How My Reponse To The Update Fiasco Was Handled By Disney

Its manly for me they keep disipointing me a few moths ago I had my fav sward the bloodfire brodsward one day I got on and it was gone Iemailed disney and they said oh we are sorry we had a glitch with the compuder we will not be able to reture your items this has happend a few times to me all I get back it a compuder responce this was the last straw they took away my EL patron's lost sward my all time fav and my only legandary sward so for me it is just a matter of they keep doing this if this was the first time I would look over it. Any ways I hope all you guys get your wepons back.

Didn't you read Misty's post? No one will get anything back that they lost in this update
ADMIN GM CAYMEN TRENCH

admin_logo.gif

In Regards to Recovering Individual Items:
Items such as Weapons, Clothing, Tattoos or Jewelry purchased or looted between February 7, 2011 to February 12, 2011 have been lost. All items will need to be plundered again. The rate of loot drops currently remains unchanged. Any gold spent during this timeframe has also been reset to the balance your Pirate had as of February 7, 2011, 6 AM (PST). Under this unique circumstance however, items cannot and will not be replaced unfortunately.
Please continue checking the Current News in the coming weeks for announcements regarding additional "make goods". Once again, we do sincerely apologize for this unfortunate situation. We remain loyal to helping Pirates during this time.

The ____________is mine.

******************************************************************************************

It sounds to me like they have plans to compensate us more than just the 7 days. Isn't that what they are saying? Additional "make goods" in coming weeks means, well, we will just have to wait and see. But, I don't think you will be getting back your individual items lost!

Maybe if people just send in their ideas of what they think fair compensation would be the crew of Disney will listen to fair and reasonable requests. Forget the individual items you lost...they are gone. Just my thoughts.

Pirates complaining about having to repeat things..... How many of us have mastered a pirate and made another? Mastered that one and made another?? You are repeating it over and over. Yet Potco bugs out a few days and the whole world comes crashing down. I'M SO CONFUSED!!

It's not a matter of the rep, that's fairly easily gained back, but still takes time. Weapons drops and items purchased, though, are a different story. If you had something that you had just bought at the store, or worked really hard at earning, and it was suddenly gone with no guarantee that you could ever get it again, wouldn't you be upset?

It's not a matter of the rep, that's fairly easily gained back, but still takes time. Weapons drops and items purchased, though, are a different story. If you had something that you had just bought at the store, or worked really hard at earning, and it was suddenly gone with no guarantee that you could ever get it again, wouldn't you be upset?
No. I know that things are repeated over again eventually. How many "silver freeze" blades did anyone get once Foulberto started loot drops?? I only wanted one but at one time I had 5. Losing something that may or may not show back up is all part of the game. Problem is, too many of us forget it's only a game.

i think your opption is commendable Charlotte like a code sent by e-mail, one for clothes weapons and gold, although i would suggest to disney make the clothes rare and the wepons random famed and above i think that would be a reasonable exchange for time lost and items lost....
confused.png

No. I know that things are repeated over again eventually. How many "silver freeze" blades did anyone get once Foulberto started loot drops?? I only wanted one but at one time I had 5. Losing something that may or may not show back up is all part of the game. Problem is, too many of us forget it's only a game.

I've actually been working Foulberto and the Cave since it opened, and have only looted Silver Freeze once. So maybe your luck is better than most, but unfortunately, not everyone has the same luck. Could you show a little compassion for people like my daughter, who is SEVEN, and doesn't understand how she could work so hard only to have a common repeater pistol taken away? To HER, that is HUGE! Those of us who have progressed quickly, we often take for granted the little things like that. It IS only a game, one that mostly KIDS play, and THAT'S what we need to remember. If it was your child, would you feel differently? No one is EVER guaranteed the same loot again, no matter HOW long they play. So though she may have been rewarded with something common to some of us, to her it was GRAND. I don't like seeing my daughter disappointed, and unfortunately, telling her it's "just a game" doesn't cut it when you're seven. Don't we teach our children that if you work hard and earn something, that it's special? I don't care if it's Common, Rare, Famed, or Legendary, to my kids it's LEGENDARY no matter what it is. IMHO

Hey, cmon, guys, let's look on the bright side of things. It benefited some of us, including me, I got a famed blunderbuss from Devil Root a day afterward. And as for those who lost stuff, you might just find something better. For instance, Francis, you lost El Patron but maybe you'll get the blade of the abyss. As for Charlotte's daughter, she lost a common repeater but maybe she'll get a rare repeater with infinite bane shot like mine. I mean, yes it stinks, but try to be a little courteous to them. I mean, they do go through a lot to deliver this game to us.

I lost rare weapons, rare cloths, valentine and christmas cloths. Also I leveled up things and they are back to low level. And it's hard to level when you are basic access.

" It IS only a game, one that mostly KIDS play, "(quoting) Has there been a poll on this?? And by who's definition? I'm a kid at heart!! :)

Hey, cmon, guys, let's look on the bright side of things. It benefited some of us, including me, I got a famed blunderbuss from Devil Root a day afterward. And as for those who lost stuff, you might just find something better. For instance, Francis, you lost El Patron but maybe you'll get the blade of the abyss. As for Charlotte's daughter, she lost a common repeater but maybe she'll get a rare repeater with infinite bane shot like mine. I mean, yes it stinks, but try to be a little courteous to them. I mean, they do go through a lot to deliver this game to us.
That is true but very unlikely I would rather have both I mean you can have more that one leg sward right?

I'm just curious to see how many of us have been denied a response to the Blog Update about all the issues this past week.

I wrote this and tried to submit it to Pirates as a response to the Blog about the updates:

Charlotte Heartcastle:
Next time, as a mother AND a player, I would much rather have an outage for a few days while you fix your errors, than see my seven year old daughter cry because of the money she spent on clothes, only to lose the money AND the clothes. Not all was reset properly. She now has no gold, no clothing to show for it, and is beside herself trying to earn it all over again. Not to mention that she maxed her fishing, and now has to redo that, as well. Shame on Disney for thinking that trying to fix the site properly can be done while trying to keep the site up and running. If your computer fails, does the repairman say, "Well you can keep using it while I repair it, but if I can't repair it while you're using it, I'll need to reset it back to the original settings"? No, you shut the computer down, send it for repairs, and when the repairs are complete and done correctly, THEN you get it back. I am saddened by Disney's concerns more for monetary gain, than real fixes to errors created. I'm sure that your financial department didn't have any problems processing NEW accounts or renewals this week, and had the site had been closed, that may have given consumers cause for concern and they might have not purchased a new account or renewed until the site was operating properly. I, along with many others I have spoken to, would have gladly accepted an explanation of all that was going on, and simply not played during the repairs, than continue to play sporadically, make progress, only to lose that progress and items that we may never be able to gain again (yes I looted legendary daggers over the weekend and they are now gone). While an extra week added to our paid account is appreciated, it is merely token. I would think that each account that was active at the time of the crash would be better served by giving them a gift to redeem by code, something to offset all the experience, money, and notoriety lost. A new sword or outfit, SOMETHING to say, "We really messed this up and we're sorry". I hope that by this experience Disney's POTCO can learn from their mistakes. Unfortunately, I fear it will all fall on deaf ears. Sincerely, Rita Broderick, Outside Phoenix, AZ

HOWEVER, when I submitted it, THIS was the response I got:

The Crew @ Pirates Online:
Your comment was marked as spam and will not be displayed.

Nice, huh?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WOW. that's what you got back? wow... that's sad. all of that typing, and thought for one sentence that is saying you're typing spam. that's sad, really. doubt they even read it.

They reset it TWICE last night... Disney is having some real problems. :eek:

yea well im willing to bet money that they will reset it again! so i say just dont pay i mean they didnt give us anything this reset so if they dont do someting i want an increased drop rate dont pay disney if ur reading this i want an increased drop rate them and demand something in return drop rate

Back