Blog Post Looking Forward!

Make potions worthwhile. A majority of the community finds them a boring grind that's a waste of time. I want them to be good! Adding some kind of potential loot like in fishing could be good. (Accidentally cooked something up) Or make the potions worth it with really good buffs: gold x2 for 5 min, rep x2 for 5 min, damage 200% for five min, run speed x2 for 5 min. I want people to like potions and not have a wasted mechanic.

Thanks for all you do! This game is awesome and there are so many great things. Congrats and a happy new year.

Sincerely,
Caleb Dragonborn

Last edited:
A possible explanation as to why Mood Rock changed colors involved ambient occlusion, which was theorized by @Deckshot.

I actually thought the ghost GM was you. Huh.

Thank you for the shoutout, but I haven't solved the mystery. I updated the original response to clear up my ideas. If a developer could chime in and clear it up, that'd be even better.

Here's a direct link to the post: https://piratesforums.co/goto/post?id=318860#post-318860

Oh, and happy new year and all that jazz. Fantastic update!

I would love o see the weather with those breath taking sky lines come back - miss the sunset variations and colors. Would be great if you could bring back the old face characteristics like was mentioned by Yohoyohoapirateslifeforme in her thread "Which do you prefer old or new?" like you brought back the males old body types.

I'd love to see some new models for some of the pre-existing legendaries such as Blade of the Abyss and the Behemoth Blade. These swords are far to rare and unique to share models with other ones already in the game. Aside from that, I can't wait to see what new and exciting weapons and other items are on the horizon!

#2 (Tied with #1) - Every saturday or sunday or whatever we should have a period of time for double rep, double materials, increased loot odds, double gold, etc. I say like 3PM to 5PM EST. This will encourage many players to all come on at once and there will be a lot of organized events by the pirates.

I love this idea, and I believe at one point potco did have something like this in place. Only problem I see is server over crowded, maybe the devs can add more servers? That would be great for those of us that like to loot solo, or just with close friends.

#4 - Make potions less grindy or just remove the potion leveling system all together

So totally agree with this, hopefully it will happen.

I'd also like to see this so called sea serpent supposed to be in game

Disney was going to add it, but it was actually (if i remember correctly) like some side game or something like that. It wasnt ever put in the actually game itself, unfortunately.

I would like to also add if you all put in more quests that some are asking for, PLEASE dont make it a requirement lol. Some of us prefer to loot to lvl up, and dont care for quests. Thank you again for all you do. :)

W4ojNj2.jpg

Hey, everyone!

It’s been a long and amazing journey with you all, and today, in our final post of 2017, we want to share with you one of our proudest milestones. First, though, let’s take a quick recap of how we’ve gotten to where we are…

When Closed Beta first started, we had no idea what to expect. The future was rife with opportunity, the community was buzzing with excitement, and we were on the edge of our seats for opening day. By and large, it was a massive success! Sure there were bugs, and it was certainly a rocky start, but we powered through it thanks to the neverending support from you all!

Eventually, after a ton of work and sleepless nights from the developers, the 2013 update hit. Boy, that was a fun one! With everything that plagued the original Beta in December fixed, the team moved forward with renewed vigor and worked quickly and diligently to fix up the new release for everyone. At the time, we had around 350 players online at any given time, and we couldn’t be happier… that is until the number rose even higher:

ga2nd2Aaq_WHrxhd3O1ec4VWj1WanL4gfDqgitvmdDYwcuWPMzcPpxAgswnXVvTuYodaS0fxf3IJzAMP3sJVEISF_7qG4hsuI4m-pXPrCjm8mSVgSWmY5mHsYLLC6nOocM7acs1u

A whopping 575 players! An amazing record! We couldn’t believe our eyes. Could things get any better?! They did! To our surprise, this record was sustained. On most days, we now have over 700 players online at once!

You guys continued to shock and amaze us as the year went on. We came tantalizingly close to 1,000 players online at once multiple times throughout Beta. Now, with the release of the Raven’s Cove Story Quest, we have finally reached that goal!

ewYcbN3xEPA0xWJhJL61GE28gTR-fGyK9G-ek1ZYPRXvW32KQjBHkTpEPKXeM1eg6Nqyb2FiCH_t8byyR6ssKoTemXQVZOrp03kRJ8gYw5pPpft1C8Pmp3uj_vEpMXsi0F-CSqFa

Over 1,000 players online at once!!

It’s because of each and every one of you that we’ve made it this far, and we couldn’t be happier with the amazing community we’ve rebuilt over the past few years! Having finally reached the milestone of 1,000 players… we want to give back to you all!

We have dozens of enhancements we’re already in the process of developing. These changes include all new options for sailing customization, new weapons, new clothes, new sailing items, and best of all: What YOU want us to do. That’s right, we want to hear from YOU on what we should tweak with the game!

Is there something that you find annoying or grindy that you’d like to see changed? Do you have a really cool idea for a future quest or weapon? Do you have an idea for a new ship material? Reply to this thread giving your feedback and you might just see that change appear in the game! We are open to hearing everything and anything! To us, no idea is a bad idea -- even if it is -- we want to hear from YOU.

We really cannot thank you all enough, and we hope to see you on the High Seas! Congratulations, everyone! We are forever in this together as one community, one POTCO, and now as one TLOPO!

Sincerely,

~ The Crew @ The Legend of Pirates Online
I think A dual bladed system would be pretty sick, such as at player level 40 (needs to be more stuff for the high levels to do) a quest line can come up eventually allowing two swords to be equipped at once, at a 25% damage debuff per sword (overall 50% buff across the board with two blades.)

Make the styles change up per type of sword equiped, have fun with it. You guys did the impossible, and we're just glad to have the original game back in full.

My only immeadiate request... as in tomorrow if at all possible, would be a better trash / sell system. The easiest way to do a quick hotfix, is to let items be right clicked into the sell slots.

Similar to how cursed blades can only be found on Tormenta and Raven's Cove, I think the same could apply with other legendaries/weapons. Looking at the Unreleased Items page some ideas for new weapons and their locations are:

LePorc's Sabre and Avaricia's Broadsword could be SVS rewards and would make SVS more worthwhile.

Jack Sparrow's Blade and Lost Blade of Calypso could only be found in sailing loot.

Ignis Maximus and HOP (even if added as a code) could only be found on Padres.

Vulture Claw and Black Raven Broadsword could only be found on Raven's Cove.

So on and so forth for other unique items. This would cause people to farm certain locations in hopes of a greater chance to find the weapons they desire.

• This was probably mentioned before but I think it would be great if there was a way to change the complete appearance of your pirate, maybe for a price, because I know a lot of people went through making their pirate really quickly.
  • Also I think the cursed drop rate is way to low and think that it needs to be changed.
  • Lastly we all would love to see invasions come back even if they only started out on one server!

Last edited:

• A property ownership function where you can purchase a small island and construct different houses or fortresses from materials you purchase or plunder.
  • House- The house is used as a personal storage and safezone from pursuing enemies. the house function can be altered as the game progresses through beta stages.

• Fortress- A fortress is used primarily in guild warfare. (Pvp will be on everywhere except the major islands). The fortress is used as a base for your guild to defend your guild’s loot from enemy guilds. guild warfare will be discussed next.

• Guild Warfare- Guilds will be more dynamic unlike the original game which was simply a group of players. Guild Warfare allows large factions of players to attack other guilds anywhere. (if a guild enemy is on a major island like port royal, you can still initiate a small battle with them but certain authorities [npcs] will be trying to break you up) Guild warfare can take place almost anywhere. On the high seas, Guild warfare is very immense and detailed. Guild Fortress Warfare is the most intense version of guild warfare. A ship can approach a Guild Island and bombard it, automatically starting a guild attack (only if players are online in the guild). The fortress will store guild loot that is shared among players in a guild and during a fort attack, they must defend it with cannons or counter attack by launching a ship to attack that ship. If the fort’s defenses are weakened, the attackers can dock on the island and begin besieging the fort on land. most of the fight takes place here. Destroying a fort will give many rewards to the attackers based on the power and wealth of the defending guild.

• Three new storylines- “The devil’s triangle” features the quest for the trident of poseidon. “The Atlant Tide” features the quest for the lost city of atlantis washed ashore on davy jones’ locker and its riches. “The Witches of Tormenta” features the quest for the magic powers of the wisdom staff and calypso’s riches.

• Ships- Ships must be purchased or constructed.
The Baleinier- A more swift version of the Brig, used for quick looting and stealth attacks on enemy ships.

The Bergantina- A strong ship with 25 massive cannons and medium armor

The Corvette- A decommissioned navy shipped similar to the frigate but with slightly more firepower available to players.

The Fluyt- More of a barge, it is used for looting with the highest cargo capacity out of all ships but is not heavily armed.

The Hulk- A well armored and heavily armed version of the fluyt with a bit less cargo capacity and low maneuverability.

Ironclad- This ship is awarded to players after completing all story lines and finding the olympus key and opening the omega chest, which is found at Atlantis. the chest provides instructions for constructing the Ironclad along with other legendary loot.

• Islands
Davy Jones’ locker is an island reachable only under the influence of the Davy Jones Curse, found at isla tormenta.

The Prison of Mordillah is a prison island featured in the pirates of the caribbean movie, dead man’s chest. here players will free crew members on the quest to “The Atlant Tide” The island is fully explorable after completing that portion of the story.

Isla tormenta- now on the shores of the island the player can stumble across the kraken while sailing their ship

Isla de las muñecas- this island does not have a connection with any story missions but some future missions might come into play here. The island is littered with thousands of dolls. The island will be more of a mysterious touch and has a disturbing vibe similar to Raven's Cove.

for sailing, I would love to see some expansion on the high seas. Many of us wh
o have upgraded ships will have noticed that every thing goes down in, well, one hit. It would be cool to have very powerful ships, in between the difficulty of a BH and a Warship, sailing for the Navy, EITC, and Jolly. they aren't special, but they are high level and will give many of us old salts in sailing some more enjoyment when trying to sink them.

it would also be cool to see two classes of light and medium ships as there are for heavy's (ETIC Marauder, and a more powerful frigate that is still a medium vessel, if that makes since).

I feel bounty hunters should have spawn priority over warships, as anyone who would has seen the cost upgrading ships knows they are more valuable than warships, and it is really annoying when the Tally-Ho is the only ship coming to find you (over and over and over)

I think there should be a random chance for any vessel to spawn as a flagship, not just a select few and/or give the option to grapple a ship for additional loot if you manage to destroy it's sails before you sunk it, this gives people with chain and grapeshot a use.

A scroll bar and/or loot sorting system in sailing would literally be a godsend

For more radical changes, continuing with number three, maybe make 2 bounty hunters spawn when you reach Scoundrel of the Seas, along with Warships, to combat the very, very grind like nature of ship upgrading

Another more radical change would be additional level of ship upgrading: general ship upgrades. It would seem the hull upgrades rn go with someones play style, and it would be cool to have a more general upgrading system. How I would envision it, would be a upgrades to add improvements to the ship, (such as +1 broadside cannons to each side, and +1 cargo hold etc). the major feature is that they don't work on percentages but numbers. the other major feature is that they can all be taken, with none being locked due to a hull choice or other general upgrade. so, if there was a couple of upgrades to improve your speed, you can take them even if you have taken the ones for the cargo space, and/or have taken the copperhead hull. it is a little crazy, but, it would be cool to see actual upgrades and not "pick this if you play a fast ship" or "pick this is you play a loot running ship"

Another form of treasure fleet that would drop ship materials, and another that drops skull loots, would also be amazing for us who already have max gold.

Since it has already been mentioned a ton: Working sailing items would be cool

another crazy idea is more ship types for the NPCs, such as brigs (maybe) and, at the very least, more ships for jolly that aren't warships

I think this is about it for sailing. I wanted to keep things reasonable and not too wild, yet still a major improvements to the game

I got a lot of ideas that I would love to see in-game. Only one of them has been implemented into the game so far (gold limit). The order doesn't reflect how much I want them, just added them to the list in a random order.

This list includes one idea (#17) by another user.

IDEA 1

Crew merge and crew tweaks

Having crew merge would make our lives easier, since we don't have to manually remove people, add people over again, and wait for AFK users to return.

Who's crew leader? Simple. Whoever had the larger crew out of both is the new crew leader.
What if the crew size is above the limit? The merge cannot take place. The combined size must be that of the limit. This can change if the max limit is upped.

Tweak #1 - Up the crew limit
Pretty self explanatory.

Tweak #2 - Shipcards and fleet system

IDEA 2

Enhanced boss fights

IDEA 3

"Create a pirate" verification

IDEA 4

Potions overhaul

IDEA 5

Useful crews for Lv. 50s

IDEA 6

Infamy, graveyards, jail, prison system

IDEA 7

High-seas expansion update

IDEA 8

Privacy toggles

IDEA 9

Unlockable animations, new NPCs and theater

IDEA 10

New tattoos and customization options

IDEA 11

Guild overhaul

IDEA 12

Abu-Nar clan storyline

IDEA 13

New weapons and weapon groups

IDEA 14

Playercard backgrounds

IDEA 15

Break grave shackles

Spamming the SPACE button should break grave shackles.

IDEA 16

Add POTCO's unreleased weapons

IDEA 17

New interface, offline guild messages, mailbox system
by: @ANZ

IDEA 18
Blue level up effect when weapons or skills are leveled, ordinary yellow level up effect when notoriety is leveled.

Last edited:
When sailing and going for mat runs, i always run into the problem of having to take a bunch of items that i will throw out later just to see what's at the bottom of the loot pile. A good fix to this would be to add a scroll bar to the loot screen so you don't have to take a lot of crude weapons to see what's at the bottom of your loot. Thank you!!!

1. Allow us to custom name and re-name our ships

2. As everyone else has said, a trading system

3. Let us upload our own sailing emblem for our ships (pending mod approval of course, otherwise everyone'll just upload fishs)

4. Also suggested in this thread: Double Not. weekends or hours. For some of us still getting our sea legs, it can feel like we can't catch up sometimes; Noteritey weekends or hours can give us a fighting chance

All I want from this game is the return of the old idle sailing music. You know, this one:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHh117MGbkQ
For any devs that don't remember, this music played whenever you were just out on a ship and nobody was on the helm. Then if somebody pulled out a weapon it started playing He's a Pirate. Fun times. They removed both tracks around the same time they redid all the main islands.

We desperately need more spawn points in Port Royal. As in not only on the left side of the map. Poor Darby Drydock needs customers too.

Better optimization, (Better FPS No Frame freeze when characters in your area load in) Invasions, Make the ramming speed in sailing work, make voodoo dolls like they were in POTCO you could run farther and still keep your attuned target. Fix major crashing issues with sailing and also in general. Possibly either new weapon type not add ons like new grenades a completely new weapon or like a new level cap with new islands like lvl 60-75. Fix bugs with staff and voodoo doll textures being glitched after extended use, (Ex. Voodoo doll attune texture below player wont go away, staff textures being bugged and after extended use blow up and the texture becomes low quality and massive.) annnnd thats about it.

Back