Weapons Jack Sparrow's Blade Nerf Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just in Tormenta at the gold room looting and I was like, "huh, why am I taking so much damage at the end of the fight?" and then I saw that the blade was nerfed and I was like, "oh".

Being the first to find the weapon and using it, it did make it really easy to solo enemies/bosses because of the drain health and seeing I was like lvl 33 or something like that and soloing with general ease, I can agree with removing it as it is kind of random for Jack's weapon to have it. However, the blade honestly has become pretty lack luster now, and that's ignoring the drain health, it's just not special anymore. Maybe if it was rank 4 crit instead of 3 it would stand out more from other non legendary cursed weapons but, it's not.

I do feel like the weapon needed a nerf definitely but, I also feel like people were complaining too hard about it which could of made the devs think that they had to nerf it fairly drastically when you compare it to how it was before. Most of the complaining came from the people that didn't have it and said it wasn't fair to those who spent a lot of time looting but people need to remember that it's just luck when it comes to looting, that's it. You can loot faster by using certain tactics that people may of posted on the forums and on youtube to loot faster but it still won't really change your luck all that much so I don't know why people were getting so butt hurt over that particular matter but that's a topic for another day.

Regardless, the weapon did need a nerf, but tbh, it was over nerfed and it really doesn't have that awe factor like it did before, it's really just another lost sword at this point, maybe, like I said earlier if it had rank 4 crit to make it stand out more than I think it would truly be fine but for now and possibly indefinitely, it's just another lost sword and that's kind of lame.
I appreciate the cordial and well-worded response, even if you disagree with me. It's a step above the persistent forum trolling that others are doing here.

We had a modest concern about a grossly unbalanced weapon in one of our favorite games. Your personal attacks are immature and uncalled for.
I'm just saying it how it is whether you accept it or not is not my problem. I agreed to have it SLIGHTLY nerfed not castrated.

I'm just saying it how it is whether you accept it or not is not my problem. I agreed to have it SLIGHTLY nerfed not castrated.
You're not saying it how it is. Neither I nor Charles ever "whined." We had a legitimate concern and made an honest effort to persuade the developers to come to our point of view. There is nothing wrong with that.

The sword is still great I don't get why people are comparing it to lost sword and I think it's still kind of better than thunderspine since it has the powerful ability. I'm glad they went with daniel's nerf instead of charles' that would of destroyed the sword completely.

You're not saying it how it is. Neither I nor Charles ever "whined." We had a legitimate concern and made an honest effort to persuade the developers to come to our point of view. There is nothing wrong with that.
I could bring a whole months worth of discussion thats already on the forums to bear on saying it how it is. Honestly though calling someone who genuinely disagreed with you. Disrespectful is a outright stupid and disrespectful considering the fact that you made this stupid thread to "flex" on the "no nerfers" is absolute proof of this.

I could bring a whole months worth of discussion thats already on the forums to bear on saying it how it is. Honestly though calling someone who genuinely disagreed with you. Disrespectful is a outright stupid and disrespectful considering the fact that you made this stupid thread to "flex" on the "no nerfers" is absolute proof of this.

Man, considering you're making fun of me for my grammar, before proving me wrong goes far many miles more, so I should thank you for proving me right.
I'm making fun of you for your hypocrisy, not your grammar. You literally said "Calling people you disagree with disrespectful is disrespectful."

Make it rank 4 crit so it can stand out in someway and I'll be happy. Would make the people that already own it to feel more pleased with it since it's a shell of it's former self, and that's a personal observation as it really is a shell from how it was before.

LOL people it's ok. There are like 3 folks defending this; and the rest expressing their disagreement. What's done is done, why continue this "discussion?

Make it rank 4 crit so it can stand out in someway and I'll be happy. Would make the people that already own it to feel more pleased with it since it's a shell of it's former self, and that's a personal observation as it really is a shell from how it was before.
Too late mate. It's done and the dev's won't be second guessing themselves. But I take back the crack about the branch blade. The branch is stronger than the sparrow now.
I don't think the level of weapon should have anything to do with the level of enemy. As hard as legends are to get, let them be random with all the bosses. The biggest mistake in my mind is the decision to make a particular weapon drop by a particular boss. No mystery or surprises at all.
And as soon as something is found, the elootists just move to the next boss to mob. Unless of course, since this is beta, maybe the dev's want to stress test each boss area.

Not knowing whos going to drop what is most of the fun of the hunt. That's gone now.
And where's it going to stop with the vocal minority in controlling the game.
I'd say some people have more weight with the dev's as personal friends than their input should have. But that's my opinion only.
How did these people know so fast that something was done?

And one last thing about the sparrow, in my entire time here I have never seen a legendary weapon without a skill in the first line listing. Why do that now? What's the reason for the deviation.
Just rhetorical questions as no Devs will respond and players don't really know.
GL

Last edited:
I'm making fun of you for your hypocrisy, not your grammar. You literally said "Calling people you disagree with disrespectful is disrespectful."
I was pertaining to the way you went about this post to gloat, and argue more as disrespectful to all the people you disagree with, superficially yes my claim had an obvious flaw and you looking at it as so foolish kid arguing for something thats wrong. Remember that I didn't totally disagree with you, im just disagreeing with the way you went about "discussing" this is outright wrong

Additionally I'm requesting a mod lock since discussing with you guys has left a massive sour taste in my mouth

I was pertaining to the way you went about this post to gloat, and argue more as disrespectful to all the people you disagree with, superficially yes my claim had an obvious flaw and you looking at it as so foolish kid arguing for something thats wrong. Remember that I didn't totally disagree with you, im just disagreeing with the way you went about "discussing" this is outright wrong

Just take my word for it that I actually do like discussing the game. I post threads like this all the time whether or not they relate to me. Not everything is ego-borne.

I strongly disagree with that, if it was removed then all the players who looted this "Legendary" grade item would suffer. The developers made the smart and rational move here. :)
Those who looted it have already suffered and removal would now make no difference to me. The thing is now worthless to lvl 50 players.

You got what you wanted, you really don't have to act that way.

Perhaps this weapon should just be removed from the game entirely.
Yeah well, hes threatening to delete this game (like the devs care) because he didn't get his way and probably spent no more than 10 total hours at darkhart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back