Isla Escondida

It definitely looks like it'll be a bigger island, probably similar to the other main islands. I'm mostly excited to see if there will be new types of enemies to fight and lots of dungeons to explore! :)

It definitely looks like it'll be a bigger island, probably similar to the other main islands. I'm mostly excited to see if there will be new types of enemies to fight and lots of dungeons to explore! :)
They stated that there will be new enemies and a new story line :)

I wonder what level the enemies will be... If they're high level I guess I'll just have to avoid the area until I get a higher level... But I won't be able to withhold myself from visiting!

This won't be an isle where me ship mates maroon me steal me ship (I know I've sunk me ship from time to time) and leave me with only one round in me pistol ¿¿¿

So the real question is where the island is located on the map. I've compared the POTCO map to an 18th Century map of the Caribbean and more or less mapped out where every island in the game would hypothetically be in real life. I've gotta know where Isla Escondida is located now.

So the real question is where the island is located on the map. I've compared the POTCO map to an 18th Century map of the Caribbean and more or less mapped out where every island in the game would hypothetically be in real life. I've gotta know where Isla Escondida is located now.
It's not on the map, it's hidden! ;) lol jk I have no idea

You know, the fact that these guys actually created a new, original island is just really admirable, and I'll tell you why.

Disney had planned to create Jolly Roger's Island after the Raven's Cove story quest, but decided to scrap it because it was "too expensive" to create and instead came out with the ship customization update instead. Not saying that ship customization is bad, because it was really great, but the fact that these guys over at TLOPO went and did what Disney pretty much failed to do, and did it for free, is just...man, y'all have my respect.

Since theres a brand new island being implemented into the game, witch is simply amazing considering all the work they still need to do for the rest of the game. (some people were saying it would never happen :razz:.) So of course with an entire new area to explore, what will come with it? I assume it will have some quest line involved with it, but what else? any plans for unique new enemy types , weapons, or clothing?

What do you think there will be?

I think a lot of pretty area. I think the island will probably be very screenshot-friendly. This is all based off those few clips I saw but there seems to be a strong emphasis on scenery and green. :)

I am all for new islands. New bosses, new quests, new loot, new adventures. Can't wait to re familiarise myself with old terrain first of course.

A new island with a fort and bonfires, it looks exciting. As I have mentioned before, I truly hope that we get to explore and find new things to achieve at the conclusion of leveling our toons/weapons/sailing etc. End game content is really important imo. So excited for the new island.

I wonder if that bonfire will only be lit during special events? Kinda like the Founder's Feast bonfire on Tortuga (or the one in the banner image :p )

Since theres a brand new island being implemented into the game, witch is simply amazing considering all the work they still need to do for the rest of the game. (some people were saying it would never happen :razz:.) So of course with an entire new area to explore, what will come with it? I assume it will have some quest line involved with it, but what else? any plans for unique new enemy types , weapons, or clothing?

What do you think there will be?
I've heard (if I'm remembering correctly) that there will be a new quest line for this island, as well as new enemies

Edit: Adding quote for context, thread merge kinda scrambled the conversation

Last edited:
Very cool island! Maybe it will be used as a social hub? Games, Taverns, side quests to kill a certain boss with 3+ players? They could add a section, or several caves, to the island with mobs then at the end a big and powerful boss!

Pretty hyped for the storyline on this island, maybe new NPC's and enemies would be insane

Back