Important Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pirates, please remember...

We all may have our differences. Sometimes in life it may seem as though when somebody does something opposite of you, that they are essentially your enemy. I ask that you see through this.

I understand that at the current time Davy and Treasurer are having a dispute, and that is understandable. But we, as fellow pirates, must not let this disagreement turn in to something that will shatter the bonds that we have worked so long to develop between us.

Often it is the case that the bad is remembered more than the good, and we as pirates always like to rally behind a point and defend it to the death. But I ask that at this moment you lower your cutlasses, and instead, try to prevent yourselves from bickering amongst one another, or essentially "choosing a side." You are allowed to have your own opinions on this matter, but remember that no matter what we are all still pirates, part of the same universal community - and, I'm confident that if we let Davy and Treasurer sort this out amongst themselves, things will go much smoother.

I just want to clear my statements up.

I'm not taking sides either. I simply wanted to point out a few facts. 1. Treasurer and Davy begain a forum together where Tresurer bought a domain name and Davy developed the content. 2. Websites many times change domain names where the content continues as it had before and nothing has changed. 3. I joined this FORUM and did not join a domain name. I am not stating here that I am on one side. I am simply stating that no matter the domain name, I joined a forum to be in a POTCO community. The community happened to change their domain name. The content is the same and I did not lose anything. I still have all of my info.

Now, by me stating these things, I hope that some of you realize that a name is a name and nothing more. A family is what is important. My pirate community family is here. I may be a member of other forums, but I do not spend time there. I am here with my family. These technicalities of a name change is just that. Was the content lost? Did you lose your profile stuff, your friends lists? The answer to both is no.

Lets let the pieces fall where they may as someone else has already stated (sorry I forgot who) and continue to bring people to this forum and to our beloved game.

I just want to clear my statements up.

I'm not taking sides either. I simply wanted to point out a few facts. 1. Treasurer and Davy begain a forum together where Tresurer bought a domain name and Davy developed the content. 2. Websites many times change domain names where the content continues as it had before and nothing has changed. 3. I joined this FORUM and did not join a domain name. I am not stating here that I am on one side. I am simply stating that no matter the domain name, I joined a forum to be in a POTCO community. The community happened to change their domain name. The content is the same and I did not lose anything. I still have all of my info.

Now, by me stating these things, I hope that some of you realize that a name is a name and nothing more. A family is what is important. My pirate community family is here. I may be a member of other forums, but I do not spend time there. I am here with my family. These technicalities of a name change is just that. Was the content lost? Did you lose your profile stuff, your friends lists? The answer to both is no.

Lets let the pieces fall where they may as someone else has already stated (sorry I forgot who) and continue to bring people to this forum and to our beloved game.

Yet the domain name was changed to block someone out.. A founder and the first investor.. That I don't think is right... Thats me though. Thats what i am going on right now. Do I think they could be big boys and figure it out? Yes. Do I wish they would? Yes. Am I taking sides? No. I have offered help and mine and my community's membership on both sites.

Well, I don't have a problem with a new potco fansite. More power to you.

But that the fact that it has almost the same exact look as ours, and the same exact URL (besides the m), really turns me the wrong way.

The least T could've done is changed the look of the forums. Not do a complete copy. I thought he was against drama, but now, well, the person who's against it always starts it.

But then he makes FAKE excuses to make it seem like we're the copy cats...

Well, I don't have a problem with a new potco fansite. More power to you.

But that the fact that it has almost the same exact look as ours, and the same exact URL (besides the m), really turns me the wrong way.

The least T could've done is changed the look of the forums. Not do a complete copy. I thought he was against drama, but now, well, the person who's against it always starts it.

But then he makes FAKE excuses to make it seem like we're the copy cats...
I am with John. Treasurer is doing this to get back at someone if he wasn't then why copy there whole format?

i would just like to state this ( ill probably get flamed for this im sure ) but if im not mistaken didnt davy do most of the coding and come up with most of the ideas for the websight, also if i may point out treasurer stopped using this forums ( im not sure how long i think about a month or two ) while davy stayed and worked on it so imo i believe that davy had every right to move the sight into his owner ship under a new domain name sense treasurer stopped using it.

He tricked us!:sad1:
indeed..... :(

i got online this morning and logged onto the .com and i was all like.. gosh darn i have to resign up and all cuz it said all the members got erased ( :confused: weird ) but then... i remebered the .co and i was like.. ooooh so what just happened ????

so there were no erased members, cuz it was a diff site.... therefor pretty much anyone who saw Treasurer's post was lied to.

i would just like to state this ( ill probably get flamed for this im sure ) but if im not mistaken didnt davy do most of the coding and come up with most of the ideas for the websight, also if i may point out treasurer stopped using this forums ( im not sure how long i think about a month or two ) while davy stayed and worked on it so imo i believe that davy had every right to move the sight into his owner ship under a new domain name sense treasurer stopped using it.
:iagree: for sure

You are not going to get flamed, because you are correct. However, T seemed to still regularly come on. He has 2 accounts.

indeed..... :(

i got online this morning and logged onto the .com and i was all like.. gosh darn i have to resign up and all cuz it said all the members got erased ( :confused: weird ) but then... i remebered the .co and i was like.. ooooh so what just happened ????

so there were no erased members, cuz it was a diff site.... therefor pretty much anyone who saw Treasurer's post was lied to.
I saw it last night when TWO NOT ONE BUT TWO of my forums friends come running to me and asking if I saw that the forums got restarted

When I went on fairly late last night, I saw the website; but it didn't have any design yet. I was wondering if the site was under heavy maintenance. When I looked again I saw Treasurer's post saying that it was starting over and if you were previously registered you have to re-register- so I did. I was extremely confused. Then after talking to a friend who was automatically redirected here(I wasn't), I found this site again. I wouldn't have otherwise. His post on the other site could be very confusing and misleading to people who had no other knowledge of what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back