Discussion Founder Discussion Poll

How would you like Founder Status to be earned in TLOPO?

• Total voters
The number was 3500 tester in Phase One, March 7, 2007. Those people were offered a Certificate of Authenticity Pirate Map release date December 2007. January 20o8 beta tester had to paid for membership of $79.95 per year, I'm number 2642.

Perhaps make a Founder Status something earned, such as mastering all the skills, logging in regularly, helping the Devs with events etc. I personally loved helping the new players accumulate gold in POTCO during game events- sometimes I would make 3 runs with my galleon so they all could level cannons obtain some loot. So many that were Founders back then did nothing. A Founder status should be "special" - given to participating members that jump in and help and promote the game and make all players feel that they are part of the crew. Just my
thoughts on this discussion. <3 Pirate Life <3

Perhaps make a Founder Status something earned, such as mastering all the skills, logging in regularly, helping the Devs with events etc. I personally loved helping the new players accumulate gold in POTCO during game events- sometimes I would make 3 runs with my galleon so they all could level cannons obtain some loot. So many that were Founders back then did nothing. A Founder status should be "special" - given to participating members that jump in and help and promote the game and make all players feel that they are part of the crew. Just my
thoughts on this discussion. <3 Pirate Life <3
Unfortunately everyone has their own ideas about what constitutes a deserving Pirate and for that reason it can't be done like that. Although many think it should.

Solomon Helmfitte said:
"Founders were beta-testers or players that made their account and purchased Unlimited Access before December 2nd, 2007,[1] which is thirty two (32) days after Pirates of the Caribbean Online went live."

Katnypp said:
Founders were just players that purchased Unlimited Access before the Dec 2nd date, even beta testers had to purchase it (they gave us 1/2 off the first month so $4.99 -_- )

But more importantly we need the numbers... 5000 to 10 000 Founder Tags, a rough guess going forward, otherwise it might end up like POTCO where in a few years time you'll hardly see any Founders.

Of course this time around there is FAR MORE STICKABILITY and the numbers will hold up better but this is a FEATURE that needs to continue to be seen over the coming years for the good of the game and the community.

Welcome back Cally btw, great times ahead!:thumbsup:
:pirate ship:

Last edited:
Founders were people who showed dedication early on even if in the form of money. The details of that doesn't matter its the concept behind it that does. Which only makes logical sense that it goes to like the 50 to 60 alpha testers we had.

there was only like 50 or 60 who logged daily maybe less, it was full of crashes and it was only fishing feature. Im talking people who logged ingame not people who registered accounts

Last edited:
What if people that got founders tag are everyone who posted or voted in this thread, sort of like a medal. That would give it to only active players on the forums and game, because they would have to physically post on this thread to get the founder tag.

;) I have no doubts that whatever is decided for the Founder Status will be in the interest of the game. After listening to the stream ... it is evident this will be about playing the game and staying .. those young men are truly awesome. I am just excited to be back in the PIRATE LIFE.
POTCO was my very first mmo type game - and it was the game I enjoyed the most, just thrilled it is back!!!! ;)

I have mixed feelings about it. Most of the founders that I knew in game were courteous and respectful leaders who demonstrated how to play by exemplary conduct both in and out of the game. I knew of a few bad apples but the majority of those I knew were beyond reproach. I would love to have the gold coin but I think in reality I would feel like I did not deserve it. I think TLOPO should come up with something different, something new, something unique for those who are considered founders of the game (assuming they get any distinction at all).

Well Kat Five Knifes lets take about pirate grab from the past. But middle-eastern pirate were men only. So instead of a gold coin, a hat style, shirt color, voodoo staff, or something less noticeable. I not crazy for tattoos until the game improve. I wasn't an alpha player but, that black spot on forehead. Looked like a old electric coffee pot light

Hope the Dev's are reading these Founder posts, I really want to keep this topic going so everyone can have their say but also to push my point of view... lol:D#TheNumbers

To me having TLOPO without a whole lot of Pirates with Founders Tags would be "not the full deal" just like if we had no Pirates with GM tags.

Should we have Pirates with GM tags was also debated the other year and I'm happy we decided we should, imagine TLOPO without GM's turning up for special events or being able to stumble across them randomly in some remote corner of the Caribbean, it would be emptier.

So this topic is one of the core issues relating to the "look and feel" of the game and because of that I'm going to try and keep bringing it up:cool:
:pirate ship:

Maybe it's because people had accounts but not keys? Who knows mate. Who knows....
We already have almost 17000 users registered with over 27000 pirates made @Dreadful

I think they probably got mixed up because back in July 2016 in Alpha there were 17K with 27K Pirates... makes more sense:confused:

Which still doesn't make it easier to give out only 5000 to 10 000 Founders Tags. Maybe it will just have to be MORE, maybe anyone that was in Alpha and for Beta players some sort of total time played scheme.

Or maybe that could apply to all Alpha and Beta players ie. TLOPO could announce that you have until Sept 19th 2017 to clock up 100 hours? (or whatever) play time between Alpha and Beta or maybe just Beta if the stats aren't still there for Alpha.

They could introduce a logger that shows you your total time played, reach the requirement and you're a Founder! This way it's not down to anyone's opinion just recognition of your devotion to the opening stages and development of the game.:thumbsup:;)
:pirate ship::sunny:

Last edited:
I think they probably got mixed up because back in July 2016 in Alpha there were 17K with 27K Pirates... makes more sense:confused:

Which still doesn't make it easier to give out only 5000 to 10 000 Founders Tags! Maybe it will just have to be MORE, maybe anyone that was in Alpha and for Beta players some sort of total time played scheme.

Or maybe that could apply to all Alpha and Beta players ie. TLOPO could announce that you have until Sept 19th 2017 to clock up 100 hours? (or whatever) play time between Alpha and Beta or maybe just Beta if the stats aren't still there for Alpha.

They could introduce a logger that shows you your total time played, reach the requirement and you're a Founder! This way it's not down to anyone's opinion just recognition of your devotion to the opening stages and development of the game.:thumbsup:;)
:pirate ship::sunny:
I like this idea. Because otherwise I would never get one. lel. Do this one. :p
Note: Thanks for deleting my posts. Appreciate it. (no sarcasm)

Last edited:
I think that having it somehow related to bug reporting, to some extent, would be a good idea. That's one of the largest reasons we're all supposed to be playing at this point ;)

I do, however, think that a new version of founders tags should be made for TLOPO. I think that the gold founders tags should be reserved for staff only, since they've done so much for us to bring this game back to life.

I think that having it somehow related to bug reporting, to some extent, would be a good idea. That's one of the largest reasons we're all supposed to be playing at this point ;)

I do, however, think that a new version of founders tags should be made for TLOPO. I think that the gold founders tags should be reserved for staff only, since they've done so much for us to bring this game back to life.
well you could always have Founders(for the staff) and then maybe Alpha and Beta tags for the rest of us. Or something along those lines.

Back