Workaround MEGATHREAD: Infinite loading screen workarounds

I have crashed a few times since this post. But it has been significantly less than it was. Its weird how some things work for some and not others.

Lol its crazy how my routine is now. Clear the cache, start the game in windowed mode, do a couple runs, relog to clear the cache and repeat xD seems like it would be so tedious but i enjoy the game enough that i dont mind it at all

God Sake!! I just crashed 10 seconds ago after hour and half RUN full CARGO! when we ported i just crashed in the loading screen and had to RElogging the game and I think i lost everything :( very sad and disappointed! I wanted to get alot of CARGO and lost of my chances to get my swords and things from there.. Fix it please ANY Idea of fixing it!?

Never once played in fullscreen, always been playing in windowed since day one, pretty sure you just got lucky sadly, i've tried multiple tests as well and honestly there is no 100% answer on what is causing infinite loading screen when docking

Never once played in fullscreen, always been playing in windowed since day one, pretty sure you just got lucky sadly, i've tried multiple tests as well and honestly there is no 100% answer on what is causing infinite loading screen when docking

thats the SADNNES thing happend to me today i almost broke my mouse XD

I have crashed a few times since this post. But it has been significantly less than it was. Its weird how some things work for some and not others.

Lol its crazy how my routine is now. Clear the cache, start the game in windowed mode, do a couple runs, relog to clear the cache and repeat xD seems like it would be so tedious but i enjoy the game enough that i dont mind it at all

Clearing what cache exactly? Like in your internet browser? I can most assuredly guarantee your browser cache isn't having any effect on the game's performance. It's just a placebo such as the prominent "off the cannons" ritual when porting. Doesn't actually do anything. I can't say what might be causing these crashes, but it is most likely something completely out of the player's control.

Clearing what cache exactly? Like in your internet browser? I can most assuredly guarantee your browser cache isn't having any effect on the game's performance. It's just a placebo such as the prominent "off the cannons" ritual when porting. Doesn't actually do anything. I can't say what might be causing these crashes, but it is most likely something completely out of the player's control.

C:\Program Files (x86)\TLOPO\cache

People have said that clearing all the random files that appear in that folder before you login can slightly better the odds of not crashing when porting. You can also relog every now and then to clear that folder. Whether or not it's a placebo hasn't really been confirmed or denied as far as I've seen but I've gotten in to the habit of doing it, just in case. As for the "Off the cannons!" command, that's another safeguard in hopes it will also better the odds of not crashing. I have had a few CTDs when the Cap'n ports while I am in the middle of repairs or on a cannon. But as I said, nothing can really be confirmed.

It's pretty much the equivalent of having a lucky charm. Ya just have it as a confidence booster or something.

Yesterday I had no crashes or stuck loading screens when I was using windowed. No music and no fancy loading screens. And this was during peak hours. Saw lots of other had the unfortunate experience though.

People logging off or the crew entry says they are disconnected.

Wait, We can't recieve a MASSAGE from developers and any GM's to understand why does it happend to us and we keep crashing

OK, I've found a workaround, that while ridiculously cumbersome and annoying, actually works for me, albeit only for a few hours.
When I notice that EVERY time I sail I get the infinite loading screen of death (as it doesn't happen for me until after a few runs), I close the client, uninstall it, reboot, reinstall it and then I can sail again, for about 2 or 3 hours.
What that tells me is something is morphing in the .dll files or whatever and becoming corrupted over time.
Devs, yall know what you've done there, for whatever reason...
And no girls (you know who you are), it's not the cache, as that gets deleted before every game launch, and actually accomplishes nothing anyway, as I will still get the never-loading loading screen eventually anyway.
So, maybe your mileage may vary, but it works for me!

I have had the emptying cache work but there must be a real fix for this I am sure. After updates I tend to have more of the infinite loading screen until I empty the cache. But I also put the game on high priority in task manager.

Infinite Loading Screen Small.jpg

Please post below until we get a fix to the most annoying and top priority bug that needs to be fixed.

• Tip 1: Wait about 30 Minutes and the loading screen may disappear.

• Tip 2: If you wish to see what loot you lost simply open another TLOPO cilent, log in and click on the other client to see what you had lost. You will NOT be able to select any loot however mats and gold will automatically be added regardless if you do this or not.

• Tip 3: Close out the client completely and have a trustworthy crew member hold the wheel until you log back on. Make sure everyone is off cannons and port.

• Tip 4 (Jack Stormgrin): Once you have full cargo let the enemies sink you, you'll go to jail. Then you have to repair and launch on the same server without logging off and porting without attacking any enemies, you'll get all the loot and cargo.

Last edited:
This works most of the time unless you crash while getting sunk.
Once you have full cargo let the enemies sink you, you'll go to jail. Then you have to repair and launch on the same server without logging off and porting without attacking any enemies, you'll get all the loot and cargo.

I made a thread awhile back on my findings. I started playing in windowed mode with the fancy load screen on and i really dont crash that much anymore. Every once in awhile now but in fullscreen with the fancy loader off i crashed every other attempt

I made a thread awhile back on my findings. I started playing in windowed mode with the fancy load screen on and i really dont crash that much anymore. Every once in awhile now but in fullscreen with the fancy loader off i crashed every other attempt
I'm always on windowed mode and get the freeze glitch often. I tried going to fancy loading screen too, with little to no improvement.

I've started to turn off sound and decrease my graphics settings to low before porting, and I haven't froze yet. Maybe just a coincidence, haven't tried it too many times.

Back