Important Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, listen, lets put this in some terms

1.)Davy changed the name to .co 2.)T was paying for that domain name so he used it....

Make sense??!!?!

When I went on fairly late last night, I saw the website; but it didn't have any design yet. I was wondering if the site was under heavy maintenance. When I looked again I saw Treasurer's post saying that it was starting over and if you were previously registered you have to re-register- so I did. I was extremely confused. Then after talking to a friend who was automatically redirected here(I wasn't), I found this site again. I wouldn't have otherwise. His post on the other site could be very confusing and misleading to people who had no other knowledge of what happened.
I WAS THAT FRIEND :D

Well, Davy did do most of the work on this site and the content belongs to him, Treasurer owned the address.
It was a partnership. Treasurer rightly owns piratesforums.co and Davy - Piratesforums.co.
I am wondering why everyone is going on & on & on; back & forth & back & forth about who was in the wrong. Both men owned something that had to do with the old site. That is that. It is what it is.

I respect both Davy and Treasurer. This is between them, not us. Lets not let their dispute interfer with our good time on the Forums, and I hope no one "Takes a side".

Well, Davy did do most of the work on this site and the content belongs to him, Treasurer owned the address.
It was a partnership. Treasurer rightly owns piratesforums.co and Davy - Piratesforums.co.
I am wondering why everyone is going on & on & on; back & forth & back & forth about who was in the wrong. Both men owned something that had to do with the old site. That is that. It is what it is.

I respect both Davy and Treasurer. This is between them, not us. Lets not let their dispute interfer with our good time on the Forums, and I hope no one "Takes a side".
everyone should listen to this post. no need for extra drama

Closing this for just a bit while I catch up. I'll reopen it when I'm done.

To repeat what I've said elsewhere, I do not want people to feel forced to take sides. There are two sides to every story and I encourage everyone to hear not only my side, but Treasurer's as well, and make up their own mind.

On that note, maybe Miss Anne said it best. To quote, if I may:
I won't ever know what really happened so i'm going to make the best of it.

Tresurer bought the domain name and Davy created the content.

Like I said before, domain names change all the time. The content goes with the developer, and from what I understand, the developer was Davy.
I really do appreciate your support but would like to correct a point, if I may. I've developed and put a lot of blood sweat and tears into the site, but I can't take credit for the content. That comes from the members, and I value the contributions everyone has made in that area greatly.

If some game company changed companies I would be extremely angry if they kept my account and still took money from me. I would want to sign up again. With new companies come new leadership and rule. Same with here. As this hasn't turned out as anything bad with my account I am not very angry yet. I do feel as though my account was stolen and placed somewhere I didn't give access. I signed up with piratesforums .com not piratesforums.co
This comes down to opinion really, but from the technical side, a more appropriate analogy:

If you go down to McDonalds and buy yourself a Big Mac, and then a week later you return looking for another only to find the McDonalds has been replaced with a Burger King, who did you give money to last week?

This is still McDonalds. There is no new company or ownership, we've just moved locations.

Yet the domain name was changed to block someone out.. A founder and the first investor.. That I don't think is right... Thats me though. Thats what i am going on right now. Do I think they could be big boys and figure it out? Yes. Do I wish they would? Yes. Am I taking sides? No. I have offered help and mine and my community's membership on both sites.
A lot of posts here Tom ;)
I hope you don't feel offended by any disagreements I have, but I'm just commenting on what I'm reading. I know you have stated you are neutral and I appreciate that.

There's an awful lot of assumptions I'm hearing from a lot of people, all of which, paraphrasing Anne, will never truly understand all that has happened. It is taking everything I've got not to post finance stats, but this has nothing to do with money. I'm not trying to run a smear campaign against T, all I will say is the fact he was the first investor is an assumption, and that a very very large majority of this site is and always was funded by me, myself, and I.

The thread is open to questions again. I encourage everyone who hasn't already to read through my past few catch-up posts.

I am also sorry if any of my replies seem offensive to the people that posted their questions/comments, I am just trying to clear up any confusion I see.

The thread is open to questions again. I encourage everyone who hasn't already to read through my past few catch-up posts.

I am also sorry if any of my replies seem offensive to the people that posted their questions/comments, I am just trying to clear up any confusion I see.
I still think it's quite unfair Treasurer is still using your layout and stuff. I've noticed your loyal forumites (hehe :p) are going over to him. Tom O'Fury sold out and became a forum mod with Treasurer. It's fine, but overtime, more people might be selling out for an easy staff spot with Treasurer's forum. I just wish Treasurer hadn't done this. Maybe he did this because he felt he hadn't gotten enough credit for his work when you and him were working on the .com together?

I still think it's quite unfair Treasurer is still using your layout and stuff. I've noticed your loyal forumites (hehe :p) are going over to him. Tom O'Fury sold out and became a forum mod with Treasurer. It's fine, but overtime, more people might be selling out for an easy staff spot with Treasurer's forum. I just wish Treasurer hadn't done this. Maybe he did this because he felt he hadn't gotten enough credit for his work when you and him were working on the .com together?
I COMPLETELY DISAGREE, if u read a lot of posts up davy said he DOESNT want anyone to choose sides thats why i'm joining both

@Richard, maybe, I'm not entirely sure. I am hesitant to say Tom "sold out" (though I'll say I acknowledge that Treasurer has been bribing people with staff positions to join him). Tom has said he will help either of us in any way he can, and I respect that.

Nate's right too though. I don't want to make anyone nervous or uncomfortable here, you're all free to do as you wish.

Davy, you're doing a great job of answering all the questions everyone has. Thanks. I appreciate your insight into what has taken place. :drink:

Tom stated that he cares about the Community; I completely respect him for joining T's forums as a mod. Tom seems to be one of the only people here who sees this as solely between Davy and Treasurer, and I think it's admirable that he tries to appease both sides to remind us that Davy's and Treasurer's goal is the same: Give the community a forum site to enjoy. Treasurer, although layout may be similar, is doing it for the reason of the community (if not them, who else?), and Tom is willing to step in, take some fire, and serve the community.

Well done Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back