Question How to deal With someone that stealing your farming zone and rep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, guys Unfortunately REP stealing is something well known in TLOPO but it seams nobody do anything to Stop that for happening!

Unfortunately this happened again!
2 members from Guild Privateer come and started to make fun on us also to steal REP.

this is not only Childish but annoying and rude if you farm for hours for Cursed Blades.

So my question is HOW to Deal with players who STEAL REP and ruin your hard work?
after all we all play this game we are Community all Together.

Suggestions are WELCOME!!

PS: Moderators: I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, feel free to move this thread to an appropriate location.
Bud, sounds like you need to do a couple of things.

1. Redefine your internal definition of Rep Stealing, as what they did was perfectly fine.

2. Grow up.

3. Don't use the forums as a means to gang up against a person or group of persons.

Personally, I’ve never understood the preoccupation with “rep stealing.” If one or more pirates contribute along with yourself in defeating an enemy, the enemy spawns at a faster rate than defeating solo. You still get your rep in, with the added bonus of more loot drops.

No one owns any location on the map. It's a public place. If you are dissatisfied with the fact that there is someone else there, whether they came before or after you did, you can either find a way to deal with it or find a different spot yourself.
This is gold!!!

Just ignore them they'll most likely leave since they just want attention, also you don't own a certain area it's available to everyone so they have as much of a right to be there gaining rep as you do

Then fix the loot glitch so no matter how many is there, all get loot when they hit. Then maybe people wont object as much to rude people just randomly joining.

For me, I see it as an act of respect. If I see someone looting at south idol or gold room, I don't interrupt them. I go to a different server.

I know I have no right to expect this from anyone, but I always hope people will also respect that if someone is there first either ask to join them, or go to a different server.

I don't always see this occur, so I ask them to loot somewhere else (I don't mean to sound rude if I do) and if they don't listen to me, I leave or deal with it.

Then again, there none of this matters. It's just a game after all. :p

Hey, I'm sorry for the late reply but outside the game of course we are all busy but let me continue with this:
and clear this out:

• Thank you for the Comments They are very helpful also a few random comments that I prefer to not reply because it will get ugly...
but I'm not going to stress myself because of a few players that think they are doing the right thing and ruin my farming or levelling up but Instead gonna Listen NIGHTCORE™ and forget what happened other day.

like @Kat Five Knives said there are other places in the game for farming or levelling up without to be stressed up.
so I don't believe this is a problem in the game but in the players that think they do the right thing to steal Reputation to kill everything with grenades to ruin the fun to the others.

I'm only Disappointed that I can't help this to STOP and everybody to play the game without somebody to ruin it....
because the REALITY outside is much more Cruel but this is just a GAME a 3D world multiplayer worldwide that helping us to escape that reality for a little bit to forget all of the problems outside....

• This Thread will be open 1 more day to see if anybody else would like to comment and it will be close by a Moderator permanently.

Last edited:
The servers have increased activity but the issue is that people concentrate on just a few looting spots (such as the Idol and the gold room). There are plenty of other locations to loot. Many people find that they are just as successful running around shooting one enemy at a time as they go. If you like killing more than one at a time, the trio between the gold room and the bridge are often open and is a good loot spot. I've never had problems finding a place to loot.

this is true but Still is hard to loot when someone runs around and kills everything lol.

but I'm not going to stress myself because of a few players that think they are doing the right thing and ruin my farming or levelling up but Instead gonna Listen NIGHTCORE™ and forget what happened other day.

Hey, there this is a good plan just ignore them and play the game :seesaw::rocker:
also if the matters go worse I'm sure TLOPO team can help you.

Regards - J.S.D

You Know the only people who can claim anything in this game is the dev's they brought this GAME back for all the people who love it including me we do not pay for anything so like Teague said it would be nice if they ask first but no worries if they don't. Just have fun remember this if TLOPO did not bring the game back we would not have this game anymore just try and get along i know not everybody can but we are all testers here work as a team not against each other ......... Tracker

You Know the only people who can claim anything in this game is the dev's they brought this GAME back for all the people who love it including me we do not pay for anything so like Teague said it would be nice if they ask first but no worries if they don't. Just have fun remember this if TLOPO did not bring the game back we would not have this game anymore just try and get along i know not everybody can but we are all testers here work as a team not against each other ......... Tracker

This is very well said Tracker but really I don't think everybody share that idea.

It's abusrd you call it yours to begin with, what gives you the right to own an area to begin with? the zone is everyone's and not yours. get real

Last edited:
The longer it takes you to kill an enemy the more rep you get, so in fact they are "stealing rep". I agree it is very annoying, I dont like looting with strangers for a couple of reasons 1) There seems to be a glitch inwhich if more then two is there (I have been dbl log and ik i hit on both) I dont seem to be able to get the loot. 2) They dont care if you get to hit or not, therefore again, you miss out on loot. 3) Alot are childish and get mad if you dont want to friend them, or they get creepy (like wanting to date you, saying love you and stuff x.x). Reason 3 is the main reason, I dont friend most people in the game. Yes it is an mmo, but I play with my real life friends, boyfriend, and my cousin. It is our way to play a game together.

I do feel it is a problem, and wish something can be implimented to keep these rude type of people discouraged in doing that. Maybe more servers, or area lock option? Just an idea, not sure how doable those would be.
Stealing is taking something that belongs to you. The ability to hit a ghost isn't something that belongs to you therefore it cannot be stealing. If the game were set up so that a pirate could kill another pirate and take some of their gold or items then you could say someone stole from you. This is not stealing it is at most rude. As for unwanted attention, I've been
Is it absurd to steal the area of someone that is farming or levelling up?
Put logic on this.

and btw the term ''get your head out of your pants'' is offensive..

Not sure if you are a troll or just very dense... But I'll try one more time to explain it to you.

You don't own any spot on the server, you are a guest. As for your continued "farming" claim, what do you think you are farming? Are you planting seeds to create enemies to defeat? No, the servers are going to spawn enemies as soon as someone be it you or anyone else kills the enemy. And even if you still believe you are somehow seeding enemies by killing the existing ones, what do you think would happen if you decided to plant a wheat field on public land? Do you think the that anyone else that trampled on it or took from it was stealing your wheat? Remember it was public land so you never owned the land it was growing from. Certainly the law wouldn't allow you to file charges against the other person that harvested wheat you never owned, nor could you sue for damages.

As for leveling up it has been stated time and time again. You level up based on the times you hit an enemy whether you kill the enemy or not you will get exp when that enemy dies. Using your how do you know you aren't stealing from the other players that might have logged onto the server first? Maybe they were going to the spot you are in, so when they get there and you don't leave you are stealing from them, ever think about that? Or do you believe it is just a matter of who got there first, in which case the same applies to any enemy killed who killed it first.

Maybe in the end it is really just a matter of you not being fast enough on the mouse button.

Stealing is taking something that belongs to you. The ability to hit a ghost isn't something that belongs to you therefore it cannot be stealing. If the game were set up so that a pirate could kill another pirate and take some of their gold or items then you could say someone stole from you. This is not stealing it is at most rude. As for unwanted attention, I've been

Not sure if you are a troll or just very dense... But I'll try one more time to explain it to you.

You don't own any spot on the server, you are a guest. As for your continued "farming" claim, what do you think you are farming? Are you planting seeds to create enemies to defeat? No, the servers are going to spawn enemies as soon as someone be it you or anyone else kills the enemy. And even if you still believe you are somehow seeding enemies by killing the existing ones, what do you think would happen if you decided to plant a wheat field on public land? Do you think the that anyone else that trampled on it or took from it was stealing your wheat? Remember it was public land so you never owned the land it was growing from. Certainly the law wouldn't allow you to file charges against the other person that harvested wheat you never owned, nor could you sue for damages.

As for leveling up it has been stated time and time again. You level up based on the times you hit an enemy whether you kill the enemy or not you will get exp when that enemy dies. Using your how do you know you aren't stealing from the other players that might have logged onto the server first? Maybe they were going to the spot you are in, so when they get there and you don't leave you are stealing from them, ever think about that? Or do you believe it is just a matter of who got there first, in which case the same applies to any enemy killed who killed it first.

Maybe in the end it is really just a matter of you not being fast enough on the mouse button.

I don't know about Trolls but I'm sure you Don't understand what I mean.
and funny you should mentioned trolls because I do see random comment from people that really Don't know what they doing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back