, or atleast in my case. Whenever I saw a Founder I immediately dropped what I was doing and went to greet them (like a noob xD) like they were gods. And I believe that Founders were perceived to be like gods in the game, in a certain sense. I think that everybody is getting excited because about 90% of us were not Founders and now with these emulators then we all have a equal chance or a higher chance to get Founder Status.

As for how it should be done. I don't think it should be awarded just to Alpha Players, because lets be honest 99.9% of all Alpha players got their key by sheer luck, for example I got my key from a very generous person (luck). Only the first 5 challenges really required any kind of skill. So if it was to be decided that only alpha players with a key are to get Founder Status then it would be really unfair to the others. In my honest opinion I think that as it was stated above, it should be awarded to those who play within the first week or weeks. That way, it gives everybody a fair chance of getting it, but lessening the chance of everyone running around with a Coin which really takes away the "lore" of Founders.
founder is supposed to show played the game during a certain stage, it is fair if founders get it because they had to actually be patient and wait for a key, while some got it the first day they tried, most actually had to spend time for their key and they at least deserve founders, it isnt like they get a buff or anything. Plus there will be a lot more beta testers and they can have a silver coin.

I guess I understand everyone's point. It's just, we can all say that founder status is to be perceived a certain way when in reality (and once they are divvy-out) will they? We have no guarantee that they will be (nor do we have any guarantee that they won't).

It's the element of uncertainty to which most concerns me, towards others' perception of their use/acceptance.
If it's OK, I would like to contribute one last point to this discussion because when it comes to making a BIG deal about everything - I am that person. :rolleyes: (Note: Not trying to sway anyone's minds here; just feeling compelled to say the below).

At it's core, the problem I do have with pirates being rewarded with a TLOPO founder status is just that. *This is not POTCO. Rather instead, this is TLOPO (note: I had actually tried to establish a correlation between the two in the past but, it wasn't 'heard' nor accepted). Because this is now TLOPO and not POTCO, the actual context and circumstance surrounding the two are different. This is just a fancy way to say that both developmental pursuits differ completely because for one, Disney developers are not involved towards the development of TLOPO...which is obvious.

Because each differ in this capacity (in addition to the actual 'context' which distinguishes the two), I don't necessarily feel that a TLOPO founder status can be viewed on the same level as a POTCO founder status. The reason? Because during POTCO's initial beginnings, the community itself was not so polarized nor divided. In retrospect, the community was just given breathe by Disney to where none of us were likely even familiar with one another. Because of the context and circumstance we today are witnessing via TLOPO, I just don't see how the implementation of a FOUNDER BADGE or status will ultimately be beneficial to the general community at-large when so much polarization and division pre-dates such implementation of said reward (something to which POTCO developers never had to worry about pertinent to the issue).

Thank Ye ~ ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
In all honesty, I'd have to agree with Kat. The one's I met "rarely ever seeing one that is" Were nice and helped any new players out on explaining the game, and teaching them how to use weapons properly. And how training certain passive skills could be useful. However, that was a very exclusive title given to a minority of beginning players. But I also like your idea Jzfredskin. I do think that it should be given to those who've earned it. Instead of it being given to say, someone who randomly heard of the game and made an account but just quits for no reason. There goes a founder title wasted on someone who wont play it. I played potco for nearly 3 and 1/2 years. And always wanted the title and knew many others who did. It is very exclusive and looked pretty awesome to. But however, I do think that it would be nice to have it again for certain players. Perhaps this might work. "just an idea" How about this, Alpha/Beta testers with or w/o keys can get them. But they'd have to be one's that A. Know the game well enough to be able to help others out. And B. Be someone who has been known to be helpful to the staff and other players in the past/present. Because it'd make more sense to have founders like that. The reason is when I seen a founder when I was a noob to potco, first thing I did was ask a founder about the game. They stood out among the crowd and something about it just seemed to say that they knew what they were doing. But, just an idea.

founder is supposed to show played the game during a certain stage, it is fair if founders get it because they had to actually be patient and wait for a key, while some got it the first day they tried, most actually had to spend time for their key and they at least deserve founders, it isnt like they get a buff or anything. Plus there will be a lot more beta testers and they can have a silver coin.
I love the idea! And you've definitely got a point there. I don't have a key, but I have heard it can be rather hard to get one sometimes. So I do like that, and that would work. I think that wouldn't cause any problems either. Gold could be for alpha key players, and silver for alpha/beta w/o keys. Maybe a bronze one would work for the first few to join or such. I REALLY like that idea, and it seems it would work rather well!

i have an idea....the alpha testers get the gold founder (this includes alpha key holders) then the beta testers get a piece of eight a silver coin and also the first few weeks after opening.....or if you are more piraty you could switch them as we are talking about a piece of eight :thumbsup:

i have an idea....the alpha testers get the gold founder (this includes alpha key holders) then the beta testers get a piece of eight a silver coin and also the first few weeks after opening.....or if you are more piraty you could switch them as we are talking about a piece of eight :thumbsup:

How about "pieces of whatever we happened to have in our pockets at the time"? That sounds very piratey. Haha, sorry I couldn't resist...thanks, Gibbs. I do kinda like the pieces though.

I personally think that the staff should go through suggestions and ideas as well as bug reports and suggested fixes. People who make an obvious contribution to the development of the game before it hits full release get founder tags upon full release.

I chose other because: I think players that have accumulated more than 24 hours total on their account (starting from the SvS update) until the end of Beta should be eligible to a Founder's Tag.

Anyone else agree with this?

Last edited:
Simple Yes/No/Don't Answer.

Does everyone know the option: "Alpha/beta testers - with or without keys" means that over 60k players would get a Founder's Key?

Please do not respond to this specific post that I'm writing with ANYTHING else. I'm not looking for an argument, discussion, debate. Last time it ended badly. Anyone who does try to do so will get ignored by me. I'm being dead serious.

Does everyone know the option: "Alpha/beta testers - with or without keys" means that over 60k players would get a Founder's Key?

Please do not respond to this specific post that I'm writing with ANYTHING else. I'm not looking for an argument, discussion, debate. Last time it ended badly. Anyone who does try to do so will get ignored by me. I'm being dead serious.
Yes

yes

If everyone who made an account during Alpha or Beta got a founders tag, I would bet there would be quite a few alternate accounts for sale. I'm thinking that only Alpha Key testers should get the Founders status. Beta key testers as well as keyless Alpha and Beta testers could be given prestige in another way.

Back