Blog Post It’s Time to Dig for Gold!

OMG, I GOT A KEY FIRST TRY ON ABASSA JUST NOW. Thank you so much devs. This has made my day. Best Christmas gift I could have asked for.
0Pg3Rca.png
OMG! That's awesome! I'm so jealous!

OMG, I GOT A KEY FIRST TRY ON ABASSA JUST NOW. Thank you so much devs. This has made my day. Best Christmas gift I could have asked for.
0Pg3Rca.png
Saw you digging in Port Royal, congrats on finding a key!
All the digging pays off :)

So if I get this correct every time a new hour comes up ( 1 PM 2 PM 3 PM ) for example it will give me a key if i'm the fastest one that digs after it hits?

Last edited:
I'm excited about this I really want one but the servers are down ATM for my time slot!

How long will this event go on?

I'm usually only lucky enough to get one time slot each day or so because of work or they're just full.

I'm excited about this I really want one but the servers are down ATM for my time slot!

How long will this event go on?

I'm usually only lucky enough to get one time slot each day or so because of work or they're just full.

Until further notice, I guess.

I think it's more of there's a stockpile of already available keys to which new ones are added each hour, but really who knows besides the staff.
No, it's as the user you quoted said. Whoever is the fastest wins, and then you have to wait another hour for the new keys to drop. Essentially, you only have 2 chances at a beta key per playtime. This is because when you first log on, you're not going to get a key because it takes 2-3 minutes to log on at least, so the chances of someone not having gotten the key for that hour on any of the servers is very slim. Then, you have the 2 turns of the hour that occur during your playtime, but you won't be there for the next turn of the hour because your playtime disconnects before it happens.

Example: My playtime is from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM. I won't get the key at 5 because it'll have been a couple of minutes before I can dig, but I can try to get it at 6 and 7. I won't be able to try at 8 because my playtime will end and I'll disconnect.

Personally, I really don't like this system. I think it should be based on chance and repetition rather than a race for the key. It puts players with slower computers or Internet connections at a serious disadvantage.

But, hey, we're getting free beta keys, so who can complain? :eek:

No, it's as the user you quoted said. Whoever is the fastest wins, and then you have to wait another hour for the new keys to drop. Essentially, you only have 2 chances at a beta key per playtime. This is because when you first log on, you're not going to get a key because it takes 2-3 minutes to log on at least, so the chances of someone not having gotten the key for that hour on any of the servers is very slim. Then, you have the 2 turns of the hour that occur during your playtime, but you won't be there for the next turn of the hour because your playtime disconnects before it happens.

Example: My playtime is from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM. I won't get the key at 5 because it'll have been a couple of minutes before I can dig, but I can try to get it at 6 and 7. I won't be able to try at 8 because my playtime will end and I'll disconnect.

Personally, I really don't like this system. I think it should be based on chance and repetition rather than a race for the key. It puts players with slower computers or Internet connections at a serious disadvantage.

I guess that's actually more likely, but regardless more people with beta keys means more slots for people who don't. So either way everyone still gets something out of it! (some get more than others but still)

For those of you who got a beta key whether by looting or digging, in order to activate the key, you go to the TLOPO site and account: https://tlopo.com/account/ . At the bottom you will see Earned Keys. Click that and you will see your earned key! Just copy and paste it into the Beta key entry space. Enjoy!

Where does this intel come from?

Yes, It is possible! This has in fact already happened to a user by the name of
blamboo! he posted about it just a little while ago.
I don't like that tbh. Most of the people i've met with beta keys just get beta keys for themselves and add it to sub accounts which they dont use, they dont give it away to anyone....

Back