Megathread: Launcher issue (MacOS)

Just started having this issue last night after the most recent update. I'm running Mac OS and it gets stuck on "Writing file 1 of 1." I also deleted it and reinstalled it. Nothing has helped!

If you are on a mac, go to your spotlight and search "terminal." Then paste in

rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online/Game/resources/default/phase_4.mf

into it and hit enter. Then it'll work when you log in!!! Someone told me and it worked I promise!
Worked like a charm, thank you!

The terminal thing helped a little bit, I think I went from 3 steps to 2 of the update, but I get up to "writing file 2 of 2" and then it goes right back to "writing file 1 of 1" and "updating file 1 of 1" looping infinitely... and I can't get in.

Edit: I navigated into the folder system that Kelly's command line argument leads to, and noticed while trying to update and use the command line argument provided, phase 4 just gets rewritten immediately after I run the command line argument, and the launcher dumps me right back at updating/writing 1 of 1. I can try deleting and reinstalling AGAIN, but I've already done that once and I don't think it would help...

Last edited:
If you are on a mac, go to your spotlight and search "terminal." Then paste in

rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online/Game/resources/default/phase_4.mf

into it and hit enter. Then it'll work when you log in!!! Someone told me and it worked I promise!

I've tried the terminal trick a bunch of times and I'm still having the same issue. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm just copying and pasting, "rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online/Game/resources/default/phase_4.mf" into terminal and then when I press enter it gives me this: rm: /Users/(my name)/Library/Application Support/The Legend of Pirates Online/Game/resources/default/phase_4.mf: No such file or directory
Then When I go to log back in, it starts to look like it was fixed–it loads files 1 and 2–but then it just starts the never-ending cycle over again.

Hi I have played the game before when it was POTCO and I had a Windows computer. Now I have a Mac and it's not letting me login? I made a new account the other night and it worked fine, but now whenever I try to login it continuously says "writing file 1 of 1" or "updating file 1 of 1" and it won't stop. Any help would be great thanks.

Hi karissajo!
Welcome to the Forums!!
Give this a try :)

Quote from John Foulroberts, Admin

"We've identified the issue - which should be coming in a newer release soon. It's related to our new system of patching. It seems most people are getting hungup on phase_4, so deleting it and redownloading it should fix the issue.

Run this from a Terminal window:
rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online/Game/resources/default/phase_4.mf"

Hope it works! :D

Another quick question! I'm not allowed to click on people for some reason.. I know other Mac users say they have this problem too.

Back