MEGATHREAD: BETA OPEN! Report crashes/bugs/glitches here

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that not all quests actually give notoriety. I was doing the Dagger unlock quest and when I completed part of it, (the part with the 500 notoriety gain) I didn't get the gain.

Sometimes when I log in, I am back to level 1 and all my weapons are gone but after I log back in they come back. I also hear an audible clicking sounds when scenes change. For example exiting out of fishing on Tortuga and returning to the game. When trying to sink a Navy Ferret the Ferret was to close to Tortuga so I couldn't sink it with my ship because the drop anchor notice wouldn't let me get any closer I had to leave the wheel and sink it with a cannon

Now that TLOPO Beta is open, please use this thread to report any crashes, glitches, bugs or log in issues.
New games are bound to have issues, so please be patient. The TLOPO team has put so much work and effort into getting the game off the ground and onto the high seas! As you find issues, report them here so the team is made aware of them.

Please list as much detail as possible as to your location, what you are trying to do, and if there is an error code.

Note: PLEASE do not use this thread to hold discussions. This is just a public center to report crashes and game issues.
Thanks!
I just started playing and I found a couple bugs.
When I try to go to Kings Run I go there, then it takes me back to Port Royal, then back and forth and back and forth until I exit out of the game.
Also, I don't know if you get it later on in the game but I don't seem to have a compass..
Thank!

Was able to log in once after the update, but now every time I select a character it doesn't let me pass the loading screen. I have allthe Vsynch on, fancy loading and sky off, not sure what else I can do at this point.

Turns out the guild I was in was too active.

Last edited:
Grenade quest, specifically wire at For Dundee is still not working for me, but I got chickens!
I got 3 of the 4 Wire last night from the 5 Crates "IN" The Fort , 2 said " Nothing there " Not sure if any others would count since The Fort Is Open ! May try that route later on ~ :)

Was Dc'd on Monday , when I came back my Galleon was GONE , Came back Tuesday My Galleon was back and My Frigate was gone , Can't BUY another ship either and i still show just the Galleon !! AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH !!! :(

Still unable to even get to play the game even once since it first came out. I have reserved numerous timeslots and can never use them. When I log in, it takes a good 2-3 attempts to download the files. If I am lucky to get them all downloaded, it goes to the first screen (with Barbossa and a EITC man fighting). It takes a few tries to do that meaning that it brings up the notification of "Not Responding" then continues. Once to the next screen, I can hear the sound of the chat but can't see anything. It never fully gets to the game without it telling me that my internet connection broke or my session ran out. I am able to see my remaining time for slot just before I close the window. I will try re-downloading the game to see if that fixes the issue. If somebody could please inform me on what could possibly be going on, it would be very appreciated. Thanks!

I've mentioned before that the memory issues have been gradually getting worse with each update... unfortunately, 1.3 seems to follow this trend, and it's finally met the limit- the game now uses so much memory that it runs out of it before it even finishes loading my home port.

Last edited:
My weapons don't do any negative effects toward enemies. It does damage and that's it. For example, when I use the poison dagger throw thingy, it hits them once and doesn't do any additional damage. Same with my voodoo doll, Curse or the fire thingy haven't done the extra damage that the description of the move says it will do. Also, when I first started I found this sword that does poison damage when it attacks the enemies. It never poisoned them. Kind of disappointing.

Another problem I've found is that when I go to my skills and upgrade the full sail thingy and it says it will increase the moves duration, It doesn't. The duration of the skill has stayed the same even with multiple upgrades.

I'm not sure if others have stated this before but this is what I have noticed.

Well, other than the grenade quest "interrupted", the game is very smooth.
There clearly is an issue with the grenade quest for those starting it a few to several days ago, like myself and my son Sun Wrecker.
My other son Crash started and finished it today with no problems.
Perhaps allowing the grenade quest to be dropped, which you can't do currently, and starting it over again will remedy the issues.
In other news, I did notice some comments about the loot, so I can confirm that it is weak for me, but my kids are very lucky in the game.
Not complaining, but here's a screenshot one would normally associate with a loot pouch and not a few Loot Skull Chests, etc.
You'll notice the first loot pouch has a more valuable weapon in the first pic.
In the second pic, well, it only gets worse, LOL!
Each one of these runs had at least 2 or more Loot Skull Chests, but I was sailing alone, so that does explain the lower loot count.
Also, the gold from Royal Chests seemed lacking as well.
So I can attest that for some pirates, the luck of the draw is challenging, but by no means hateful.
I'm getting to play the game, so all is well!
Finally, the fireworks and volcano effects on Padres are awesome!
Good Luck Pirates!
screenshot_2017-01-04_23-41-46.jpg
screenshot_2017-01-04_23-54-43.jpg

I've mentioned before that the memory issues have been gradually getting worse with each update... unfortunately, 1.3 seems to follow this trend, and it's finally met the limit- the game now uses so much memory that it runs out of it before it even finishes loading my home port.
Try turning on vsync and turning off all sound and rain particles may help may not but worth a try

The game quits unexpectedly about every 1 minute to every 5 minutes if I'm lucky; which makes the game very difficult to play:( I love seeing it all again but just can't make headway. Also have to say the sailing action isn't right yet but I know you're working on that:sunny:

Hola! The game on land is runnning smoothly; I am having a great deal of trouble through the transitions though. Whenever I exit a building or land a ship; the loading screen does not load, and I can hear where I am walking in the background, but the screen is stuck on the "Tortuga" or "Port Royal" loading screen.

Is this a game problem or is this a computer problem because I am playing on a lap-top, but I was curious as to if this could be fixed.

Please let me know if there is anything that I need to do to resolve this problem! Thank you!

Hola! The game on land is runnning smoothly; I am having a great deal of trouble through the transitions though. Whenever I exit a building or land a ship; the loading screen does not load, and I can hear where I am walking in the background, but the screen is stuck on the "Tortuga" or "Port Royal" loading screen.

Is this a game problem or is this a computer problem because I am playing on a lap-top, but I was curious as to if this could be fixed.

Please let me know if there is anything that I need to do to resolve this problem! Thank you!

Yea, this is the same issue i'm having.

Whenever I exit a building or land a ship; the loading screen does not load, and I can hear where I am walking in the background, but the screen is stuck on the "Tortuga" or "Port Royal" loading screen.
I am playing on a lap-top.

It's a memory usage issue. I was told that the developers are working on a fix.

I'm guessing that your laptop has integrated graphics. TLOPO seems to use a lot more RAM on computers with integrated graphics than ones with dedicated graphics, and so the game runs out of memory much faster. I also have a laptop with integrated graphics, and TLOPO is out of memory before it even loads my home port.

Try turning on vsync and turning off all sound and rain particles may help may not but worth a try

I've done everything that I can, I've spent a lot of time testing different settings. The game's memory usage has been getting worse over time and as of now it's too high for it to work even with minimum settings. All that can be done now is wait for a fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back