Weapons Legendaries are too hard to get.

Should Legendaries be easier to get?

• Total voters
One question I would like to ask (in direct opposition to the idea) is that I thought it was “implied” or assumed that to reach lvl 50 notoriety/mastered in TLOPO it is a lot easier comparable to lvl 50 notoriety/mastered in POTCO. Is there general consensus in agreement with this change? :confused: If so, it kinda affects the selling point of the original post of the idea especially if trading is implemented (given trading will likely impact a player’s efficiency to lvl up quicker within the game).
It’s possible to get level 50 in a week or two, if you know the right method. So yeah, it would be relatively easy to obtain legendaries at that point.

Of course, it only works on alts. You’d still have to work the hard way on your main.

OK the last thread had a few people responding with sound arguments against me and a few who were just very negative and not logic based but emphatic disagreements. On this thread I would appreciate if anyone who disagrees could say why you disagree and not take anything personally.

WHEN I SAY LEGENDARY I AM EXCLUDING PATRON AND SF

I think that in TLOPO, the playerbase is getting too old to require such ridiulous amounts of time to get 1 of 25 legendaries in the game. Yes, i know some are luckier than others, but for the most part it takes 100s of hours to get a single legendary. Most of us who still play are adults or almost adults. That comes with a ton of responsibility and with responsibility comes time constraints. I dont think the average player can spend triple digit hours in a month doing the same thing over and over with no idea of when they will finally get their reward. The game is old, the player base is old, and shrinking. The game needs something to spark life back into it because me, and alot of fans like me, are just over the excessive amounts of time it takes to get something we have wanted since we were children. With all the time I have put into this game, I probably couldve started a business and used the profits to just buy the game. Its ridiculous. This is not a selfish attempt at a handout but more of a wakeup call that the players are older now, and the game is dying. There is no negative effect of making legendaries easier to get and I suggest again, as I did in the last post, that players are guaranteed at least 1 legendary (out of 25) when they reach either max notoriety (level 50) or fully mastered pirate. Both of which take time and dedication to complete. Im not suggesting legendaries are just thrown around like famed but I'm suggesting that they are made possible to get without turning this game into a fulltime unpaid job.

Please respond with any opinions you have on the subject. I want to hear disagreements and agreements but logical ones and I encourage you to try and understand my reasoning fully before completely dismissing/agreeing with it.
The game is pretty much dead anyway

If they were to reward players with a free legendary, I would argue that it should be one of the boss exclusive weapons that ISN'T legendary cursed. One of the "lower tier" Legendary weapons, that aren't SF or El Patron.

I think POTCO had the RNG set high so you'd be forced to grind for months on end which kept you paying 10 dollars a month, or 60 dollars a year making profit off of your grinding hours. This is a remake of the original game and cannot be charged. So long story short, I personally think that it's pointless to have the RNG set to such an absurd number if there is no profit gained from this game. In all of 2018, I've only found 2 legendary and have been on the grind every single evening as well as most weekends with nothing to show for it. With the hollowed woods update I was grinding 24/7 and still... NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT and have to wait a year to probably get NOTHING. It definitely needs adjusting. Just throwing my 2 cents out there.

I think POTCO had the RNG set high so you'd be forced to grind for months on end which kept you paying 10 dollars a month, or 60 dollars a year making profit off of your grinding hours. This is a remake of the original game and cannot be charged. So long story short, I personally think that it's pointless to have the RNG set to such an absurd number if there is no profit gained from this game. In all of 2018, I've only found 2 legendary and have been on the grind every single evening as well as most weekends with nothing to show for it. With the hollowed woods update I was grinding 24/7 and still... NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT and have to wait a year to probably get NOTHING. It definitely needs adjusting. Just throwing my 2 cents out there.
I put 100 hours into hollowed woods and never saw anything either, if I don’t get a legend by the end of January I’m leaving the game for good

I put 100 hours into hollowed woods and never saw anything either, if I don’t get a legend by the end of January I’m leaving the game for good
I feel your pain. I really do.

Want to know how many hours I put into logging into “any” remake? Zero (0). In addition, I have received that same amount of legendary. Am I pitching a fit? You tell me.

Not all things which seem important...are important. I hope you and others understand that! *Hope you stick around and reconsider! ;) The fun will be here, waiting for you.

I don't agree with them being easier. I do agree however, with halting boss specific legendaries. Leave the ones we have now and make every legendary from now on available everywhere. Except Legend cursed of course which would still only be available on Raven's Cove or Isla Tormenta.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying the game is bad, it’s a lot of fun until level 50, but it is clear that the odds aren’t in my favor so I personally don’t see the point. I came back to the game and enjoyed the experience again, thanks to the devs, and made friends, but now I’m afraid the game doesn’t have much else to offer

Last edited:
Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying the game is bad, it’s a lot of fun until level 50, but it is clear that the odds aren’t in my favor so I personally don’t see the point. I came back to the game and enjoyed the experience again, thanks to the devs, and made friends, but now I’m afraid the game doesn’t have much else to offer
I understand. Hopefully, your disinterest will peak at some point again if BETA sees an end. (Might be kinda cool to see some of the unreleased content POTCO held up it’s sleeve at one time ‘regardless’ of who has what legendary).

You're welcome. Thanks for playing.

While you're right that its a simple game and it doesn't have a huge amount to offer, you still haven't looted all 25 Legendaries. So it still has those to offer. I mean..

While you're right that its a simple game and it doesn't have a huge amount to offer, you still haven't looted all 25 Legendaries. So it still has those to offer. I mean..
Some people enjoy the “ hunt “ for legendaries but I personally cant sit on the game watching Netflix and clicking my mouse for hours on end, for the next year. I’ve put in 300 hours and haven’t even seen a sf or el pat so clearly it’s not working lol. Some people are just luckier than others

I think the actual opinion of this thread should be Do More With The Game Its 2019 more-so than Make Legendaries Easier.
If you are to the point where your only reason for coming back to the game would be if the staff made legendaries easier to get, then it means the game needs more things to do in it. Releasing the game beta server before its in a finished and fully working state ready for expansions has hurt peoples interest in the core game of playing it and looting in it.

I think the actual opinion of this thread should be Do More With The Game Its 2019 more-so than Make Legendaries Easier.
If you are to the point where your only reason for coming back to the game would be if the staff made legendaries easier to get, then it means the game needs more things to do in it. Releasing the game beta server before its in a finished and fully working state ready for expansions has hurt peoples interest in the core game of playing it and looting in it.
I never said that I wanted legends easier to get. I would like if the loot system was less saturated with useless loot. But that is not the point of my statements above. Getting any legend at all is not guaranteed no matter how much time and effort you put in, so the end game is not for me personally. I will be interested in what devs will add in later dates. I personally hope it’s not more looting because that is what the game doesn’t need any more of but it is in the beta state, and any real expansion of the game is some time off I’m sure.

I never said that I wanted legends easier to get. I would like if the loot system was less saturated with useless loot. But that is not the point of my statements above. Getting any legend at all is not guaranteed no matter how much time and effort you put in, so the end game is not for me personally. I will be interested in what devs will add in later dates. I personally hope it’s not more looting because that is what the game doesn’t need any more of but it is in the beta state, and any real expansion of the game is some time off I’m sure.

Was referring to the original poster.

Forget about legendary weapons.
Before you know it, you get one, and then they nerf it into junk...

I feel your pain. I really do.

Want to know how many hours I put into logging into “any” remake? Zero (0). In addition, I have received that same amount of legendary. Am I pitching a fit? You tell me.

Not all things which seem important...are important. I hope you and others understand that! *Hope you stick around and reconsider! ;) The fun will be here, waiting for you.
I've seen this argument time and time again and I feel the need to publicly refute it: time is money. Even if it is just a game, people pour a lot of hours into setting a goal and working for it. When it just ends in either repeats or nothing whatsoever while people who try far less than you excel, it just begs of the question of if playing the game is really worth the time you put into it, and having that question repeatedly trouble players isn't very good for the game itself.

The issue doesn't really concern me a great deal, because this game will never get boring to me. I really enjoy the community aspect of it and playing for actual testing purposes, but I am confused when I hear people mention alt characters have better chances than a main and i'm trying to confirm if that's true or not. I've also been experimenting on if the ratios vary between your main and an alt pirate. Perhaps a fluke. But I really do wish you the best and hope you find one soon.

Thanks,

Back