Request Make the Lights Available for Upgrades!!!

Do you think they should be upgrade-able?

• Yes

• Duh

• no

• no way

Results are only viewable after voting.
If allowed in svs then no. If not allowed in svs then sure, why not.

Light ships are ridiculously hard to sink in SVS as it is we don't need storm chaser light sloops! The only upgrade for light ships that would even make sense would be letting people upgrade the sail colors.. Any other kind id have to say NO too..
If they’re so ridiculously hard to sink in svs... why aren’t there people overusing light sloops? It’s literally just 2 people ever using light sloops. You can try sailing one and see how overpowered they reallly are.

I think it really depends, if upgrades were to be introduced, I think they'd need to be different in comparison to other ships since, especially light sloops, are much smaller, and thus hard to hit. Nobody would want super maneuverable Light Sloops going 19 knots with a good Sea Chart and max upgrades. I'd probably introduce something that increases stats a little bit, maybe give bonuses to damage reduction for being hit, but nothing too crazy that would allow a Sloop to unrealistically tank hits while going the speed of a race car.

Also, just a note, I don't know how it is for a lot of you, but broadsiding enemies to death can be really difficult; especially for new players when they need to spend up to 10 minutes passing the same ship over and over just to sink it because broadside's tracking AI isn't very good. This is also the only way to level up sailing when alone, and having other players help means you don't get as much notoriety from the sinking ship.
Broadside tracking is extremely good, I and a lot of people get hit from a broadside one shot a mile away... I a light slooper get sunk at full health with take cover on by a war gallon literally us 2 ships touching close together by a broadside... if light sloops are hard to hit and all that then why aren’t there people overusing them? People overuse coppers not light sloops. You don’t see people saying oh I wanna work so hard to unlock a light sloop. Most of the time it’s literally 1 light sloop that ever launches.

If allowed in svs then no. If not allowed in svs then sure, why not.
But why not... no one ever uses light sloops because they’re useless in svs for them. There is literally one person who always uses a light sloop. Lights are not being used by any other player but that person. If they are so hard to hit then why aren’t they overused in svs?

If they’re so ridiculously hard to sink in svs... why aren’t there people overusing light sloops? It’s literally just 2 people ever using light sloops. You can try sailing one and see how overpowered they reallly are.
Maybe because people would rather use a war ship in SVS.. The more people the better it seems.

There is literally one person who always uses a light sloop
Why is it when replying to mine you say 2 and replying to hers you say 1?
I know/seen several people use light sloops they are pretty skilled at it too..

Maybe because people would rather use a war ship in SVS.. The more people the better it seems.

Why is it when replying to mine you say 2 and replying to hers you say 1?
I know/seen several people use light sloops they are pretty skilled at it too..
Well because I’m the only one who ever uses it, the other person that uses it comes online once a week. People right now use war ships because they’re new players. They don’t know how svs was in potco, they’re playing broken svs. People from potco that svsed play tlopo but don’t play svs because it’s broken. It’s still beta. People from potco don’t wanna play a broken version of svs. That’s only the new people that didn’t svs in potco. Going back to light sloops, the ship alone isn’t op. You and those who drive copper war frigates who try light sloop wouldn’t be op... it’s the player that makes that ship dangerous not the ship itself. In reality, You and others that are not agreeing for the light classes to be upgraded are really just trying to nerf the player not the ship. It’s obvious the light class itself is unbalanced compared to those lvl 6 cause they can’t be upgraded. No other person goes out in a light sloop but me. So I’m flattered that I made that ship known. If that statement isn’t enough, you should know back then there was no option to upgrade ship..: they were all classic back then, once ship customization came out the light class got left behind. People even stopped going out with a light sloop because it’s outclassed. Believe me in tlopo I get one shotted by broadsides, one rammed, etc by war ships and it’s frustrating because it’s unbalanced, I just keep playing in lights because it’s more fun and challenging, compared to just pressing a key and game over.

I’m the only one who ever uses it
If your the only one who does whats your in game name? If its not who im thinking of then obviously your not either way I know your not because ive been in several SVS matches that have had 3 or 4 light sloops in them at a time.. All sailed by an experienced captain.. Are you referring to like this week or this year in general??? Honestly if you use a light sloop in SVS that's your call you have the option to get a different ship you can upgrade so why don't you? If your skilled enough to sail one in SVS and sink other ships with it congrats to you but why would you need an upgrade?? You have already proven that you can without an upgrade.. There is really no real need to upgrade light ships..

If your the only one who does whats your in game name? If its not who im thinking of then obviously your not either way I know your not because ive been in several SVS matches that have had 3 or 4 light sloops in them at a time.. All sailed by an experienced captain.. Are you referring to like this week or this year in general??? Honestly if you use a light sloop in SVS that's your call you have the option to get a different ship you can upgrade so why don't you? If your skilled enough to sail one in SVS and sink other ships with it congrats to you but why would you need an upgrade?? You have already proven that you can without an upgrade.. There is really no real need to upgrade light ships..
Yeah I use a light sloop and it is my call, why would I need an upgrade? I just answered that on the other paragraph.. but I’ll say it again. After ship upgrades came out in Potco, the light class got left behind and light sloops got outclasses... people stopped using light sloops and it died. That was back in potco, I left the game before that became a thing but I made it in tlopo, I see what they were talking about. So I choose to light sloop to bring it back so it can be a thing again. Yes I get one shotted by a ram from a lvl 6 war frigate and brig. Compared to a 2k health I have to be extremely careful not to get hit but it’s very difficult and doesn’t work well most of the time. I go against ships with 12 k health with a ship that can get one shotted.. a 2 k health ship( a light sloop). Yeah I can go war sloop, that was actually a preferred svs war ship to go to fun fact... but playing against these new people that don’t know svs with their war ships, it basically kills the game. Svs dies when light sloops go war sloops. Because everyone quits. It’s game over. So I choose not to. To answer your question, I’m Dark Legend in the game. Svs Originals co GM.————- I added a little more detail compared to the last paragraph just a heads up

Broadside tracking is extremely good, I and a lot of people get hit from a broadside one shot a mile away... I a light slooper get sunk at full health with take cover on by a war gallon literally us 2 ships touching close together by a broadside... if light sloops are hard to hit and all that then why aren’t there people overusing them? People overuse coppers not light sloops. You don’t see people saying oh I wanna work so hard to unlock a light sloop. Most of the time it’s literally 1 light sloop that ever launches.
Apparently not if you have to spend a ridiculous amount of time on one ship because it moved or the tracker didn't track the target correctly. It takes a lot of time, sweat, and frustration to get anywhere alone on a low level character. It gets easier the higher you level up because broadsides will do more damage, but still, the grind is pretty bad at low level.

Apparently not if you have to spend a ridiculous amount of time on one ship because it moved or the tracker didn't track the target correctly. It takes a lot of time, sweat, and frustration to get anywhere alone on a low level character. It gets easier the higher you level up because broadsides will do more damage, but still, the grind is pretty bad at low level.
Thing is, people didn’t rely on broadsides, it just works now in tlopo because broadsides on coppers are op, and the armor on ships rn in tlopo is weak compared to potco. Svs was always about being in a ship with a crew, they wouldn’t have cannons there if they weren’t meant to be used. Well yes in any game a low lvl going against a high lvl isn’t gonna be easy lol.

Ahhh... Brings me back to the good ol' days. Been a while since I've participated in this unwinnable debate, but sure! It has been long enough since I talked about it to where I don't mind throwing my hat into the ring once more.

I think this idea serves to unbalance SvS further, not improve it. Despite the fact this isn't, based on the title and opening post, completely about SvS, Light Sloops in SvS is the dominant theme in this discussion, so I'm going forward treating it as such.

As an ex SvS tryhard, I see several glaring issues with this. Light Sloops in the right hands are deadly for several reasons, including but not limited to arced approach maneuvering (used to heavily offset incoming broadside momentum based tracking when executed correctly), and simple player target priority psychology (the latter of which is further exacerbated by new player presence, as it has always been). I am sorry, but I just see no good reason to further enable pro Light Sloop users who are already unfairly capable of taking down huge fully upgraded ships that have had plentiful resources poured into their creation, with a ship that costs a mere 100 Gold. Light Sloop guerrilla tactics are already more than sufficient when done by somebody good at SvS as it stands, and even if it wasn't already easy to use Light Sloops in SvS, Light Sloops don't deserve to have the ability to almost, or completely, solo larger and fully upgraded ships, because they're a tiny starter ship meant to be incredibly temporary until you can afford something better, not a long term SvS solution. And yet... We've had people using them for years and actually winning versus larger fully upgraded ships, sometimes quite easily, even since the Disney era. I should know. I used to use Light Sloops all the time just to meme on people, and it didn't just work, it worked well. I understand this change wouldn't be limited to just Light Sloops, but at the same time we have to consider the worst case scenario with a change like this, which would be people using Light Sloops with Max Stormchaser coupled with a skilled gunner using Max Explosive amplified by Open Fire for cheap hit and run tactics.

I am not necessarily pulling for removing Light ships from SvS entirely, mainly, but not limited to the fact that I used Light Sloops in SvS at one point for the sake of dominance, and therefore would be a hypocrite if I asked for their removal. However, I definitely don't feel they need a buff due to the advantages they already have.

(Prepares for strongly worded letter from the Committee of
Omnipotent Undoubtedly Godly Henotic Ship Yokefellows Rationalizing Unassailable Proposals - a.k.a - C.O.U.G.H. S.Y.R.U.P.)

Ahhh... Brings me back to the good ol' days. Been a while since I've participated in this unwinnable debate, but sure! It has been long enough since I talked about it to where I don't mind throwing my hat into the ring once more.

I think this idea serves to unbalance SvS further, not improve it. Despite the fact this isn't, based on the title and opening post, completely about SvS, Light Sloops in SvS is the dominant theme in this discussion, so I'm going forward treating it as such.

As an ex SvS tryhard, I see several glaring issues with this. Light Sloops in the right hands are deadly for several reasons, including but not limited to arced approach maneuvering (used to heavily offset incoming broadside momentum based tracking when executed correctly), and simple player target priority psychology (the latter of which is further exacerbated by new player presence, as it has always been). I am sorry, but I just see no good reason to further enable pro Light Sloop users who are already unfairly capable of taking down huge fully upgraded ships that have had plentiful resources poured into their creation, with a ship that costs a mere 100 Gold. Light Sloop guerrilla tactics are already more than sufficient when done by somebody good at SvS as it stands, and even if it wasn't already easy to use Light Sloops in SvS, Light Sloops don't deserve to have the ability to almost, or completely, solo larger and fully upgraded ships, because they're a tiny starter ship meant to be incredibly temporary until you can afford something better, not a long term SvS solution. And yet... We've had people using them for years and actually winning versus larger fully upgraded ships, sometimes quite easily, even since the Disney era. I should know. I used to use Light Sloops all the time just to meme on people, and it didn't just work, it worked well. I understand this change wouldn't be limited to just Light Sloops, but at the same time we have to consider the worst case scenario with a change like this, which would be people using Light Sloops with Max Stormchaser coupled with a skilled gunner using Max Explosive amplified by Open Fire for cheap hit and run tactics.

I am not necessarily pulling for removing Light ships from SvS entirely, mainly, but not limited to the fact that I used Light Sloops in SvS at one point for the sake of dominance, and therefore would be a hypocrite if I asked for their removal. However, I definitely don't feel they need a buff due to the advantages they already have.

(Prepares for strongly worded letter from the Committee of
Omnipotent Undoubtedly Godly Henotic Ship Yokefellows Rationalizing Unassailable Proposals - a.k.a - C.O.U.G.H. S.Y.R.U.P.)
During Potco svs people started to leave behind the light classes because they were outclassed by these upgraded ships. I was the main solo player and my pals told me light sloop is dead. No one uses em anymore. It’s outclassed. That was in potco. I wasn’t around when upgraded ships came out but now in tlopo I see what they meant. But i wanted to show them that it was still possible. It is for me and only me. In tlopo no one can sink war ships in their light sloops BUT me. Don’t get me wrong it ain’t easy and I don’t sink war ships all the time. It’s 50 50 they sink me I sink them. Saying light sloops are overkill is absurd. I wanna see you try it. I’d like you to svs in tlopo tonight in a light sloop and see what you’re saying is absurd.

During Potco svs people started to leave behind the light classes because they were outclassed by these upgraded ships. I was the main solo player and my pals told me light sloop is dead. No one uses em anymore. It’s outclassed. That was in potco. I wasn’t around when upgraded ships came out but now in tlopo I see what they meant.

Nobody should be going solo in SvS with Light Sloops, even though it is completely possible, unless they're doing it for the challenge like you. I've always taken an experienced gunner along as my partner, and another person to do any needed repairs and use the cannon on the other side on rare occasions. A discussion about ship balance involving Light Sloops should be taking into consideration the ship's potential while using a full crew, not solo. Is your argument that the Light Sloop (and light ships in general) needs a buff based on your experiences sailing Light Sloops solo, or with a full and able crew?

But i wanted to show them that it was still possible. It is for me and only me. In tlopo no one can sink war ships in their light sloops BUT me.

Plenty of players who are inexperienced not with just the game as a whole, but particularly in SvS combat, launch their shiny new War class ships (with and without upgrades) thinking they're going to wreck people, only to get defeated by a tiny ship just due to lack of experience, and lack of enough allocated skill points in Cannon and Sailing to provide an adequate defense or offense alone. There's no way you're the ONLY person in the ENTIRE population that plays (which clearly consists of at least 600 people from what I saw the other day when I logged on) that can sink a War class ship using a Light Sloop, even with the limitation of being solo.

Don’t get me wrong it ain’t easy and I don’t sink war ships all the time. It’s 50 50 they sink me I sink them.

If you can defeat War ships at least 50% of the time you get into combat with them using a Light Sloop, then I see no reason why the community needs to have a discussion about buffing light classes, since a 50% success rate is pretty good. If you're already that good without upgrades, I don't think anyone wants to see you, or people with similar skill to you, in the saddle of a fully upgraded Stormchaser or Skull & Bones Light Sloop.

Saying light sloops are overkill is absurd. I wanna see you try it. I’d like you to svs in tlopo tonight in a light sloop and see what you’re saying is absurd.

I've already told you, quite confidently, that I used to sink Warships just to be funny all the time back in the day using a Light Sloop (I also did it because I wanted to win sometimes.) Challenging me to do something I've already done countless times out of boredom is pointless and also doesn't serve to advance your argument, because even if I attempted it tonight, and wasn't capable of doing it, that doesn't mean that somebody else couldn't follow my lead and do it easily.

Going light sloop isn’t possible. I’m the only one that can and does it. From this post it’s obvious you don’t svs in tlopo. My opinion that light sloops need a buff comes from solo and with a gunner.
If you don’t think I’m the only person that can sink them, you clearly aren’t apart of the svs community in tlopo. No one can beat me in solo no one can top me, not to sound confident or anything but it’s a way for you to understand. I’m one of a kind. And EVERYONE knows that in tlopo. No one will ever say they can sink me ask around in light sloops.
It’s not about seeing me or others in a light sloop wrecking others with an upgraded light.. a light sloop is like any other ship in the game.. why not allow it to be available for upgrades?? If people like broadsiding again and again spinning in circles that’s their thing, my and others thing is to solo light sloop now they don’t do it cause it’s outclassed by these war ships. I did the math and the max a light sloop health would get would be around 8k.. a health of a regular war sloop. It’s not like it’s gonna have a health of a war frigate copper lvl 6. 22k health. It’s just to balanced the ships out.
Your comment on how others can light sloop rn with a gunner and sink people. No one does it in tlopo because they will get one shotted by war ships. You clearly don’t play the game. I feel like all your statements and experiences were from potco... we aren’t discussing about potco this is tlopo it needs a lot of work, and you seem to be unaware of all the glitches and bugs.

Those who actually play the game, or actually svs, will see what I'm talking about, no one out here is wanting to launch a light sloop because its useless unless ur me, you will never see another light sloop out there rn at this very moment that can do as much damage as me. if there are light sloops out, its probably a lvl 5 that is trying to sail to kings head

Last edited by a moderator:
Those who actually play the game, or actually svs, will see what I'm talking about, no one out here is wanting to launch a light sloop because its useless unless ur me, you will never see another light sloop out there rn at this very moment that can do as much damage as me. if there are light sloops out, its probably a lvl 5 that is trying to sail to kings head
Ok... But are you svsing in every server? I'm sure you're not the only player who isn't a low level using light sloops in svs, in fact you'd have to be svsing all the time to know for a fact if there's only you and new players using light sloops in svs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok... But are you svsing in every server? I'm sure you're not the only player who isn't a low level using light sloops in svs, in fact you'd have to be svsing all the time to know for a fact if there's only you and new players using light sloops in svs.
the only server that was ever known to svs as a popularity was andaba and Abassa, people who svs on other servers are VERY new to the game, have no idea was going on or why when they sink npc it isn't giving them credit .... the point isn't that I'm the only one using light sloops in the game, the point was I'm the only one using light sloops that has effect against other players in svs.. that use War ships. No one else would use a light sloop to go against war ships, because they're simply outmatched. They get one shotted by war ships ram or broadsides.

the only server that was ever known to svs as a popularity was andaba and Abassa, people who svs on other servers are VERY new to the game, have no idea was going on or why when they sink npc it isn't giving them credit .... the point isn't that I'm the only one using light sloops in the game, the point was I'm the only one using light sloops that has effect against other players in svs.. that use War ships. No one else would use a light sloop to go against war ships, because they're simply outmatched. They get one shotted by war ships ram or broadsides.
So you svs in those two servers at the same time 24/7? You cannot be the only person who uses a light sloop and successfully sinks warships I just think you have a big ego.

So you svs in those two servers at the same time 24/7? You cannot be the only person who uses a light sloop and successfully sinks warships I just think you have a big ego.
its a community... the Svs Community... everyone knows each other.. its almost been 2 years since open beta has opened. We all know each other lol, believe it i am the only one, no one else would launch a light sloop to take on war ships, just not possible. Its not Fortnite where there are 10000000 people playing, its a small community of 200 its not like at night people are playing svs, maybe 1v1 but not a 10 vs 10. besides everyone know each other like i said. If someone sees a ship out and reads the ship name, without being their friend or anything everyone knows who that person would be. People from my guild only launch lights because i encourage it. whenever we play we 1v1 each other and people seem to join. heres a vid of me solo in.... just to show you what solo is.

its a community... the Svs Community... everyone knows each other.. its almost been 2 years since open beta has opened. We all know each other lol, believe it i am the only one, no one else would launch a light sloop to take on war ships, just not possible. Its not Fortnite where there are 10000000 people playing, its a small community of 200 its not like at night people are playing svs, maybe 1v1 but not a 10 vs 10. besides everyone know each other like i said. If someone sees a ship out and reads the ship name, without being their friend or anything everyone knows who that person would be. People from my guild only launch lights because i encourage it. whenever we play we 1v1 each other and people seem to join. heres a vid of me solo in.... just to show you what solo is.
Whatever you say and there's more than 200 players. I've actually seen a couple players svsing at night though and I know what soloing is...

Back