Question How to deal With someone that stealing your farming zone and rep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm missing something. I don't see how anyone can steal your rep. You hit a enemy you get some rep whether you continue to hit and kill it or someone else pops up and finishes it off. The probability of you getting decent loot doesn't seem to be related to the number of times you hit the enemy. Last night I took up a spot in RC with the 4 ghosts to just level and loot... The number of skull chests that popped up didn't seem to change from when I was there solo or when as many as 5 other pirates showed up and also started looting and leveling. So sorry I don't see any issue here. Now at one point one pirate was asked to use a lower gun because he was killing the ghosts so fast that no one else was able to get a hit in - and he did. Now he didn't have to and if he didn't it wouldn't have been the end of the world... Certainly wouldn't have caused me to come complain about him on a forum.

If you feel someone is stealing rep from you then maybe you don't really understand the game.
Stealing Reputation (NOT LOOT, if you read.) can be done by doing more damage to an enemy, thus making him drop less exp.

Exp gain is determined by attacks done to any enemy, hence why people use stink pots to level grenades. (They do the least damage, and ergo, net you the most exp.) BUT if somebody comes and kills the enemies, you both get less Exp. All the way down to only 20% of the original amount. (Tested with a group while grinding in Cursed Caverns. Normally dropped 100 exp, then lowered to 20 with a group attacking the enemies.Not counting crew bonus.)

I hope this helped.

Unfortunately, there's nothing about "invading a claimed spot" that is against the rules. However if you say they're making fun of you and you're not exaggerating report them for rude or mean behavior and let the mods take care of it. The best options you have are ask them to leave or move to another server. It's not worth your time to try nd blow up every enemy with grenades before the other person can hit them.

Stealing Reputation (NOT LOOT, if you read.) can be done by doing more damage to an enemy, thus making him drop less exp.

Exp gain is determined by attacks done to any enemy, hence why people use stink pots to level grenades. (They do the least damage, and ergo, net you the most exp.) BUT if somebody comes and kills the enemies, you both get less Exp. All the way down to only 20% of the original amount. (Tested with a group while grinding in Cursed Caverns. Normally dropped 100 exp, then lowered to 20 with a group attacking the enemies.Not counting crew bonus.)

I hope this helped.
Yes I know if I'm slowly killing a enemy with a low attack and someone pops up and take him out with one big attack that I'll get less rep than I would have if I had finished him off slowly.. but I don't see that as the other pirate stealing any rep from me. Every hit I make on a enemy gives me some potential rep when and if the enemy dies. So unless someone can show me the algorithm which shows how the rep counter is getting rep points taken away from it then I don't see the stealing, at best it might become a nuisance. If you read the whole thread you've got some people thinking that their loot is someone being impacted and I really don't see the loot being impacted at all. In fact you can use a swarm of pirates popping up to your spot to your advantage by simply attuning to them with your doll and continually healing them whether they need healing or not, You'll then get the loot of anyone they kill and have to do nothing more than set back and heal. It is also an easy way to level up your doll quickly so why get bent out of shape for it.

Yes I know if I'm slowly killing a enemy with a low attack and someone pops up and take him out with one big attack that I'll get less rep than I would have if I had finished him off slowly.. but I don't see that as the other pirate stealing any rep from me. Every hit I make on a enemy gives me some potential rep when and if the enemy dies. So unless someone can show me the algorithm which shows how the rep counter is getting rep points taken away from it then I don't see the stealing, at best it might become a nuisance. If you read the whole thread you've got some people thinking that their loot is someone being impacted and I really don't see the loot being impacted at all. In fact you can use a swarm of pirates popping up to your spot to your advantage by simply attuning to them with your doll and continually healing them whether they need healing or not, You'll then get the loot of anyone they kill and have to do nothing more than set back and heal. It is also an easy way to level up your doll quickly so why get bent out of shape for it.
It's considered "stealing" due to said person preventing you from getting full rep.

Imagine it like this. You're given a cookie and halfway through eating it, somebody snatches it. Then probably tells you to go to a different store (spot) and that this one is his. And if you don't, he keeps eating your cookie halves.

It's considered "stealing" due to said person preventing you from getting full rep.

Imagine it like this. You're given a cookie and halfway through eating it, somebody snatches it. Then probably tells you to go to a different store (spot) and that this one is his. And if you don't, he keeps eating your cookie halves.
If I paid for the cookie it would be stealing... Neither I nor anyone else is paying to play pirates, it is more like walking on the beach. I can walk on the beach and enjoy it and if someone else decides to walk on the beach too then they are free to do it. I don't own the beach anymore than I own a spot in pirates.

As I stated if you can show me the algorithm that proves that rep I've built up from my hits on an enemy get reduce when someone else hits the enemy then I'll agree it is stealing but you haven't done that only suggested it may happen. To me it still isn't stealing, it might be rude but then the whole game is based on being a pirate... so being rude is really staying in character now isn't it?

If I paid for the cookie it would be stealing... Neither I nor anyone else is paying to play pirates, it is more like walking on the beach. I can walk on the beach and enjoy it and if someone else decides to walk on the beach too then they are free to do it. I don't own the beach anymore than I own a spot in pirates.

As I stated if you can show me the algorithm that proves that rep I've built up from my hits on an enemy get reduce when someone else hits the enemy then I'll agree it is stealing but you haven't done that only suggested it may happen. To me it still isn't stealing, it might be rude but then the whole game is based on being a pirate... so being rude is really staying in character now isn't it?
Two things. One, you're right. The cookie thing was dumb.

So imgaine it like you have a spot on the beach. Then some guy just steals your spot on the beach.

Anyways, I don't got an algorithm for it, but I do got math knowledge. And I know if it takes more hits to get more exp, and some guy kills the enemy at half health with one hit, it'll end up giving less exp.

Yes, also I would like to add right now all servers are full with players because of RC ( Raven's cove ) quest is online and the Cursed blades are in game and it is almost impossible to find a place to loot in Tormenta or RC and that's really frustrating!!

that's why sometimes I'm playing when the servers are empty to test my luck BUT seriously this PROBLEM have to be Fixed!!!

Because I don't like someone to steal my hard work to farm for something good.

The servers have increased activity but the issue is that people concentrate on just a few looting spots (such as the Idol and the gold room). There are plenty of other locations to loot. Many people find that they are just as successful running around shooting one enemy at a time as they go. If you like killing more than one at a time, the trio between the gold room and the bridge are often open and is a good loot spot. I've never had problems finding a place to loot.

Two things. One, you're right. The cookie thing was dumb.

So imgaine it like you have a spot on the beach. Then some guy just steals your spot on the beach.

Anyways, I don't got an algorithm for it, but I do got math knowledge. And I know if it takes more hits to get more exp, and some guy kills the enemy at half health with one hit, it'll end up giving less exp.
That is true if you generally took 10 hits to kill an enemy and got 50 experience points for killing him off and someone pops up and kills him after you've only hit him 2 times then of course you get fewer experience points... but that doesn't mean you had any stolen from you. In that example you only hit him 2 times not the normal 10 so of course you got fewer points. That isn't just math that's common sense.

Maybe you should get a friend and go do an experiment find a enemy you can kill slowly and count the number of times it takes you to kill it, track that with you being the sole attacker and then do it with your friend taking over with the same type of weapon when you've gotten in half the hits on it. Have him do it with a bigger one shot weapon and see what happens to your points... Do that for a statistically relevant data set and report back. But remember you have to keep track of the level of pirates and your own level too... You might get close to figuring out the algorithm used in the game... Otherwise you are really just guessing and your guess is biased by your belief that this action is stealing.

The longer it takes you to kill an enemy the more rep you get, so in fact they are "stealing rep". I agree it is very annoying, I dont like looting with strangers for a couple of reasons 1) There seems to be a glitch inwhich if more then two is there (I have been dbl log and ik i hit on both) I dont seem to be able to get the loot. 2) They dont care if you get to hit or not, therefore again, you miss out on loot. 3) Alot are childish and get mad if you dont want to friend them, or they get creepy (like wanting to date you, saying love you and stuff x.x). Reason 3 is the main reason, I dont friend most people in the game. Yes it is an mmo, but I play with my real life friends, boyfriend, and my cousin. It is our way to play a game together.

I do feel it is a problem, and wish something can be implimented to keep these rude type of people discouraged in doing that. Maybe more servers, or area lock option? Just an idea, not sure how doable those would be.

That is true if you generally took 10 hits to kill an enemy and got 50 experience points for killing him off and someone pops up and kills him after you've only hit him 2 times then of course you get fewer experience points... but that doesn't mean you had any stolen from you. In that example you only hit him 2 times not the normal 10 so of course you got fewer points. That isn't just math that's common sense.

Maybe you should get a friend and go do an experiment find a enemy you can kill slowly and count the number of times it takes you to kill it, track that with you being the sole attacker and then do it with your friend taking over with the same type of weapon when you've gotten in half the hits on it. Have him do it with a bigger one shot weapon and see what happens to your points... Do that for a statistically relevant data set and report back. But remember you have to keep track of the level of pirates and your own level too... You might get close to figuring out the algorithm used in the game... Otherwise you are really just guessing and your guess is biased by your belief that this action is stealing.
It's stealing by preventing you from getting the full amount.
Other than that, idk how it's stealing either.

The servers have increased activity but the issue is that people concentrate on just a few looting spots (such as the Idol and the gold room). There are plenty of other locations to loot. Many people find that they are just as successful running around shooting one enemy at a time as they go. If you like killing more than one at a time, the trio between the gold room and the bridge are often open and is a good loot spot. I've never had problems finding a place to loot.
Very true. There are several spots where you can actually get decent enemies on a never ending basis besides RC or the gold room. It isn't like the other spots are hard to get to than RC. Frankly I can get to most of the other spots quicker than RC to begin with.

I just hop servers until I find a server with an empty farming spot.

TIP: On the bridge the other day, I got 3 famed- 2 cursed, one normal, and another the next day. I've gotten more famed at the bridge than I have in gold room.
^
I lost my spot now, for saying that, but I like to share. Within reason!

This is one reason the Rude report was Implemented by Disney but since that has been removed ... I guess TLOPO Condones it !! lol

Stealing implies taking something you own. Hate to break it to you all, but you don't own Gold Room, reguardless of when you get there, and you also don't own the enemies positioned there. Also, if you have such a problem with them taking up rep, just crew them, that's why crewing exists.

Can someone look through the TOS and tell me if it states people can claim certain zones as their own? Your ship is the only aspect of this game where you can control who can be there. Rep stealing isn't a thing, I'm sorry but the only rep you are entitled to is proportionate to the number of hits on the target. The rep the other person receives wasn't yours. They did the hits so it is their rep! Is that hard to understand? There are pretty much only a few options in this type of situation. Either one of the parties finds a different ocean or crew up and work together. And, the less friendly option is competition like in this case. The only stealing that irritates me in the gaming world would be tagging enemies. That is not a problem on this game and even so that is not something that can be dealt with by moderation.

This is one reason the Rude report was Implemented by Disney but since that has been removed ... I guess TLOPO Condones it !! lol

To take Moderation action against somebody solely for them "taking your looting spot" would be absolutely over the top. We don't condone behavior that violates the Terms of Service but "taking" a loot spot isn't a violation of the Terms. As Stormtimbers said, every spot in the game is fair game. It'd be nice if people asked however, if they don't, it isn't against the rules. Rude Behavior is extremely subjective and "the button" wasn't always used correctly because what someone views as "rude" does not break our Terms. In this case, somebody reporting somebody for "Rude Behavior" because they stole their loot spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back