Announcement International Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I enjoyed most in POTCO was being with my friends. It didnt matter if we were raiding in the caves or plundering on the high seas. And some of the most entertaining nights were Dread Poet's story nights. I'm so looking forward to those nights to once again come to our Caribbean in TLOPO!

My favorite memory from TLOPO testing... I'm already laughing... when I pulled out my doll and the whole crew was kicked off the server! That was FUNNY! I did it a second time just to make sure that is what caused it, and enjoyed it more the second time. :p
LOL I had forgotten about you and your killer dolly, that was a fun day!

Just looked that one up (happened in February), it was a ONE LETTER fix in the code so it didn't crash anymore and all worked properly. Just goes to show how even the slightest coding error can lead to disastrous results.
:blowup:

My favorite memories from Potco would have to be when the ravens cove update came out that had to the best update to the game discovering a new island was so fun and doing the rage ghost for the first time I've never laugh so hard from dying

To celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate day,
the Forums are rolling out a new medal system.
What we are asking each of you to do to help us,
is to post your favorite memory as a pirate,

whether it be with POTCO or TLOPO.
For each of you that posts a memory,

you will receive your first medal.
View attachment 71385

A special thank you to @Irene for designing our first medal!!

psst.... This medal won't last forever!!
Hurry and post your memory by midnight EDT on 9/23/2016

Hmm... I would say sailing once again in TLOPO's Alpha, it brought back many memories of plundering and also helped me to get used to the geographical map of the Caribbean of POTCO once again.

To celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate day,
the Forums are rolling out a new medal system.
What we are asking each of you to do to help us,
is to post your favorite memory as a pirate,

whether it be with POTCO or TLOPO.
For each of you that posts a memory,

you will receive your first medal.
View attachment 71385

A special thank you to @Irene for designing our first medal!!

psst.... This medal won't last forever!!
Hurry and post your memory by midnight EDT on 9/23/2016

The time I sold my Lost Sword of El Patron for 2000 gold like an idiot

My favorite POTCO memories were Jolly Roger's invasions and going on loot runs plundering ships with a crew.
I enjoyed making potions and fishing in TLOPO because I never put much thought into it in POTCO.

POTCO let me meet people of all ages from across the country and around the world with a common interest - sailing and plundering. Age, race, religion, gender, nationality etc made no difference. If only the real world could be so. In some cases these friendships have continued to this day! (cyberly speaking). It is an experience I treasure to this day.

pirates2.jpg pirates2.jpg
pirates2.jpg

My favorite memory in POTCO was the roleplay. I'd dress up in EITC garb, which at the time would be Barbossa Gear, Admiral's Hat, etc., and we'd stand in glare lines on Tortuga. There were also times when we would SvS against the Spanish roleplay guilds.

I know it may not be real fancy, but I've been through a lot since the game closed, I mean A LOT. So it's hard for me to remember a lot of stuff.

But I would have to say that my favorite moment in POTCO was the first day of existence for my guild, FIRESTORM. There were like 23 members on all at once, it was so epic and awesome!

My best memory was developing an avitar and seeing her get her frigate! We sail again! I have loved this game from beginning to new beginning!!! I met a lot of great people playing this game... some I am still in touch with today... great just great.. makes me happy!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking back, I remember I did a lot of things on POTCO. Honestly I didn't get to enjoy the full game because I would do the same thing over and over again. But it wasn't so boring after all. The thing I loved most doing was actually hunting that boss skeleton boss which you had to go to padres del fuego to get to. Interestingly enough I enjoyed just looting its chest with my friends whilst having a chat on skype and so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back