• Yes

Votes: 38 86.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
early-grenade.jpg
Wow, thanks.

This response really makes it seem like you haven't read anything I've said.
I assure you that I did read it all and the only thing is that we completely disagree on this and thus far nothing that you have written has changed my mind on it. My perspective is that you want to make it easier to use nades which in my opinion is completely unnecessary and would only lead to great annoyance and frustration for many when thoughtless people and trolls start using nades much more than they do currently in group environments. I feel that nades are great the way they are and should definitely not be changed as you suggest.

I assure you that I did read it all and the only thing is that we completely disagree on this and thus far nothing that you have written has changed my mind on it. My perspective is that you want to make it easier to use nades which in my opinion is completely unnecessary and would only lead to great annoyance and frustration for many when thoughtless people and trolls start using nades much more than they do currently in group environments. I feel that nades are great the way they are and should definitely not be changed as you suggest.

You seem to have misunderstood me, I do not wish to make grenades easier to use, I simply wish for the annoying and frankly unnecessary feature of players completely negating grenades to be removed. As I have very clearly stated before, this feature does not in fact increase the difficulty of grenades, but only makes the use of them in groups to be nearly impossible, especially when at a public looting site where there is no coordination. An annoying feature like this does not make the game more fun due to challenge, but more frustrating due to the randomness in which players may end up running up and blocking grenades. It would be very difficult to get every player in a proper position so that your grenades will hit all the time, and frankly, it would be no fun having to do so every time you loot in a group. Games are meant to have fun and engaging mechanics, not baffling and infuriating hindrances. Your point of people using grenades to troll and grief will happen regardless of this proposal and is a non issue in this case.

I simply wish to make my stance on this point as clear as possible. If this does not change your opinion, that is fine.

You seem to have misunderstood me, I do not wish to make grenades easier to use, I simply wish for the annoying and frankly unnecessary feature of players completely negating grenades to be removed. As I have very clearly stated before, this feature does not in fact increase the difficulty of grenades, but only makes the use of them in groups to be nearly impossible, especially when at a public looting site where there is no coordination. An annoying feature like this does not make the game more fun due to challenge, but more frustrating due to the randomness in which players may end up running up and blocking grenades. It would be very difficult to get every player in a proper position so that your grenades will hit all the time, and frankly, it would be no fun having to do so every time you loot in a group. Games are meant to have fun and engaging mechanics, not baffling and infuriating hindrances. Your point of people using grenades to troll and grief will happen regardless of this proposal and is a non issue in this case.

I simply wish to make my stance on this point as clear as possible. If this does not change your opinion, that is fine.
I have not misunderstood at all. I believe grenades should stay the way they are. I do not want people using grenades in mass looting situations. And your suggestion is aimed directly at promoting that.

Grenades can/have been used though (against other players) in the form of harassment or bullying. *In this way, grenades have a purpose to which Disney failed to understand about POTCO. That purpose includes the below scenario to which I am HIGHLY in agreement with what this thread is asking. ;)
  • Abassa Tortuga is packed!
  • Two or more pirates don’t get along (or, everyone including the pirate with the ‘nades are all complete strangers)
  • The pirate with the ‘nades decides to use them (sometimes throwing them directly at someone)
  • Players become irritated and the whole atmosphere is disrupted
  • The pirate throwing the ‘nades is happy
Why was this game functionality (problem) allowed to exist???

I guess you could ask why have we've got tailored insults like "Bilge rat!" etc. Pirates can ruin the atmosphere any number of ways, what Disney had in mind with a grenade doing damage to you and getting blocked is something I guess they spent a significant amount of time on before deciding.

It does seem inconsistent with other weapons but at least in the self damage area there is Desolation with Staff that can almost kill the caster.

There are obstacles and challenges to using many of the weapons or combat scenarios in this game, I think this is just one of them.

The game is meant to be played with good humour and good manners, I believe the insults that have been deliberately included in the game are meant to be used in an appropriate way and understood as humour. Those that use language or grenades, or block your grenades in an inappropriate way should not be added to your friends list.:piratemickey:
:pirate ship:

I guess you could ask why have we've got tailored insults like "Bilge rat!" etc. Pirates can ruin the atmosphere any number of ways, what Disney had in mind with a grenade doing damage to you and getting blocked is something I guess they spent a significant amount of time on before deciding.

It does seem inconsistent with other weapons but at least in the self damage area there is Desolation with Staff that can almost kill the caster.

There are obstacles and challenges to using many of the weapons or combat scenarios in this game, I think this is just one of them.

The game is meant to be played with good humour and good manners, I believe the insults that have been deliberately included in the game are meant to be used in an appropriate way and understood as humour. Those that use language or grenades, or block your grenades in an inappropriate way should not be added to your friends list.:piratemickey:
:pirate ship:
While I do think Disney did make some mistakes in the development of this game I also think many do not give Disney any where near enough credit for the great things that they did do; which in my opinion includes the way grenades work. I object very strongly to any changes to the mechanics of grenades but do support the introduction of better and more interesting ones as the developers are doing.

I feel that Disney, while they did do a lot of cool and wonderful things through POTCO, they also dropped the ball on some pretty significant things important to game mechanics alone. (In hindsight, the game ended up with the bare minimum of staff and support too so we really shouldn’t be too surprised with such ‘inconsistencies’). Now, I don’t exactly know for sure if the functionality we had grown used to pertinent to grenades was part of that but...one is left to scratch one’s head (at least) and wonder.

I feel that Disney, while they did do a lot of cool and wonderful things through POTCO, they also dropped the ball on some pretty significant things important to game mechanics alone. (In hindsight, the game ended up with the bare minimum of staff and support too so we really shouldn’t be too surprised with such ‘inconsistencies’). Now, I don’t exactly know for sure if the functionality we had grown used to pertinent to grenades was part of that but...one is left to scratch one’s head (at least) and wonder.
I feel certain that Disney did think out grenades very well and that it is not an oversight that they cause self damage when you mishandle them nor is it by accident that if you hit friendlys they do no damage to enemies. Without these limitations grenades would be the only weapon to use in every situation, a preposterous notion. Grenades were really meant for soloing and well organized attacks with just a few players not for mass melee mayhem.

I have not misunderstood at all. I believe grenades should stay the way they are. I do not want people using grenades in mass looting situations. And your suggestion is aimed directly at promoting that.
Why is that? Do you fell grenades are too powerful? What don’t you like about grebades?

Why is that? Do you fell grenades are too powerful? What don’t you like about grebades?
I feel that grenades are perfect as they are in terms of mechanics and any changes to the mechanics would be negative for the game as a whole. The OP nature of nades is wonderful in a solo setting and the limitations put on them by Disney are also wonderful in terms of limiting their use.

I like that nades cant go through ppl. I used that to my advantage, when some rude person thinks I have to share enemies with them, when there is a whole cave of them. Keep the block feature! :)

I like that nades cant go through ppl. I used that to my advantage, when some rude person thinks I have to share enemies with them, when there is a whole cave of them. Keep the block feature! :)
That is the exact reason why I want it to be removed. It’s toxic people like you who make this game less enjoyable. Jesus Christ...

That is the exact reason why I want it to be removed. It’s toxic people like you who make this game less enjoyable. Jesus Christ...
If I am to remember correctly, you barely even played the game... why complain bout something in a game you really dont even play. I will have to disagree with you that I am toxic because I do that. The person killing the same enemy as me, when 1) there are 3 others around they can hit, 2) there is a whole flipping cave of them to go kill... they are the rude and toxic one! Go back to playing furries.

Back