PvP  Jumper Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a former jumper myself the original post is sorta funny to me because most "jumpers" are 13 year olds with nothing better to then troll PvP.

Jumping: A type of Player VS Player play in Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean online. Players Jump around their opponent the gain the advantage or new players to PvP or any other person or fight other Jumpers to see who's the best.

I was there when Jumping was first being played in PvP (late 08), It was a new fun way to play in a competitive fashion after you max your pirate at 40 or late 30's. There would be Guilds made just for Jumpers and everyone would meet in Abassa to duke it out. The whole scene escalated out of control very quickly. People started to get very competitive and talked a lot of trash many people were banned including myself. As time went on the original jumpers faded away and new people filled their place just with idiotic children. Jumpers are not nice people they will be extremely rude to you if they don't know you. Back when I was still an active jumper I would challenge anyone to fight but now I would encourage people just to stray away from the Jumping scene or PvP with random people all together.

Crashing: From my knowledge the only way to crash someone was to be in the undead glitch and be killed in jail. I don't know about people actually searching for your ip then crashing you. That seems a little much for a Disney game.

I'm not going to speak on the rules because they have changed so much after the new content that has been released.

Jumping today isn't the same just a bunch of trolls that are rude and arrogant. I hope this post gave some people some insight on how jumping started and what it has come to.

shifting weapons REALLLLLLLLY fast then they lag so bad to the other person that u cant see them and u cant hit them

I saw a lot of this when I was still PvPing. It cracked me up that the same person using this "technique" would cry foul if I switched to a doll or staff to fight back. That's why I will never have any kind of Infamy badge. What some do is just "advanced play" and "skillz" if it works in their favor, while what I do is cheating, or cheap, if it works in my favor. One says "skill", another says "cheat". Meh.

;) I quit PvPing a looong time ago. Life's too short for that nonsense.

Why is it like "banned" if I use a broadsword? I mean I CAN jump with a Cutlass, but I don't wanna, so I just with a broad, call me a broad noob, but I'm a noob that is rank 4 in pvp and is a 39 so THERE!

P.S I don't read the hole thing, I just read part of it and then reply xD

This thread died, and came back to life.
Anyway... Jumpers calling foul when someone pulls a doll on them? Its hypocritical. Saying broadswords are cheap, I just say: "Hey genius, broadswords got shorter combo time that cutlass and higher attacks. Call THAT noob!" and the I just walk away after the pvp. I don't like jumpers, but I have a few friends who are and they are ok, OUTSIDE of pvp. Its the jumpers that jump around Abassa Tortuga and call everyone with a broadsword "noob" that give jumpers a bad name.
And no, I'm not a jumper if anyone was confused ;)

lol, i use broadswords bc all my cutlasses are good!!!!! i only call ppl "noob"s when tey use a doll, and i bring a doll only when i dont know if they are going to or not, which is always -_-

Some jumpers can get really annoyed if you kill them using anything other than: blunderbuss, sword, or dagger. Here are the do's and donts:

1. NEVER Use a doll on a jumper because all jumpers know how to crash your game and will do so
  2. NEVER use broadsword
  3. DO use cutlass or saver ( these are acceptable to jumpers )
  4. NEVER use a repeater, bayonet, or musket on a jumper
  5. NEVER Cheat by using a lag button or speed hack jumpers will no if you are
  6. NEVER break rules set fourth for PVP if you do you will probably get crashed
  7. Do use grenades
  8. Do use dagger
  9. Do use throwing knives
  10. NEVER use staff
These are the rules that most honorable jumpers follow.

I'm not really sure if jumpers can "crash" your game. They are stupid if they do that because they don't get as much of a pvp reward.

Jumping sounded kind of cool i suppose; but became really irritating when i started to pvp. Then it forced people to learn how to jump, at least in some way, because everyone else was doing it so they had the advantage. Then again, when potco created pvp they didnt have any apparent rules. I guess a positive way to look a jumping was that it was a clever way to gain the upper hand over your enemy. Personally i don't like it nor can i do it very well; but when everyone else seems to do it, what choice do you have but to learn.

molly i give pvp lessons if u wanna learn tell me and i can teach u sometime when im on
EDIT (Oct 22, 2010 12:05 AM):

alot of the hardcore jumpers the rly good ppl on abassa will crash u if u use doll or other weapons that are considered cheating
sometimes thats me in glitch lol it gets really annoying, btw i gotten really good chris, aleo taught me now im the lilest beast ever xD i owned a lv 50 with my lv 22 :)

I was there when Jumping was first being played in PvP (late 08), It was a new fun way to play in a competitive fashion after you max your pirate at 40 or late 30's. There would be Guilds made just for Jumpers and everyone would meet in Abassa to duke it out. The whole scene escalated out of control very quickly. People started to get very competitive and talked a lot of trash many people were banned including myself. As time went on the original jumpers faded away and new people filled their place just with idiotic children. Jumpers are not nice people they will be extremely rude to you if they don't know you. Back when I was still an active jumper I would challenge anyone to fight but now I would encourage people just to stray away from the Jumping scene or PvP with random people all together.

Awww the good ole days back in late 08'. PvP glitch came about after the loss of "Skel Glitch."
Skel Glitch was where you could be a skeleton on any island... The goods times... The PvP Glitch came. It changed everything about Abassa. Abassa used to be a better place, well kinda... PvP glitch were everywhere, it just started, people wanted to know. Everybody saw people fight, you would see in cap letters,"HOW???" During that time people started jumping. Everybody saw them jump, so they were called "jumpers." Now were talking hundreds of people seeing the jumping. (nobody has ever seen this before.) So those hundreds would tell other people, they would tell other people. Then that's how the majority of people PvP'ed. Through this came "crashing." a very bad thing. One time I got crashed, my whole computer screen was messed up. Then the stereotypes came. Jumpers would be known for crashing. Then PvP glitch started dying in Jan. of 09'. Then as I call them the middle ages came. A time where jumpers were not AS popular. They were still around, but not as many. (the main ones were banned.) Now 2010 came, jumpers started coming back. everything started coming back. And here we are with modern jumping, its twisted, horrible, and here we are. It's not like it used to be. Trust me, it's changed...

Awww the good ole days back in late 08'. PvP glitch came about after the loss of "Skel Glitch."
Skel Glitch was where you could be a skeleton on any island... The goods times... The PvP Glitch came. It changed everything about Abassa. Abassa used to be a better place, well kinda... PvP glitch were everywhere, it just started, people wanted to know. Everybody saw people fight, you would see in cap letters,"HOW???" During that time people started jumping. Everybody saw them jump, so they were called "jumpers." Now were talking hundreds of people seeing the jumping. (nobody has ever seen this before.) So those hundreds would tell other people, they would tell other people. Then that's how the majority of people PvP'ed. Through this came "crashing." a very bad thing. One time I got crashed, my whole computer screen was messed up. Then the stereotypes came. Jumpers would be known for crashing. Then PvP glitch started dying in Jan. of 09'. Then as I call them the middle ages came. A time where jumpers were not AS popular. They were still around, but not as many. (the main ones were banned.) Now 2010 came, jumpers started coming back. everything started coming back. And here we are with modern jumping, its twisted, horrible, and here we are. It's not like it used to be. Trust me, it's changed...
i had just started in '09 and about 8 months later i learned how to jump... back whenever all the real jumpers were around .... then came all these other ppl who had different " styles" and then that changed pvp forever.... im really starting to think about switching to svs instead of pvp cuz the new styles ..... i wish the old real jumpers/pvpers were still here it would be ALOT better

i had just started in '09 and about 8 months later i learned how to jump... back whenever all the real jumpers were around .... then came all these other ppl who had different " styles" and then that changed pvp forever.... im really starting to think about switching to svs instead of pvp cuz the new styles ..... i wish the old real jumpers/pvpers were still here it would be ALOT better

I'm still in contact with some of the original "jumpers" but they have no interest coming back to this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back