Announcement Key Contest Winners!

Again congratulations to all winners and contestants! Just an observation from this humble pirate; IMHO the judges had to take into consideration the various ages and skills of those that participated in this challenge. This is evident in that they increased the number of winning entries. They saw the great creative effort from every member. In addition to competing for a key I believe that the event allowed each of us to look into ourselves and express our creative abilities as they exist within us. I believe that we all looked at our experiences in the game and on the forum while preparing an entry and felt a sense of pride, joy and unity within. I did. I searched through my screen shots and while doing so remembered with a smile each situation they captured. I believe every submission is a winner in that we all came together in one thread and shared a part of ourselves with everyone. I give my heart felt thanks to every pirate that made a submission for taking the time to be an active part of TLOPO community! Having thus said I declare: Weigh the anchor and hoist the sail...thar be plunderin to be done! Arrrr!

Remington, you are just a darling!

Awwwe :) Thank you so very much Ablert. I find your encouragement and positive attitude wonderful as well... You know... The last three years have been hard on me. When I got too sick to work, my ex-wife filed for divorce, I've been homeless and a wonderful family finally took me in... I've been through three bouts of chemotherapy fighting cancer, plagued by neurological issues, had a heart attack and other health issues... It just... Really drove home that we aren't promised tomorrow... I've decided rather than wallowing in self pity, I would try hard to make people happy and wake up every morning as positive as I can. Thank you for taking the time to say something so nice. It made my night. You have a WONDERFUL evening and if you ever come across Remington O'Morgan in-game. Be sure to friend me. :) It would be my humble pleasure and honor. Two armored thumbs up!

:congrats: to all of the winners!!:cheer:

Commiserations to those that entered, but didn't win.:hugs:

To the judges: Well done! Such a massive amount of entries to wade through. Doubling up the amount of winners was a good call.:cheers:

I for one am very happy that you took into account talent,creativity and ideas while judging this competition. I understood it to be a contest of ideas, not specifically to find a great artist (albeit we clearly have many of those).
My thanks to everyone that participated, I loved looking through all of your entries and thanks also to the staff for giving everyone this opportunity. Good Job Everyone! :)

Awwwe :) Thank you so very much Ablert. I find your encouragement and positive attitude wonderful as well... You know... The last three years have been hard on me. When I got too sick to work, my ex-wife filed for divorce, I've been homeless and a wonderful family finally took me in... I've been through three bouts of chemotherapy fighting cancer, plagued by neurological issues, had a heart attack and other health issues... It just... Really drove home that we aren't promised tomorrow... I've decided rather than wallowing in self pity, I would try hard to make people happy and wake up every morning as positive as I can. Thank you for taking the time to say something so nice. It made my night. You have a WONDERFUL evening and if you ever come across Remington O'Morgan in-game. Be sure to friend me. :) It would be my humble pleasure and honor. Two armored thumbs up!
I'm astonished. I don't know how someone can go through so much and still be able to put a smile on not only their own face every day, but mine and many other people's too!! I envy you. I hope you have a great day and I hope you continue to make other people smile like you make me!

I'm astonished. I don't know how someone can go through so much and still be able to put a smile on not only their own face every day, but mine and many other people's too!! I envy you. I hope you have a great day and I hope you continue to make other people smile like you make me!

It's not always easy... I have to admit that openly... But for me.. Well it makes me happy... :D Thank YOU for your encouragement and the smile you put on my face, as well as others too! And....... I know when you said darling... You meant it in a manly pirate way right? - winks - Have a wonderful day Ablert! - hugs -

Congrats winners! So many talented pirates there be, I just gave up and fed my sketch to the gerbils. I'm sure there will be upcoming contests to challenge those talents and showcase your creativity...like maybe...a Jolly Roger invasion comic...or something! No matter what....If ye be a pirate, you're already a winner.

Grats to the winners! I enjoyed reading your humorous stories and so many of the drawings were awesome! I know the judges must have had a very difficult decision to make. Thanks to all who entered - and if you did not win - keep your head up! You were brave enough to put yourself out there and allow your work to be judged. So many didn't even make the attempt! Good job all!

Back