MEGATHREAD: Misc. Bugs/Glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm Loading Screen stuck at 70% going into Tattoo Parlor in Tortuga while doing Lovalas Quest, on Butcher Browns Complaints on Rancid Ink.

- 1-2 minute loading times when going anywhere or doing anything (no correlation w/internet speed)
- "..." is already in another crew issue (fixed by logging out and in again)
- After being caught cheating in blackjack, earnings remain in inventory

-Teleported to a friend in Kingshead, ended up in Cuba instead
-Floating in jail issue
-Some clothing items appear as white while they're supposed to be another color
-Siege charge icon in loot is blacked out
-Grey circular icon becomes permanently red when wielding staff and killing one or more enemies

-Fighting animations between Officers and brigands not showing
-When attacking enemies, surrounding enemies do not attack

-No cooldown time for grave shackle attack from enemies
-Keep getting healed in random increments when fighting any enemy
-Hurricane slash does not work on enemies
-Bug where enemy's (Darkhart) sword disappears
-Sheathing weapons causes enemies to stop attacking and return to their idle positions

Last edited:
-Load screens sit for 1-2 minutes before the progress bar appears. This just started happening today. It did not occur during either of my playtimes yesterday or the day before.
-The button press sound is played repeatedly when clicking in empty parts of the screen to use weapons
-When you receive multiple tasks to complete for a quest, sometimes the quest journal will only show 1 of the tasks initially. Later on, the rest of the tasks show up.

Ok I spoke in suggestions thread about mebbe having a dropdown in options to cap our fps..to 60 hz for instance or a range. Everyone is running better machines then years ago( I remember inheriting my moms Compaq puter from Radio Shack in 2007 for instance lol)...so trying to patch some of these issues for such a wide variety of os , etc is a humongous challenge...hats off to you devs!!

Lots of bugs I reported are working ...gj!

I tested all compatibility modes last few days on my Win 10 64 bit puter...(there is a thread by a dev here somewhere, but I couldn't find it....all about the run compatibility, which got me started trying it). For me, the Vista compatibility mode works best...dunno why...(mebbe this can help when making patches?).but I now can loot fishing and not crash....I can teleport anywhere and not sink thru islands(yay finally got my two teleport totems, and my first dolly!!!)...Still, Devils Anvil messes with me...I fall thru half the time after porting there...but if you move your ship(never jump after falling thru btw or you can't re-launch), move your ship to different spot and sometimes you can walk, otherwise re-log is quicker than repeating a dozen teleports just to find you sink thru everywhere.... I played two straight hours using Vista compat. mode last nite flawlessly, two hours before that yesterday afternoon, during crowded times I had a total of four crashes, two were on public ships after repairing or during....one while ship landed for loot....and one on padres...Padres is another place I have always crashed when launching a ship...I encourage all who use Win 10 to sample compatibility modes...be sure you go to file location,,,right click on properties,,,choose Compatibility tab...use the "Run this program in compatibility mode for: ....then choose one and apply....GL!

This glitch refers to time slots. If you log in to the game delete your timeslot and then open a new one. Sometimes you get free time. I accidently discovered this when trying to book a new timeslot. Now it says I have 3 hours. But my timeslot doesn't start for 5 hours. However if your game crashes after abusing said time slot glitch you cannot log back in

Consistent crashing when obtaining the gun from Barbosa. He finishes his speech and the game bombs back out to the login. I have done this 5 times without any different result. Also if I try to do anything with the gun I now have without talking to Barbosa I crash, and now I seem to crash doing most anything plus my friendslist is glitched. I can't see my friends at all in the list but they can see me.

Hope this helps you all out.

Enemy ships are severely few and far between.
AI ships are insanely fast and very vicious.
When you dock, you'll often fall right through, making what I call "Land Swimming Pirates"

I was playing as my pirate and I was continuing the story line and I was talking to Orinda Le Jeune. While I was talking to her my game crashed. I reopened the game to find out that my main story line quest is gone. I do not know what to do. I have tried talking to her but she has nothing to give me. This also happened to my other pirate I made while attempting to get teleport access to Tortuga while talking to Tia Dalma. Please help I can not progress at all with my main pirate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back