Game Cards Discontinued? What does it mean?

Sucks for a lot of us who don't have/can't use credit cards. Game cards were the only way I could get UA.
There are 2 things I remain highly critical towards Disney/DIMG's view towards POTCO. One has to do with the design and marketing of the game specifically towards a limited demographic and the second has to do with the unavailability of POTCO game cards towards this demographic (i.e., children and young adults) whom they so strongly value as important to the game in the first place.
:duh:
I suspect that many UA memberships (as my own) have been lost due to the loss in supply of POTCO game cards.

Disney don't want people to give out/share info and trading old body pirates for game cards is breaking their rules because they don't want people sharing info.
Plus they got a lot calls from people that cry because they lost pirates that way so disney want billing info.

jackie-chan-meme.png
IMO, the general public should not be punished for others mistakes. If others are found to be sharing information, they should be punished as needed. Disney should not be held responsible if you lost your account, because you shared your information. I do not see the logic behind this. If anything they'll be losing players, and profit by cutting the game cards.

I went to CVS today... Found a whole stack of them...

I went to CVS and Wallgreens and found none. I'm very disappointed because I was going to start playing again.
Maybe they don't think that there are a lot of people playing anymore, I mean that would explain a reason why more that half of the servers are gone (my opinion). They could be doing a "Test" and see how many people play without the cards, then bring them back and see if the cards are even worth having in stores. Hopefully like many other people, they will bring the cards back. Otherwise it makes me think that the POTCO pirates are a dying breed.

To inform everyone, one of the 50 individuals Revive POTCO contacted was a woman whom worked for Disney Interactive whom held either a Vice President or Senior Managerial position within DIMG/Disney Interactive as their RETAIL go-person. (She was contacted by us as a direct result of the POTCO game-card issue).

This individual had all of the credentials which would have helped tremendously towards the Revive POTCO effort. However, she informed us that she was "let go" from her duties during one of the layoffs which affected DIMG during 2012/2013.

From what I can remember, this person had sufficient (retail) reach/experience during her reign with DIMG in consideration to business partnerships with companies such as Wal-Mart and Target inorder to promote the Disney brand through merchandising.

Shame... Game cards was the only chance for people abroad like me to have access to POTCO membership.
Real.. shame.
Which is contradictory, since Game Cards are a good way of promotion, and the "exportation" of these cards would expand POTCO, attract new customers and players, make it more profitable...
...which would make Disney increase the budget of the POTCO Department or whatever Disney branch handles this game, which would mean more content, more devotion to the game's developement, more quality, more fun....

This individual had all of the credentials which would have helped tremendously towards the Revive POTCO effort. However, she informed us that she was "let go" from her duties during one of the layoffs which affected DIMG during 2012/2013.
I apologize as I did some searching and the statement I made above about this individual being "let go" because of layoffs is inaccurate.:oops: It was found that the individual I mentioned no longer worked for Disney during the time we tried to contact her. Details mentioning as to why this was so, was not disclosed.

Anyway, back to the discussion...I have mentioned this before somewhere here on the forums but the last time I visited a shopping mall, I entered a GAME STOP store to look specifically for what Disney gaming cards they offered and the only thing I found was a good supply of "Club Penguin" game cards.
:facepalm:

Club Penguin and Toon Town cards are everywhere.

I have found Disney Gift Cards also. It does not say that these cards cannot be used for gaming. So, I would hope that they could be. Has anyone checked on this?

Club Penguin and Toon Town cards are everywhere.

I have found Disney Gift Cards also. It does not say that these cards cannot be used for gaming. So, I would hope that they could be. Has anyone checked on this?

I'm not sure if Disney Gift Cards are the same with Gift Subscription but that's how I got my UA. A friend gifted it to me, idk if he used Disney Gift Card or just credit card, but i think you can use both :)
Better contact potco staff though ;)

I hope they decide to bring cards back :/I'm thinking they want to find a way to force you to use the card after a certain amount of time after buying, so you do not sell it or just stash it for later..where they cannot reuse the code until you use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they decide to bring cards back :/I'm thinking they want to find a way to force you to use the card after a certain amount of time after buying, so you do not sell it or just stash it for later..where they cannot reuse the code until you use it.

Or, they have just become very very very VERY Lazy lately to generate new codes............................
Or, they have spent all the money on toontown and other mobile apps.....................
:fish:

Last edited by a moderator:
when i called them about it they said they stop the game cards because the many trades people do with game cards and pirates...
Aye. And actual comments made in consideration to (account) "trading" like this, it is no wonder then why POTCO did away with the merchandising of game cards in the way that is has. :(

~ Do players not realize that as a result of the cause of the loss of POTCO game cards, this has created a HUGE affect and reason as to why POTCO has not gained a boost in new players playing or subscribing to the game?

Ye mess with the POTCO "ecosystem" in this way (i.e., pirate/account trading), and it throws the entire game off-center from it's core. :sad1:

Or, they have just become very very very VERY Lazy lately to generate new codes............................
Or, they have spent all the money on toontown and other mobile apps.....................
:fish:

They don't have to generate new codes. Once a code is used by the player, potco can just re-use that code.

Back