Discussion Is combining Raven's Cove Quest and Black Pearl Quest really a good idea?

Combine Ravens and Black Pearl?

• Yes

Votes: 27 22.1%
  • No

Votes: 95 77.9%

• Total voters
At the current state of the Black Pearl Story Quest... No. The quest is long, tedious, and boring. I've always completed it but its a utter drag to complete. "Go here, come back, go back to that place." Its a long unneeded goose hunt.

However, if they shortened it and made it more like the Raven's Cove Story Quest I'd see this as a possibility and even a logical thing to do. I've seen them wanting to bring more story into the game and have it be a continuous story-line with separate chapters. Much like was originally planned for POTCO. And it makes sense to complete one chapter before another. Does it make sense to have the first chapter be the most boring, long, and tedious chapter of all of them? No. It makes the rest of the game look bad to new players and is a turn off for actually progressing.

At the current state of the Black Pearl Story Quest... No. The quest is long, tedious, and boring. I've always completed it but its a utter drag to complete. "Go here, come back, go back to that place." Its a long unneeded goose hunt.

However, if they shortened it and made it more like the Raven's Cove Story Quest I'd see this as a possibility and even a logical thing to do. I've seen them wanting to bring more story into the game and have it be a continuous story-line with separate chapters. Much like was originally planned for POTCO. And it makes sense to complete one chapter before another. Does it make sense to have the first chapter be the most boring, long, and tedious chapter of all of them? No. It makes the rest of the game look bad to new players and is a turn off for actually progressing.
Well said Bart.

Although i still dont like the idea of combining the quests.

For anyone confused with what is being discussed:

There has been a rumor concerning Black Pearl and Ravens Cove Quest. The rumor is : you MUST complete the Black Pearl Quest (on EVERY pirate) in order to unlock the Ravens Cove Quest.

Unlike POTCO where each was seperate, and Ravens five unlocked at level 30.

Now, my opinion. Ravens Cove unlocks a lot more potential in the game looting wise. Black Pearl, the only reward is a sailing skill for the most part. I believe they should be kept how POTCO was, and continue new stories after that.

I had 4 Mastered Pirates in POTCO, and now one in TLOPO, and I have NEVER gotten past 15% for the Pearl Quest. Questing is not fun, enjoyable, or much rewarding . The only quests I do are weapon unlocks, teleportation, and Ravens Cove, and jewelry/tattoos if I'm feeling wiggy. Since my journal is full I'm forced to do quests I don't want to do, and it is quite aggrivating.

POTCO was good at allowing freedom. To do quests you wanted on your own time. And each quest had a reward. If this rumor proves true, you will technically (from my POV) Be completing 2 quests for one reward that will actually alter your game playb(cursed weapons)

There has been a rumor concerning Black Pearl and Ravens Cove Quest. The rumor is : you MUST complete the Black Pearl Quest (on EVERY pirate) in order to unlock the Ravens Cove Quest.

Now, my opinion. Ravens Cove unlocks a lot more potential in the game looting wise. Black Pearl, the only reward is a sailing skill for the most part. I believe they should be kept how POTCO was, and continue new stories after that.

I had 4 Mastered Pirates in POTCO, and now one in TLOPO, and I have NEVER gotten past 15% for the Pearl Quest. Questing is not fun, enjoyable, or much rewarding . The only quests I do are weapon unlocks, teleportation, and Ravens Cove, and jewelry/tattoos if I'm feeling wiggy. Since my journal is full I'm forced to do quests I don't want to do, and it is quite aggrivating.

POTCO was good at allowing freedom. To do quests you wanted on your own time. And each quest had a reward. If this rumor proves true, you will technically (from my POV) Be completing 2 quests for one reward that will actually alter your game playb(cursed weapons)

Well said. I'd rather spend my time looting, sailing/plundering, and leveling my weapons than doing repetitive quests. There are SOME quests that are worth the time as you said, i.e; Raven's Cove, teleport quests, a few of the tattoo/jewelry quests... and that's really it.

Honestly they should leave it up to the players whether or not to do the Black Pearl, instead of forcing everyone to do it just for Raven's Cove.

I would also like to add, this is supposedly for each pirate on your account. We have 6 slots. So those that like making alternate pirates, this task will essentially have to be completed 6 times.... Minimum it would be nice once o'er account for the Black Pearl Quest
Not even sure how completing it on all your pirates would be programmed; from a technical point of view, it'd be easier to just throw it in after a pirate completes the BP quest, not that I'm advocating for it.

I have no idea what y'all are talking about, but if there's anything I can be doing that isn't the Black Pearl quests I'm there. So much grind.

I personally think we should have them separate, since it worked out so well like that in POTCO.
"If it's not broke don't fix it" (Bert Lance).
I think it's a good thing.

1. This encourages players to actually play the main story and finish it, there were players who never completed the main story because of it's length and, yes I also feel that it is very long and grindy, but it definitely should be completed before being allowed to continue the story.

2. Ravens Cove is a chapter 2 quest and it only makes sense for chapter 1, the Black Pearl quest, to be completed before allowing players to complete chapter 2.

I have had my disagreeances in the past with certain things but this is one thing I can personally agree on.

Not from what I have heard, but I have heard it is not confirmed yet. I think its something they are considering and I want them to see the players perspective on it.

It's been confirmed on Developer Stream #8, and now here too ;)

I had 4 pirates in POTCO and never completed it it wasn't worth it to me.

Guess it'll be worth it now ;)

All in all, you'll find the black pearl much less annoying to do when you have a clear goal at the end to look forward to. By the time you complete it, you should be around the level for Raven's Cove anyway, so it shouldn't matter too much. If you're already higher level than that... then even better! The quest shouldn't take much time at all as a high level.

I would also like to add, this is supposedly for each pirate on your account. We have 6 slots. So those that like making alternate pirates, this task will essentially have to be completed 6 times.... Minimum it would be nice once o'er account for the Black Pearl Quest

This is a good suggestion, we'll be sure to keep it in mind, thank you.

----

One thing you must all remember is, as Navi said, the Raven's Cove quest is Chapter 2 of the storyline according to the original game. It makes no sense to be able to just start that without even finishing the first chapter. This was how it should have been ideally done in the first place, so it's just a logical fix to the original. You guys will have plenty motivation to complete the quest with the promise of Cursed Weapons at the end of it, so don't fret too much! Motivation is a powerful factor here ;)

One thing you must all remember is, as Navi said, the Raven's Cove quest is Chapter 2 of the storyline according to the original game. It makes no sense to be able to just start that without even finishing the first chapter. This was how it should have been ideally done in the first place, so it's just a logical fix to the original. You guys will have plenty motivation to complete the quest with the promise of Cursed Weapons at the end of it, so don't fret too much! Motivation is a powerful factor here ;)
It doesn't change the fact that the Black Pearl Story Quest is an absolute bore and makes the first impressions of a extremely tedious and boring game. (I know because I've completed it 4 times.) Are changes going to be made to perhaps shorten the unneededly long and painful scavenger hunt that is the Black Pearl Story quest? And/or make it more interesting and dynamic such as the Ravens Cove storyline, and your future storyline for Isla Escondida is and will be? If not... Its a bad decision to have such a quest be a requirement to get to actual interesting storyline.

The first step to selling anything is to have a good first impression and the Black Pearl Story Quest leaves much to be desired.

Plus, you can tell Disney rushed this game and especially its story. The game just stops being interesting after the initial tutorial quests, until you get to the Black Pearl Treasure map battle and Raven's Cove Quest. Maybe re-imagining what Disney developers originally planned would be a good idea to do. ESPECIALLY if you want it to be a requirement to get through.

Last edited:
It doesn't change the fact that the Black Pearl Story Quest is an absolute bore and makes the first impressions of a extremely tedious and boring game. (I know because I've completed it 4 times.) Are changes going to be made to perhaps shorten the unneededly long and painful scavenger hunt that is the Black Pearl Story quest? And/or make it more interesting and dynamic such as the Ravens Cove storyline, and your future storyline for Isla Escondida is and will be? If not... Its a bad decision to have such a quest be a requirement to get to actual interesting storyline.

The first step to selling anything is to have a good first impression and the Black Pearl Story Quest leaves much to be desired.

Plus, you can tell Disney rushed this game and especially its story. The game just stops being interesting after the initial tutorial quests, until you get to the Black Pearl Treasure map battle and Raven's Cove Quest. Maybe re-imagining what Disney developers originally planned would be a good idea to do. ESPECIALLY if you want it to be a requirement to get through.

Unfortunately I can't answer this question, but I do ask that you guys please trust us ;)

I believe the black pearl and the raven's cove quests are two seperate chapters in your pirate's life also I think disney wanted to make a book so you could view your accomplishments and I hated the black pearl quest because you pretty much have to help ncps to get them on your crew but they never help you with the black pearl battle it also happened with the raven's cove quest where you help people and they don't help you defeat el patron

Back