Isla Escondida

I feel like this is going to be a decently sized island, considering the fact that it has a cave and what looks to also be a fort. That, and the 3rd picture seems to be a way to get from one side of the island to the other :) I'm looking forward to learning more about that fort.. but I'm looking forward to learning about those ships even more. That sloop being so close to land has to mean something. Maybe it's an instanced island, and for that reason they brought back the method of ship launch from way back when... now I'm just lying to myself lol

Isla Escondida was made completely from scratch by our content developers. It was not in Disney's files.
WOW! That's amazing, I didn't realise. It's easy to imagine new enemies then : )

I hope the crew take on my suggestion about having more hidden locations/entrances like the Cave Of Lost Souls, it's really exciting discovering something like that, especially when you haven't even heard about it.:D
:pirate ship:

Just as the TLOPO team say their aim is to make it the way it used to be, before they add anything new, they add a sneaky island! Me gusta!

If anyone has seen the Beta Trailer, you might have noticed a few locations that are unfamiliar. They are part of Isla Escondida, which can be translated to Hidden Island. Here are a few screenshots from the video.

Does anyone want to speculate on what they think this island will be used for? I'm really excited to see it added to the game someday!
Just noticed the shipwright in that last photo. Must mean it's a pretty important island rather than just a Driftwood-ish place. Also resembles the Spanish and French islands, so maybe a navy/EITC SVS team?

Just noticed the shipwright in that last photo. Must mean it's a pretty important island rather than just a Driftwood-ish place. Also resembles the Spanish and French islands, so maybe a navy/EITC SVS team?
There's also a gypsy wagon, which makes me think it will be a main island.

If they do plan on making it a main island, though, they might have to change the name. Isla Escondida is a mouthful to say every time you want to mention it lol

Another thing that i just noticed:

nother observation.png

That looks to be a light sloop on the left, I'm unsure if it's the same one from the 4th screen shot.

All I know is that I'm definitely over analyzing this :p dang hype is getting to me

If they do plan on making it a main island, though, they might have to change the name. Isla Escondida is a mouthful to say every time you want to mention it lol
I'm guessing that everyone will just start referring to it as "Esc" or something like that lol (assuming that the white list allows it).

If anyone hasn't seen, the third developer update has more information about how Isla Escondida was created! You can check it out here: https://piratesforums.co/threads/developer-update-3.14353/

tlopo-new-island-escon-1.jpg

tlopo-new-island-escon-2.jpg

https://piratesforums.co/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Ftlopo.com%2Fstatic%2Fimg%2Fposts%2F11-11-2016-dev-update-escondida_2mf9Jqq_752x400.jpg&hash=9e90e732059fed29a0b250262933cd7a

I really like how they used lots of objects to add more detail to the islands. Looks good! :D

Back