Have You Ever Been On The Actual POTC "ride?"

• Thread starter Shamus The Brute
  • Start date
Not sure if anyone has noticed disney will be changing the red head scene from the ride here is the current scene
View: https://youtu.be/w8uEVkd-NTQ
thats still in disneyland they will be changng it on 4/23/18 it will be down for a few months not sure how long here is the new scene they will change it to thats currently in Disneyland paris
View: https://youtu.be/MIe-IYbxiig
I swear the woman with the gun was a real actor and I wonder why she got the zoom in. Her eyes were not like the animatronic others, neither were her head movements like every thing else. And I did read that Johnny Depp shows up sometimes and freaks people out.
Now you have me stuck in youtube la la land looking at potc vids for the next 2 hours. lol

As much as I like that they change rides from time to time, I will always remember it from when I was a youngster. I've been able to take my daughter on the ride twice now.

The first time was for her 3rd birthday - She was loving it as we floated by the Blue Bayou, but then the skull started chanting "Dead men tell no tales". That's when she noticed we were heading for the first tunnel.
She screamed, "I WANT TO GET OFF!!!" but of course we couldn't. She let out one of those ear piercing toddler screams as we went down the slide in the tunnel. I figured that after the first tunnel she'd get into the fun of the ride and the drama would be over; but I was wrong - very, very wrong. She was crying & kept saying, "Daddy pleeeaaase, I want to get off!" At this point people are turning and looking at me like I'm a monster. When the ride was finally over she was curled up in a ball, hiding her face and sobbing; people around me were staring in disgust and I'm just wondering who is going to deliver my Bad Dad of the Year trophy.

The second time on her 7th birthday was much better, we had a good laugh about the first time!

BEST ride in the whole park! The queue was always ridiculous, but you were certainly entertained through the wait. I'm technically an adult now but I still make my family go on it several times before we hit the rest of the park

One of my Fave rides! The original Disneyland ride is best imo compared to the Disney World ride. I I enjoy most of the original rides! Jungle Cruise, Haunted mansion, small world & Peter pan!!

I've been on it before they added the movie characters into it. I was mad at them about that for awhile, because Barbosa replaced a character done by one of my favorite voice actors, Paul Frees. Paul Frees, for those of you who don't know, was the voice of the Haunted Mansion's Ghost Host, Boris Badenov from the original Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons, and the original voice of Professor Ludwig von Drake, among others (if I listed all the voices he's done, we'd be here 'til next Tuesday!)

Have you EVER been on the actual Disneyland/Disneyworld :piratemickey: , "Pirates of the Caribbean," ride?

I can remember as a kid, "loving" the actual ride &, along with my cousin, would stand in line for the longest time, no matter how long it would take :)

- Sigh - "Good memories."
My favorite ride to date. Considering I live less than an hour from the Mmost Magical Place on Earth, this ride is my home away from home that isn't a house.

Not sure if anyone has noticed disney will be changing the red head scene from the ride here is the current scene
View: https://youtu.be/w8uEVkd-NTQ
thats still in disneyland they will be changng it on 4/23/18 it will be down for a few months not sure how long here is the new scene they will change it to thats currently in Disneyland paris
View: https://youtu.be/MIe-IYbxiig

aww I always liked the line about the red head it made my family and I laugh bc my aunts a red head and someone actually had the audacity to ask her that in casual conversation lol

yes! but that was several years ago! it was fun, i love that kind of stuff. i also went on the back to the future one right after, i don't know why i distinctly remember that

Back