MEGATHREAD: Crashes and server issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck dropping anchor on Cuba after most recent update! If you're in the same situation as me and my brother, your game will instantly crash if you press the "Drop Anchor" button. (This may happen on other islands too.

Good luck dropping anchor on Cuba after most recent update! If you're in the same situation as me and my brother, your game will instantly crash if you press the "Drop Anchor" button. (This may happen on other islands too.

Can confirm this happens for every island.

When I try to dock on Rumrunner's for a quest, the game window collapses, I have tried docking there 2 times and the window collapsed both times. Not sure if anyone else is having trouble with this...

Pretty sure it's fixed, no?

As of yesterday 5/30 at 15:00 EST, it still is crashing according to my friend who is the one experiencing the issue.

6/1 EDIT: As of last night, the friend of mine who was experiencing this bug is now able to play! Thanks tlopo team :)

Last edited:
Not sure if anybody else here is experiencing it, but @MMDR has told me (via email) that a select few pirates are.

When I try to get on, it gets to the 2nd loading screen then says that I'm experiencing an issue and to contact support.

EDIT: I can get to the 2nd loading screen, but I am now stuck in an endless loop where it cannot connect to the server (no matter how many times I hit "OK").

Anyone experiencing either of these issues?

The moment I hit port, game crashes. Anybody know any fixes or am I just gonna have to wait this one out?

When out sailing and coming back to an island the game often crashes meaning i do not get any loot, and i have to start the game up again.

I'm pretty sure that using throwing knives on an enemy causes a crash. Has happened to me twice upon the second or third throw in succession. Worth noting, though, that I was able to fully cycle through all the throws while not aiming at an enemy and did not crash.

Last edited:
Obvious, but too many players and AI ships will cause the game to crash. I am pointing out the game needs to handle a great amount of stress in the near future.

Hello, finished my first 3-hour session, and encounter a critical problem. Need to complete quest "Visit Barbarossa" when i walk into cave - the cutscene starts, plays normaly till the end, and after that i can see that i need to shoot monkey, but game just closes itself, no reports of crash, no "This exe stops working" or anything else, game just closes, and i'm in a launcher. Any solution for that?

Hello, finished my first 3-hour session, and encounter a critical problem. Need to complete quest "Visit Barbarossa" when i walk into cave - the cutscene starts, plays normaly till the end, and after that i can see that i need to shoot monkey, but game just closes itself, no reports of crash, no "This exe stops working" or anything else, game just closes, and i'm in a launcher. Any solution for that?

The current fix is to purchase a flintlock (free) from a weapons smith before entering the cave. Have it equipped before entering the cut scene and you should be able to proceed. Not a permanent fix but it will get you through the quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back