Weapons Jack Sparrow's Blade Nerf Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the sparrow is fine now. It's just a little more powerful than the April Fools branch that we got.
Okay, gotta stop reading this thread.
Take my advice, take a lil break from the forums if it's stressing you out enough to cause you to want to be un-involved (been there). You will achieve a more zen-like peaceful existence as a result.
To keep it relevant, I was OK with JSB the way it was. Or not. I'm just happy there's a game to HAVE these endless discussions about.

Here's what I think:
  1. Broadswords in general are and always have been too powerful.
  2. Broadswords should not be nerfed.
  3. Cutlasses and Sabres should slowly be advanced, by introduction of new and more powerful ones, in 1 on 1 power to the point where the best ones far outclass the best broadswords.
  4. New more powerful enemies should be introduced to keep pace with these advances.
  5. New more powerful weapons should be not hugely more powerful in general but similar in overall power to the best existing weapons but be much more powerful in niche situations that provide unique rewards making them highly desirable to those who desire those rewards.
I think the un nerfed Jack Sparrow's Blade was too powerful overall which was too big of a jump for those who had the Thunderspine to stomach. I think it was not very unique in it's capabilities, other than it's power, which made it less fun to use than some other swords. I think that it was not so powerful that it was game breaking and has been nerfed too much. It is no longer of interest to me and will wait unused in my inventory until something good comes along and prompts me to dump it.

Shameful is all I can say. I'm extremely disappointed that the devs would have listened to such a small minority of people.
With an alleged hundred thousand signed members, I'm sure they won't miss my wiping this game from my computer and conciseness.
Final decision in a few days.
K bye!

I think it's a shame it was changed at all, Can't please everyone, and some people are never happy no matter what. Also sad to see the overreaction to the sword in the first place, and now the overreaction to the nerfing of it. Sore winner/sore losers, haven't we beaten this dead horse enough? Didnt think we needed a whole new thread to complain on.

It won’t.
No comment on this remark.
But, I believe you were commenting on this blade even before it was found and wanted it condemned then with examples of old cards I think before we would know the actual stats when found. You got exactly what you wanted as you were lamenting on numerous boards and now I don't know why you would even start a thread like this.
I guess it was basically to thank the devs. But I don't think it needed input as this was the result.
But now, no matter what, I don't think the thread should be closed unless the mods feel people are struggling to stay civil.
The tlopo pirate community appears to be a sensitive lot.

I don't have a ton to say about the weapon's adjustment; I think it's perfectly appropriate. Nevertheless, I'm curious what others think about the decision and would like to facilitate a conversation surrounding it. I'm very pleased that the TLOPO team was so receptive to player feedback. Thanks so much to all of them.

I'm one of the lucky few who has this weapon. I'm bummed because I'm a lonely looter and enjoyed being able to safely manage some of the bigger bosses without 30 other pirates causing me to lag. I agree that it may have been overpowered but to neuter it so badly was a disservice.

I was just in Tormenta at the gold room looting and I was like, "huh, why am I taking so much damage at the end of the fight?" and then I saw that the blade was nerfed and I was like, "oh".

Being the first to find the weapon and using it, it did make it really easy to solo enemies/bosses because of the drain health and seeing I was like lvl 33 or something like that and soloing with general ease, I can agree with removing it as it is kind of random for Jack's weapon to have it. However, the blade honestly has become pretty lack luster now, and that's ignoring the drain health, it's just not special anymore. Maybe if it was rank 4 crit instead of 3 it would stand out more from other non legendary cursed weapons but, it's not.

I do feel like the weapon needed a nerf definitely but, I also feel like people were complaining too hard about it which could of made the devs think that they had to nerf it fairly drastically when you compare it to how it was before. Most of the complaining came from the people that didn't have it and said it wasn't fair to those who spent a lot of time looting but people need to remember that it's just luck when it comes to looting, that's it. You can loot faster by using certain tactics that people may of posted on the forums and on youtube to loot faster but it still won't really change your luck all that much so I don't know why people were getting so butt hurt over that particular matter but that's a topic for another day.

Regardless, the weapon did need a nerf, but tbh, it was over nerfed and it really doesn't have that awe factor like it did before, it's really just another lost sword at this point, maybe, like I said earlier if it had rank 4 crit to make it stand out more than I think it would truly be fine but for now and possibly indefinitely, it's just another lost sword and that's kind of lame.

Congrats, your crying has made something thats already ridiculously rare not worth looting. Now how about instead of having it only be looted at dark hart, just have it appear any where because its THAT is what the sword needs to be now considering that the sword is just a better black shark blade.
I'm sorry I don't agree with what you guys have done, considering that neither you, warmonk or any of the people squealing like kids having looted it.

Congrats, your crying has made something thats already ridiculously rare not worth looting. Now how about instead of having it only be looted at dark hart, just have it appear any where because its THAT is what the sword needs to be now considering that the sword is just a better black shark blade.
I'm sorry I don't agree with what you guys have done, considering that neither you, warmonk or any of the people squealing like kids having looted it.
We had a modest concern about a grossly unbalanced weapon in one of our favorite games. Your personal attacks are immature and uncalled for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back