Important Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings Mates… rough seas at the moment.. but I’m sure all will calm down and plundering will ensue shortly. I come on my own accord… I come briefly, not at the capacity of the Castle Owner or the Disney Pirates Online mysteriously connected person but simply as myself, representing none other than myself. There is a thing to share regarding ol Achilles.. but that will transpire next week my friends.

I am here for this important matter.
(lol, no, I am in no way shape or form in dispute with any of my Admins/Mods at the Castle, every one of them are just awesome)

So.. with that said…. I’d like to say from me personally….

The Castle that is in Ally with your leadership here has received nothing but mature professional cooperation from Davy, Captain Star and Johnny Mak.
As having a few Joint administrative meetings with the leadership here, I vouch for the statement (which ever side is stating, hopefully both) that a mutual ownership perspective had existed but Davy was clearly having some persona of lead within the group.

But… if a Captain abandons their ship it falls ownership to the remaining Crew overseeing it.. first Mate receives top position. Now, in this day and age… domain ownership isn’t as simple and remains to it’s original procurer unless handed over as well. Davy, Captain Star and Johnny clearly appeared to be running things for some time Gang.
Friends, a Castle is nothing.. it is the people who make it alive. The Community…

Captain Star and Johnny Mak have been mature, professional and very amicable, as well as Davy. As Davy seems to be on the hot seat, I’d like to formally stand with Davy here for several reasons…

Davy was in my Test Guild many moons ago.. He was always courteous, pleasant to have around and had always shown good nature.. the kind of Pirate you’d want in yer crew savvy? We go way back gang….
The lad is worth his salt.
The demeanor and forthright actions and even amicable verbal comments in dealing with his opponent in this temporary quandary shows why I think highly of Davy.

Davy… may you and all here fare well, I raise me mug to you my friend!
-your old friend, Achilles!

We've been hit hard...
hithard.png

But together, we can fight it off, and get better. We can get back to the way the old forums was!
gettingwell.png

Have we really? I don't see why anything needs to change, much less have things catch fire and be torn apart (as displayed in your picture, which by the way, I like). This was all definitely unexpected, but it won't become uncontrollable and terrible unless we allow it to be.

well let's have a look see, i am a true neutral as in i know both pirates in question. ( T and D as they are being called now ) i will say this, i joined cuz we were slighted by another web site for our hard work and devotion to what we were doing...so T and D offered this incredible easy to use forums that the whole community can be involved not just a Spania guild site but a site for all pirates to come and join and be apart of. I will support you both Davy and i am sorry to see you leave in this fashion ( as in the guild :sad1:) as i for one understand the undertaking you have put on yourself to make this site work. and i know i am not the greatest pirate here nor the most savvy one either but i can undersatnd when two parties need to take a break regroup and need to talk. that is my opinion about this. you two guys created an amazing place for pirates to come to the table and talk for real not just on as a pirate in a video game and for that i applaud the two of you and i am keeping my fingers crossed that someday and agreement can be made..( please don't un player friend me also cuz i would really be sad it has always been fun playing with ya Davy :D and for my last question??? Will you remain as GM of the Test Spania or are you going to drop it??

Found the 'T and D' comment amusing.

I will certainly not be removing anybody from my friends list. I have yet to find the time to log on to test, but I will be transferring GM to Treasurer and dropping it as well.

I'm about to head out for the night, I'm incredibly tired.

I ask everyone to just continue using the forums as usual, as that is the quickest way to help us recover from this mess. Thanks guys.

I started this community, and the only reason is has turned apart is because Davy has decided to. Stared with the help of Davy of course.

He did it without saying a single word to me and that contributed to all this. Had that had not happen
the community would be as always. I has signaled that I wan willing to come back to work just 2 weeks, ago and all this caught me by superpose when he decided to part ways.

Here is my full story,

and I want to remind everyone that many things said here is just bashing. I a the same treasurer everyone has always respected and loved, with the exception of the new people who don't know me very well.

If our legal terms here at this site are at any point valid, everything here users, data, content belongs to piratesforums.co. Davy had privilege access to this data, and he transferred over to this domain, that in validity of terms is illegal.

I am not coming here to argue, or bash anyone, just the simply truth. If I know there could be many arguments against the above but the truth remain, not to me personally, but to piratesforums.co.

I restored our community because I wasn't about to let die. That is really what's happening here. Davy moved out and it stopps been what it has been all along, and he can claim full ownership once is out, that is the real issue here.

That said here is the story of all this time, and I am not making anything up. Sure I am skipping alot of stuff but just don't want to write a book here.

also to me, these people taking sides are nothing but bias.

Well this site was started by myself almost a year ago, and Davy Darkrage was one of our officers that was doing a very good job at the moment in our guild, at the same time he happened to be knowledgeable about technical stuff, so I had a vision of creating a community where all pirates could benefit without being influenced by bias, or leaning toward certain group, like many I felt personally were. At that time we had a guild site called SpaniaGuild.org which I ran myself for over a year, the site was very successful but I was ready to make the next step which wasn't focused only in our guild anymore, but in the whole community. I layout the Idea to Davy, Davy at the moment was expecting that we would create a forum just for our guild. I said, this is my vision I would like a forum where everyone can act freely as long they were respectful without the extra bureaucracy many sites had to date. Davy didn't sound very convinced, but I insisted with the idea, and drew a map of the forums categories, similar to what we see today among our categories. Davy had a cloud on web hosting, but by that time I had already thought of the name and even I had already bought it. Even without solid word from davy, but once we were set, Davy said "I will be working on this the next few days", but when he said that I had already gotten started creating all the categories and reaching out to pirates. In a week or so we already had 75 members , then at that moment davy started working on the layout design which is similar to what we have today. Our community continued to grow and turned out just I like had once imagined. That is why I felt strongly about having a say on the direction the community was going, because from time to time things get sidetracked.

So far davy had been not only a great person to have around but also very helpful and he started focusing on doing things, such the the pirates profiles, and the albums that were known around here. By the end of the year, things had changed, davy was not the same. We would hardly communicate, and I knew this was happening, I tried to be pro active and try to see if he could be the same again, but instead there were small arguments here and there, but the communication was not improving.

To me personalty I kept myself fresh with the original ideas, but davy perhaps worked too much or was too stressed. One day We had an argument because he had implement new rules that would affect everyone, and that day I was a little off I guess, and I talked to davy with a little rhetoric about the new rules, and he resigned pirates forums, perhaps he was a little too stress. My intention was to cause that kind of action, so I apologized, and convinced him to stay.

Within a week or so, he had said he would think about it, and and I was then thankful that he had agreed to stay, but in exchange due to the whole situations there were discussions that we would change things, and that there would be more communication, and he introduced a massive page of new regulations and rules on the forums, we got carried away because at that moment all I was thinking is, he is stays that's fine, we can deal with it. But within these rules were things that explicitly would change everything for me on the forums, for example until that day I was in charge of the promotions, and other things that that it was excursively my duty, these rules would change everything about what I did, so I felt systematically pushed out by the new rules, so I was a very concerned about this, and I talked to davy and there was no reasoning. The communication got worse and there was no reasoning to my requests or even considerations. He had talked to me a little rudely that time and I felt there was no communication , nor respect any longer, and yet I had been pushed out with the new rules, there was no alternative for me but to resign. So I resigned just like davy had done before. Then a couple weeks ago from now, I sent davy a proposal, that would make some changes or rules, just like the type of rules he had introduced when he had resigned, but two weeks later, (Yesterday) I find out that davy has moved out from our site, taking with him all our users, posts, and content, everything we worked so hard for, just two week after I had indicated that there I had some sort of plan to come back. To me this was mind blowing, and I was not gonna let our community here die out, because moving out of here means, that the ownership of the site was all his, but it was not very clear to me why he would do that without telling a word about it. It was a big surprise. So I stood up and and got a hang on our community here. This is like a house, but once you take the people and the future it would be a abandoned house, this isn't why I worked so hard. So I stand today, and ask for support from all members to keep our community going, because one way our another this community will live. At this point I am not sure what is in Davy's mind so If i didn't mention something he feels or the like, I just don't know about it.

I hope this clears up all the miss understanding why our members are gone and the like.

Feel free to ask questions

but i can undersatnd when two parties need to take a break regroup and need to talk. that is my opinion about this. you two guys created an amazing place for pirates to come to the table and talk for real

Negotiation, you mean? I think Davy has shown us the quality of communication that would lead to very good negotiation, if that ever happens, don't you all think? Level headed and friendly, courteous and sensible. But if any mean of communication fails, the only one left is action. That's the logical thing to do.

Very good, Treasurer ... as we all could read on the other website that you have started. And you picked the 'perfect' time as well, as Davy has headed out for the night and will not see this until tomorrow. I can make comment though, NOT every one that you stated was true. I was there, all along.

Though I find it completely unfair that my side isn't posted alongside his on his community, I will leave Treasurer's post here, because I have nothing to hide.

I will not respond to Treasurer's post directly, because this thread isn't here for the forums to watch him and myself argue. If anybody has questions feel free to ask. I politely ask that Treasurer refrain from replying here, and instead do a Q&A through his own medium if he wishes, off of this forum.

I encourage everyone to read these 2 posts:
https://piratesforums.co/posts/79746/
https://piratesforums.co/posts/79751/

and again to remember the fastest way to recovery is to continue using the forums like you would any other day.

I also would like to announce my intention to close this thread for good tonight. After that you are free to send me further questions via conversation, but it's getting about time to move on.

Thread re-opened for questions.

as not having a clue before this all went down, johnny maks' post was a real eye opener. as always good job johnny. i agree that captain star and j mak do an outstanding job and i am so very glad to hear they have a real voice in what happens here. it seems treasurers' site is doing well and will live. that makes me happy. i was here from the very start and know carlos/T had the idea, davy had the skills. carlos/T had the juice to bring the people in and davy did most of the work. worked like a charm. now it's over and that's that. sounds like mak and star had a vote in the deal, witch puts davy even higher on my respect list. carlos/T is my GM and has done great things with his guild and has my respect. i will support his forum as well. a big YO to all my friends and guildies nomatter what forums your on.:flag:

I will not take sides since I don't know T or Davy that well so I will be a part of both sites. I will be loyal to both. I think that the best way for us to continue on as usual is to support both of them. Which is Why I am keeping my account here and my account there. This forum is my home and I would never leave.

As questions and chaos have slowed down, I am closing this thread for good tonight. Anyone is free to address further questions to me in a personal conversation: https://piratesforums.co/conversations/add?to=Davy Darkrage

I have exhausted all I can say on the matter, and as I've said above, the quickest way to recovery is for everyone to keep using the forums as they did 2 days ago. The first post will be updated with FAQ shortly.

I can't thank everyone enough for their support, and I offer my sincere apologies that all of this happened how it did. It is time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back