Isla Escondida

The video is amazing, wow! Talk about hype! Can't wait to see this island! Will we be fighting sea creatures before we can port there??! And then fight our way on the island from the current residents?? They look like pirates like us, not EITC/Navy or undead. Interesting......

it looks like Escondida may be located behind PDF?

IMG_3128.PNG
IMG_3127.PNG
If I am reading the map and photos correctly, it looks like Escondida is behind it.

Edit: I may be wrong and that is just PR, but based off the angle at the beginning, that is the front of PDF and there is an island behind it which isn't the case at the moment.

Hmm.. based on the teaser released, my guess would be it has something to do with the Navy. Perhaps they are transporting exclusive cargo there that could lead to new weapons being released? Maybe there will be a new quest line with that island?

Escondida translates to hidden, so perhaps the navy are hiding something there that they don't want us to know about? The options are limitless.

This is the response from star:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 10.53.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 10.53.22 AM.png
    203.8 KB · Views: 148
To be honest the video really looked way to cartooney to me. It kinda scared me that the devs might change the graphics or the view (first person).

To be honest the video really looked way to cartooney to me. It kinda scared me that the devs might change the graphics or the view (first person).

Aye, the video said (in the description, I believe) that the cinematic video was made in a separate engine separate from the game. They will not be changing the graphics :)

it looks like Escondida may be located behind PDF?

View attachment 79875
View attachment 79876
If I am reading the map and photos correctly, it looks like Escondida is behind it.

Edit: I may be wrong and that is just PR, but based off the angle at the beginning, that is the front of PDF and there is an island behind it which isn't the case at the moment.

Im 90% sure that's Port Royal. Yes the islands appear to be in the wrong direction, kingshead and cutthroat are next to Port Royal in that picture. Not sure why they did that, maybe just to show off the navy ship in the front of Padres or maybe overall presentation?

Last edited:
Just an animation :)
True of course.

Aye, the video said (in the description, I believe) that the cinematic video was made in a separate engine separate from the game. They will not be changing the graphics :)
Few...

Im 90% sure that's Port Royal. Yes the islands appear to be in the wrong direction, kingshead and cutthroat are next to Port Royal in that picture. Not sure why they did that, maybe just to show off the navy ship in the front of Padres or maybe overall presentation?

I know we know a bit more about Isla Escondida now, but a lot of it is still secret. I'm bumping this to hope we get more theories

I know we know a bit more about Isla Escondida now, but a lot of it is still secret. I'm bumping this to hope we get more theories
After watching the most recent teaser maybe we are hiding in a crate and hoping to get shipped off onto the new island?

After watching the most recent teaser maybe we are hiding in a crate and hoping to get shipped off onto the new island?

Doesn't sound like a bad thought at all.

My thoughts are that we wake up there after being KO or unconscious or something like that, then the bounty hunter knocks us out again? Just a guess. Very excited for whenever this island is released and we get to do the storyline for it :)

Doesn't sound like a bad thought at all.

My thoughts are that we wake up there after being KO or unconscious or something like that, then the bounty hunter knocks us out again? Just a guess. Very excited for whenever this island is released and we get to do the storyline for it :)
Either way both ideas sound really fun!

I hope they have some cutscenes!

My theory is that the navy will be there and there will be bounty hunters there. Part of my theory is that the bounty hunters come from there. The reason for the big pig in my opinion is for a celebration of some sort. Who else agrees with me?

Back