MEGATHREAD: Misc. Bugs/Glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot load the game, it gets as far as "create a new pirate" and then gets stuck on %30 for the jail loading screen

Problems with Cuba, Voo Doo quest. 1 pirate is stuck in Cuba & page won't load to move her, other pirate gets across bridge to Tia's & is stuck on bridge & Tia is not there either. Worked early today but not late afternoon or evening. 2 sessions stuck...

I cannot shoot barbossas monkey, it has me angled wrong and I miss the thing and I cant turn, there fore I cant continue

Hi. I've found a few bugs and i apologize if these have already been reported.

Firstly I have found that the quest marker/beam will point you to your previous job when you need to see Carter in the pub at Tortuga.

Secondly when I level up at the same time as completing a quest I don't get the rep and my notoriety stays the same as it was before completion..I just got 1000 rep from a story quest and it said I levelled up to 14 but on the top left in lvl 13 and have to still work to get 600 rep till I make lvl 14? I loged out and back in but it didn't fix it..this happened before too..shame..all that work and all that lovely rep just gone.

Is this just me? Ty for all your work!

Edit: Just done 3 more story quests and it is now certain that I'm not getting the rewarded rep for quests..when it rewarded it shows on my notoriety wheel in box that comes on the bottom right..then when I continue my rep is back to what it was before I completed the quests

Last edited:
Small list of bugs for the day, will try to remember to update this post going forward rather than make new ones. So, after having read I can sa that I've likewise seen the 30% bug, but don't often run into the 85% one. Either I get 30% or I get in.

Whenever docking from sailing roughly 7/10 times I fall through the island and have to re-start the game as even teleporting doesn't fix it. Also there seems to be intermittent spikes of ship spawns. Either too many and too aggressive to handle alone because of it, or too few and thus making quests that require sinking ships a real pain. In general, I'd be happy to simply 'git gud' and deal with the aggression if there were simply more ships to combat.

This is a bug and thus I'm reporting it, though it's making farming a breeze. On various maps I'm receiving healing while in the middle of combat, as if I weren't which results in heals as high as 500+ for me when fighting a tough enemy, making it practically impossible for most enemies within reason to kill me.

I've been on a questing spree and every time I try to to take one of the quests from the woman bartender on Port Royal my game immediately crashes without pause or error message. I haven't seen anyone else report that or similar yet, maybe it's an issue with my hardware. I've also noticed along with a couple friends of mine that the quest tracker system functions at sea and on the main island map sections, but once you enter any of the sub sections it stops working. ---EDIT--- The same Tavern also has an NPC named Captain Job with a quest that likewise immediately crashes my game for attempting to take the quest. If it helps at all, the chain of events is Talk to NPC --> Select quest Tab --> Select Quest --> Crash. It never goes into any dialogue or opens up the box to accept/reject the quest. It occurred to me that the quest might not actually be coded into the game and available yet so the game is crashing because I'm attempting to access a bit of the game that isn't actually there?

And the entire cannon defense mini-game is non-functional at the moment, as all the ships are immortal. Despite direct hits or trying hitting the areas around them for phantom hit boxes, the impact damage simply doesn't register making it impossible to win. Dunno if I haven't found the spot to aim or not, but regardless the ships aren't taking damage despite very clear flashes from the cannon ball hits.

Nothing else comes to mind, but there may be other bugged quest givers, as so far I've only attempted this spree of questing on Port Royal. If some of these are definitely hardware issues and not game bugs, please let me know. As well as if anyone else has had those issues?

Last edited:
I had that account server bug issue for a long long time now. Ever since game opened nothing got me in the game. Sad to say if it continues imma just get off the horse and hang the saddle up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back