Loot is random.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Darknesz

Honorable Pirate
Here is a response from Disney I got when I asked about a theory.

LOOT IS RANDOM.jpg

Well, I honestly don't care about what Disney has to say at all. I asked them about the swift foot glitch problem and they replayed "there is not such known glitches". Also I asked about DC items and they said they where removed due to the new birghts (Which I do not agree with). Also in the skink O' Thon for Spyglass (Which I placed 23 place) Said blindly to ALL pirates that ships count as long as you are on the ship (WHICH WAS A TOTAL LIE!) They also Term my account Charles Warmonk and Charles Peacemonk for 8th violation of the misspelling of a word and would not let me explain the one word I misspelled it and got me term. Honestly, you can take Disney word how loot is random and you doing things can't effect looting payout. Just know when your missing 1 steel shot, Steel will drop. When you use viper's nest it shall drop. When you loot at Tormenta only Aces and king cheat cards drop. You remember how many ways there are that are just RANDOM drops when Captains cutlass has been found only on LAND at Tormenta thrall room. You remember how rage ghost only drop party hats and Smasho only drops knifes. You remember the 44 pirates as of today who have looted legendary class weapons using this method and enjoy using it. Also the 55 people who voted it should have 5 stars. When your saying this "Trick/Method" does not work and E-mailing Disney about it. Remember how Disney has yet to give us a GOOD update in almost a year. -_- Also made it where only 50 people may have a CHANCE at getting all legendary. Sorry this is so long but I am frankly sick of people saying my guild does not work or saying there are no methods to looting. EVERYONE loots in there OWN way! I believe and know for a FACT it works. I find you rather insulting inferring and stating that my guide and myself is and I quote "Just tricking people" -_-

If you don't want to accept it that's fine. I really have no right to say you are not allowed to loot however you please. I do want to draw attention that all the theories people have are NOT fact. Every loot container that drops is a completely new and separate chance from the loot containers around and preceding it. Loot does not stack as your theory postulates. If this theory is true I believe it should stand up to all scrutiny presented to it, address the scrutiny with maturity, and survive to live another day.

You also bring into question Disney's credibility in this matter. I do ask. Why would they add a mechanic that would give others an advantage over other pirates in the game in terms of looting? They wouldn't. If they are really as incompetent as you say they are, do you really think they would add a few looting tricks?

The looting method tells people to loot for hours using that method and they will find something great. Do you want to know what else gets great loot? Looting for hours. Your method is not necessary. Loot is random and your method serves only to give people hope to continue looting.

I do wish your method was right. I mean why wouldn't I want a way to get more loot lol? I'm a pirate. But, I cannot accept what has not been proven.

Thanks for showing concern for my humble thread,
Lord Darknesz

The method and my debate of it's authenticity has nothing to do with me personally. Your input means very much to me and I do take it seriously into account. I was very glad that you actually took notice of this thread considering you seem to have a lot of business to manage in terms of various POTCO related sites. That is why I called it humble, because a professional presence on the matter such as your self is very much appreciated on my thread.

Just tricking people? Are you saying Charles is purposely trying to mess with people and making them waste their time? This is just his way of looting and he believes it works and there is no problem with that. He made his guide not to trick people but instead to explain how he loots and he is trying to help people get good loot. I personally don't believe in the method but you're acting like he is just wasting everybody's time for his own amusement.

Just tricking people? Are you saying Charles is purposely trying to mess with people and making them waste their time? This is just his way of looting and he believes it works and there is no problem with that. He made his guide not to trick people but instead to explain how he loots and he is trying to help people get good loot. I personally don't believe in the method but you're acting like he is just wasting everybody's time for his own amusement.

I realize your frustration with how I may have connoted that particular word. I shall define what the intended meaning of "tricking" is in my post for you. What tricking means is he is informing people via his popular guide that looting works in a way that it does not in actuality. They believe it when it is not necessarily the truth. That would be how it is used in my post. Thanks.

I am happy to see that I am not the only one seeing it like this.... I feel like he just sent that E-mail in order to "Bash" my guide. The person who replayed was no "developer" of the game. But some guy working part time with account problems and such. Which most likely has NO IDEA anything coding related or facts of the programming of the looting system at all.

Okaayy, no drama please and sorry for ''interrupting'. I just wanted to add that Charles' method Does work, not always and not everywhere but it Does. I was using it a lot on my termed pirate and I got her some good stuff including Doom Rattler and Fullmoon collection.

However, on my new pirate I've got about 15 brights already and 3 famed without using Charles' guide, she's only lvl34.* I'm not going to go against anyone since I know that both ways work. You need to be patient indeed to get the 'good' and the 'best' stuff but still, nobody said you can't try a Looting Method. Even if it doesn't work for you, it works for others - yet with some exceptions.

I appreciate the fact that you mailed Disney about it but honestly now, for your information, even if there was a trick to looting I doubt they would give it out. (never mind the fact that the Call Center doesn't even mail the programming team - and what you ask goes straight to the Call Center, no matter what kind of question is it).
So why would they anyway? Everyone then, would start doing that trick and the looting wouldn't be fun simply because you would know what to do and what to do and how to expect it.

I'm not sure if the purpose of this thread is to either show people that there aren't any tricks to looting, or that we just need to be patient for the good drops, or just to prove pointless and useless Charles' method - because you only linked his guide and not anyone else's - But (and even if I'm not a Mod or anything) I believe you can stop arguing and just let people be and use whatever way they want to loot.

*Note that they have made the loot much easier for the new pirates lately....

I am happy to see that I am not the only one seeing it like this.... I feel like he just sent that E-mail in order to "Bash" my guide. The person who replayed was no "developer" of the game. But some guy working part time with account problems and such. Which most likely has NO IDEA anything coding related or facts of the programming of the looting system at all.

Yes, I did take that also into account when I received his reply. You are skeptic of whether or not the person who responded to me really has a great amount of knowledge into the matter. I do intend to go deeper and reference a more reputable source on the exact coding of the game. We the players of POTCO do not have very much knowledge above the lowly Disney e-mail grunts. Sure, we know skull chests are rare and such, but we do not have the access needed to confirm any specific game mechanic like looting at all.

I will attempt to get in touch with a programmer involved with the game and get their input. I am very doubletful that they would code in a way to get better loot. It is all balanced. Loot is random. I know you feel strongly about this and I still do appreciate your continued interest in this thread.

Okaayy, no drama please and sorry for ''interrupting'. I just wanted to add that Charles' method Does work, not always and not everywhere but it Does. I was using it a lot on my termed pirate and I got her some good stuff including Doom Rattler and Fullmoon collection.

However, on my new pirate I've got about 15 brights already and 3 famed without using Charles' guide, she's only lvl34.* I'm not going to go against anyone since I know that both ways work. You need to be patient indeed to get the 'good' and the 'best' stuff but still, nobody said you can't try a Looting Method. Even if it doesn't work for you, it works for others - yet with some exceptions.

I appreciate the fact that you mailed Disney about it but honestly now, for your information, even if there was a trick to looting I doubt they would give it out. (never mind the fact that the Call Center doesn't even mail the programming team - and what you ask goes straight to the Call Center, no matter what kind of question is it).
So why would they anyway? Everyone then, would start doing that trick and the looting wouldn't be fun simply because you would know what to do and what to do and how to expect it.

I'm not sure if the purpose of this thread is to either show people that there aren't any tricks to looting, or that we just need to be patient for the good drops, or just to prove pointless and useless Charles' method - because you only linked his guide and not anyone else's - But (and even if I'm not a Mod or anything) I believe you can stop arguing and just let people be and use whatever way they want to loot.

Amen to that.

Yes, looting does work. Thanks for pointing that out. Keep in mind that his response to my e-mail did not say "This method does not work, but there are others way to increase the quality of your loot.". It was a flat and precise, "No, there is no way to get better loot by any other means other than persistence.

"This method does not work, but there are others way to increase the quality of your loot.". It was a flat and precise, "No, there is no way to get better loot by any other means other than persistence.

First, he didn't say '' this method does not work''
Second, he didn't say '' there are other ways to increase the quality of your loot'' - meaning that whatever method and guide you use it won't affect your loot.
Third, like I pointed out, let others believe and do what they want to. Some guides and tricks do work for them.

First, he didn't say '' this method does not work''
Second, he didn't say '' there are other ways to increase the quality of your loot'' - meaning that whatever method and guide you use it won't affect your loot.
Third, like I pointed out, let others believe and do what they want to. Some guides and tricks do work for them.

His response was that their were no tricks. Tricks is a reference to the method I provided him to look into. Also, your second quarrel with my post is not what I said. This is what I said.

Keep in mind that his response to my e-mail did not say "This method does not work, but there are others way to increase the quality of your loot."

I will let people believe what they want. But, they should not just be exposed to side of looting that deals with methods and such. They should know just exactly if any of this is actually true. Looting works for them. The guides tell them to loot. That is the only thing they do right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back