Request Make the Lights Available for Upgrades!!!

Do you think they should be upgrade-able?

• Yes

• Duh

• no

• no way

Results are only viewable after voting.
Whatever you say and there's more than 200 players. I've actually seen a couple players svsing at night though and I know what soloing is...
doesn't matter if they svs at night those players aren't at the top of the pyramid of svs lol, there are around 200, thats the population of Tlopo rn, 200 on Abassa, 30-40 people on all the other servers. We are all in a SVS Community Discord Server, we all know each other lol.
Ive been around since the beginning of Privateering in Potco. I was born in it. I made Light sloops a popular thing in the beginning of Svs Timeline. So of course I'm trying to bring it back and defend it.

Thing is, people didn’t rely on broadsides, it just works now in tlopo because broadsides on coppers are op, and the armor on ships rn in tlopo is weak compared to potco. Svs was always about being in a ship with a crew, they wouldn’t have cannons there if they weren’t meant to be used. Well yes in any game a low lvl going against a high lvl isn’t gonna be easy lol.
I meant any ship, not just during SVS, just battling another light sloop or frigate is hard enough.

You clearly don’t play the game. I feel like all your statements and experiences were from potco... we aren’t discussing about potco this is tlopo it needs a lot of work, and you seem to be unaware of all the glitches and bugs.

Y'know, I came back here ready to re-engage in the discussion because a part of me actually wanted you to prove me wrong so this could be put to rest. But, as usual, as with every time anybody brings this conversation up, time and time again, it either goes nowhere, or goes down hill like this quote right here shows. This is pretty much my breaking point in discussing things with you. When you start to reply with false statements on the level of ridiculousness shown in that quote, and then ACTUALLY think those statements are correct, that's the point where I just conclude there is no reasoning with you. But before I permanently leave from this doomed discussion, let me clue you in about what you just got wrong.

I definitely play the game. I play it hours each day on and off. It is one of my favorite games. I'm also well aware of glitches and bugs, but at no point in our back-and-forth were bugs discussed prior to the statement I have quoted up there where you claimed I DON'T know about those bugs with zero supporting evidence for your claim, just like there was zero supporting evidence behind your claim I don't play the game. The fact is, I do know about bugs this game has, and if we had started a conversation about bugs rather than just assuming I don't know about them, then I would have proven I do know. But we didn't! We were talking about how adding ship customization for Light ships would affect balance, which is an entirely different conversation than SvS bug discussion or bug discussion in general.

I don't want any part of this anymore. Turning my notifications for this thread off.

Y'know, I came back here ready to re-engage in the discussion because a part of me actually wanted you to prove me wrong so this could be put to rest. But, as usual, as with every time anybody brings this conversation up, time and time again, it either goes nowhere, or goes down hill like this quote right here shows. This is pretty much my breaking point in discussing things with you. When you start to reply with false statements on the level of ridiculousness shown in that quote, and then ACTUALLY think those statements are correct, that's the point where I just conclude there is no reasoning with you. But before I permanently leave from this doomed discussion, let me clue you in about what you just got wrong.

I definitely play the game. I play it hours each day on and off. It is one of my favorite games. I'm also well aware of glitches and bugs, but at no point in our back-and-forth were bugs discussed prior to the statement I have quoted up there where you claimed I DON'T know about those bugs with zero supporting evidence for your claim, just like there was zero supporting evidence behind your claim I don't play the game. The fact is, I do know about bugs this game has, and if we had started a conversation about bugs rather than just assuming I don't know about them, then I would have proven I do know. But we didn't! We were talking about how adding ship customization for Light ships would affect balance, which is an entirely different conversation than SvS bug discussion or bug discussion in general.

I don't want any part of this anymore. Turning my notifications for this thread off.
Excellent statement, allow me to explain, the way you were saying you light sloop with a gunner and be "effective" against them and that lights need no buff, is hard to believe. No one out there has done that since potco. I would know because i am online like you, daily. Not to Loot. Not to Pvp or stand around in tortuga.. no I come online just to SVS and im all about Svs.. i have a channel All About SVS explaining how the game is broken and what needs to be fixed. There is no way I see anyone else use a light sloop and use a gunner. That is why I accused you of not playing Svs. You even Failed to Prove yourself out in those waters. The reason i challegend you to go out there and prove yourself is not to blast you, it was for you to realize what i was talking about and my reasoning, so you can understand where im coming from. And you speak about me and my Evidence. My evidence is my name, my legacy, who knows more about this topic than the child who made light sloops a popular thing. And FYI, No one has brought up this conversation before but me, I dont see it anywhere in the forums or youtube?.. maybe people thought or spoke about it but never did anything about it. Its an interesting topic to get into, it involves opinions coming from new players and experienced players, its like another game, whenever someone figures out an effective way to deal with other enemy's that kids or noobs cant deal with, it becomes an issue. But in realty its the player not the stuff in the game, a noob wouldn't do as much damage with the same inventory a skilled player has. Etc, but anyways like many others did, thank you for engaging into this interesting topic as it may or may not be added in the game.

I meant any ship, not just during SVS, just battling another light sloop or frigate is hard enough.
Im pretty sure the light classes to destory for looting is pretty easy lol. You must be on a lap top with no mouse to not sink an npc

Im pretty sure the light classes to destory for looting is pretty easy lol. You must be on a lap top with no mouse to not sink an npc
I'm not sure you quite understand the trouble then, I can time my broadside shots for maximum precision, and only get hits 50% of the time. It's 100% easier just to hop onto a cannon to sink a ship, there's 0 incentive to broadside an enemy to death if it takes an unrealistic amount of time.

I'm not sure you quite understand the trouble then, I can time my broadside shots for maximum precision, and only get hits 50% of the time. It's 100% easier just to hop onto a cannon to sink a ship, there's 0 incentive to broadside an enemy to death if it takes an unrealistic amount of time.
Its easier to hop onto a canon and sink a ship right? well no one does it lol. In svs or looting, most of them wait until the skill on their broadside is charged and do it again. In my experience in a light sloop, not just light sloops war ships. when you get hit by a broadside lets say from a copper, you get sunk in less than 3 seconds, even with a ship health thats 22k. Not only that, but from miles away they lock on, and even close range, even if a light sloop is touching a war gallon side to side, they still get hit and sink. I think your experience is very odd or you're very new to the game

all u rly need to do to make light sloops usable is nerf ram. its rly dumb how easy it is to ram light sloops. most ships ram light sloops on sight lol. ram sinks u even when u have take cover & full health. what do i know ive been soloing in svs since i started tlopo.

Why are there so many options to say no? It is pretty obvious the no's are outweighing the yes to this idea. Svs in this small community is as pointless as pvp...it is never going to be as good as it was potco. I also feel it is a waste of dev's time to do this for such a small group of people.

Why are there so many options to say no? It is pretty obvious the no's are outweighing the yes to this idea. Svs in this small community is as pointless as pvp...it is never going to be as good as it was potco. I also feel it is a waste of dev's time to do this for such a small group of people.
I think you need to double check your counting, the votes are clearly 12 in favor of and 8 opposed. For you to suggest that it’s pointless for the devs to work on fixing svs and pvp is both extremely unconstructive and actually insulting to both communities. What do you suggest the people of these communities do? Just give up on a part of the game they enjoy and quit? For a lot of the community, svs is the only aspect of the game they find enjoyable, myself included. The svs community used to be much larger than it is now, but many of them lost patience and confidence in the developers to fix the GLARING issues/glitches with svs gameplay and quit.

I think you need to double check your counting, the votes are clearly 12 in favor of and 8 opposed. For you to suggest that it’s pointless for the devs to work on fixing svs and pvp is both extremely unconstructive and actually insulting to both communities. What do you suggest the people of these communities do? Just give up on a part of the game they enjoy and quit? For a lot of the community, svs is the only aspect of the game they find enjoyable, myself included. The svs community used to be much larger than it is now, but many of them lost patience and confidence in the developers to fix the GLARING issues/glitches with svs gameplay and quit.

Actually I think you should recount. It is 13 yes to 12 no. ;)

I love how many of the nay-sayers going back and forth on this forum don't actually SvS.

Welcome to a public forum, where is where you posted this. Ofc there isnt many people that svs, the community is too small for it to be fun. Base on the attitudes of some of the "yes" ppl it seems to be the same attitude of the jumper community which, is cause of drama, hacking etc. Maybe the community might be better off.. if they were remove. Just my opinion. Good luck on the rest of the voting. I am done replying as well. Hope the thread just dies out.

Welcome to a public forum, where is where you posted this. Ofc there isnt many people that svs, the community is too small for it to be fun. Base on the attitudes of some of the "yes" ppl it seems to be the same attitude of the jumper community which, is cause of drama, hacking etc. Maybe the community might be better off.. if they were remove. Just my opinion. Good luck on the rest of the voting. I am done replying as well. Hope the thread just dies out.
Actually my experience with the tlopo svsers compared to the potco svser is.. they’re very nice. We even have our own Svs Community Discord Server and it’s a pretty big one. Most of us don’t play because the Tlopo devs favor the looters over the Svers or any other group.(check out my pfp ;) ) If you take a look at the release notes, they favor the looters by adding clothing, weapons etc.. me and other svsers don’t care much about that stuff.. I don’t mind it but they seem to forget about us. We need bug fixes, glitches, things to be added but nothing gets done and we have been asking for this for about 2 years and nothing gets done. In some release notes they even added in the end,Don’t worry we didn’t forget about the svsers were working on adding CD or etc etc... something along those lines. So that explains our frustration atm. So every update that comes out some of us basically lost hope on svs fixes. Let me repeat. 2 years. One update was about adding chains in the jail cells. Imagine how that makes us feel. Chains. Instead of adding new things they should focus on fixing the game, it’s how most of us feel. Thank you for taking the time to read this if you did.. lol I know it’s kinda long but necessary for you to understand us. We’re not hoping to hack anyone or cause drama, we just want svs fixed.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Sure sounds cool.

I know there's some balance issues people brought up, but not only do I not have any idea how true any of that is, but I don't care because I think the good things that would come out of customization of small ships would outweigh any frustration that might come from whatever those concerns were related to sloops unbalancing SvS. It was a pretty easy decision for me.

I also think there are ways that SvS can be balanced to help deal with the concerns people have had if enough thought is put into it. Primarily though I think this is just something that should be done, with balance as an afterthought if nothing else, but preferably immediately if people are really concerned about it which is uh... Pretty clear by this treasure trove of entertaining replies I just got to read through. Speaking of which...

... it was indescribably fun to read through this thread's responses.
Much pirate ship. Very discuss. Thanks all.

Hi everyone,
I've been cleaning up this thread a bit. This is a good discussion and your opinion is valued! Please keep the discussion clean, on topic, and avoid personal attacks. Posts that do not comply will be removed or edited.
Thanks so much!
KFK

Last edited:
Interesting to see how the posts defending the svs community were removed, but the ones that asked for its removal are still there.. Something tells me that if I made a post asking for the removal of the Looting community it wouldn't last too long, even if it was "just my opinion". Recently several members of the svs community have joined the forums and this discussion out of desperation to get this element of the game we loved fixed. However, its insulting to see some members act like we're too small of a community to spend time and effort on and discouraging to see some of our posts removed entirely.

Maybe because people would rather use a war ship in SVS.. The more people the better it seems...
I was thinking the same. What I mean by that is, Disney likely wanted everyone to participate in SVS to facilitate/to rely upon teamwork and collaboration.

Since lights offer too small of a platform for a decent sized crew to collaborate and work together, SVS became what it was within POTCO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting to see how the posts defending the svs community were removed, but the ones that asked for its removal are still there.. Something tells me that if I made a post asking for the removal of the Looting community it wouldn't last too long, even if it was "just my opinion". Recently several members of the svs community have joined the forums and this discussion out of desperation to get this element of the game we loved fixed. However, its insulting to see some members act like we're too small of a community to spend time and effort on and discouraging to see some of our posts removed entirely.

Maybe, but mine still seems to be here, and I defended the change idea.

I like the idea of being able to upgrade light class ships. I didn't even SvS that much in PotCO but whenever I did I was on a light sloop sailing or on the cannon using Revenant Ram. I can also corroborate Ricardo's claim that there is only ever like one or two people using a light sloop for SvS these days. I've literally SvS with him on his ship multiple times. It's also true that we do consistently get one-shotted by bigger ships.

"let's just remove PvP and SvS because [unfounded claims]"

lol do you even PvP or SvS, or...?

Back