MEGATHREAD: Misc. Bugs/Glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.
loading times r atrociously long sometimes it takes around 5-7 minutes to load a area.
porting bug is still here not always but most of the time.

I have been seeing many of the bugs/glitches in the game that have been reported so far, the problems logging on the the worst. The one thing I noticed that I haven't seen mentioned yet is that my potions don't seem to work. I tried the one that removes groggy and nothing happened. Tried to use the one the restores health and was told I couldn't take two potions at once even though it had been some time since taking the other one and it didn't work at that anyway. I haven't tried all of them I plan on trying growing grog and the one that lights your head on fire when next I play to see if they work or not as well.
Thank you Devs for all the hard work so far. Game generally works great when I get logged on.:thanks:

Hello, I have a thank you for fixing one issue I had, and a request for another issue to be fixed please. The thanks is for the issue with logging in that previously happened while loading which seemed to be an issue with Windows 10 or some such, as it would just say you couldn't connect to the server and offer a retry that never worked. It's finally fixed, and I got to play my second time (first on my own computer) last night! It was awesome! Thanks!

Next, for the other issue I am having: When logging in, it shows a "505: The Legend of Pirates Online is currently closed for an update. We'll be back up soon!" just above the login information input bars. I have seen it mentioned once in another thread, and thought I would add it here, as I am having the same issue. Mine specifically worked once before that, allowing me to get to my character and then getting kicked off while loading the game (it's another issue, but nothing terrible as it works after waiting and trying a few times for me) then it never let me back on after that so far. Kinda sucks as it means I will probably lose the entire scheduled playtime, but still, at least it's possible sometimes to get on, so I am very very happy with that part. Just would like to know how to fix that issue so I can login and play, and test for other more minor issues, that aren't so frustrating as losing a whole scheduled playtime. Thanks for all the work guys and gals in development! I know you aren't always the most popular, seen a few unhappy people, but you guys are awesome! Thanks for all the work you guys do!

Next, for the other issue I am having: When logging in, it shows a "505: The Legend of Pirates Online is currently closed for an update. We'll be back up soon!" just above the login information input bars. !

I believe that when you get that error message, the game actually is down for some update time I'm afraid. There's a thread on the forum that gives a little heads up warning when updates and/or maintenance of the servers will occur, you may consider checking there when you get the warning. I know this evening it certainly went down for just a short while to update, so going out on a limb to assume that may be when you got the error. As a personal suggestion you also might consider re-installing/updating the launcher itself real quick as I had a few issues stem from that. I know that update time is an evil, but a necessary one to ensure the game continues to grow and improve, sorry to hear it has interfered with your time slots. May you have luck in acquiring a a key.

In Cannon Defense, the ships start off sailing the opposite direction, then turn around and head to the gold. If you shoot them, they take no damage, then take the gold and leave.

I'm currently on two quests that require digging up a quest item, but even though I've tried every dig spot in each area, I'm not finding either quest item. The two are:
  1. The Liberation of the Black Pearl Quest - "Dig Up Buried Treasure" which requires recovering a sack of pearls from the Rat's Nest on Tortuga
  2. Clothing Fit for a Pirate - "Bingham's Tip" which requires recovering Bingham's diary from the Royal Caverns on Port Royal
I've tried every spot multiple times, and still no luck, so I'm unable to proceed in either quest line!

Jovencito server. Exited Wright's Blacksmithing on Tortuga after successfully selling some items. Hit "K" to check skills and crashed to launcher with no error message.

Then found an air-surfing Undead Duelist:
screenshot_2017-05-25_22-45-02.jpg

Last edited:
Damage over time attacks like the pistol venom shot or the fire voodoo doll attack don't work. They only do a bit of damage and then don't actually apply the damage over time effect.

floating in the air on barbarossa islands during my quest ..after log off many time I got to him now I need to go back no luck after 10 time I give up ..but I will try tomorrow maybe it will be fix...

Attachments

• Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    919.9 KB · Views: 99
Morning Mates! Nothing too terrible here, but I would like to report a few weird happenings.

1. Not getting any drops for grenades, ammo, daggers (asp, vipers nest, ets.) from loot pouches or crates

2. When I am fighting and in a party, It keeps pulling up the player card of someone in my party, even though I am not clicking thier name or thier pirate.

3. Enemies seem to not attack me no matter the level, until I attack them. Not able to remember if this is how it was in POTCO, but I am sure that they attacked me if they were red.

4. I am regaining health pretty quickly and even while in battle without healing spells being used.

That is all for now. As I said, they aren't huge issues, but just some odd ones that I have encountered. GREAT work on updates and getting the game back up and running!

P.S. Sorry if these were posted elsewhere, I tried finding them in other threads but haven't seen any of these issues yet. Thanks again!

At one point in Giladoga's part of the Main Story Quest, you'll be asked to return to Pauper Pedro (who is in Ratskeller) but it leads you to Corazon Tattoos.
Same again after recovering the chest from an EITC Ogre. Hand-in is Rico in Skull's Thunder, quest marker leads you to Garrett's Imports and Exports.

I am NOT getting any notoriety from my quests, it shows It Shows I should be leveling am Im not
I've noticed a similar problem where the quest actually does give you notoriety, but it shows the notoriety gain from the quest as being on top of your new notoriety after having turned the quest in.

So, uh, the quest would give you the notoriety, but that yellow bar that shows how much you're getting is, for some reason, showing what you'd get on top of what you just got. It should, of course, show what you just got, not what you would get if you did that quest again with the notoriety you just got from it.

I imagine there's some bug with the way it tracks what your starting notoriety is for that display.
Something like "notoriety = x; display x + reward", but then the game is told "add reward to x" before it's told to "display x + reward", so now "x" is really "x + r", and now the progress bar in the turn-in screen is showing you "x + r + r" instead of just "x + r".

This particular fly trap in El Sudoron is hard to get close to, I think because of the giant fern's collision box.

Attachments

• elsudoronFlyTrap.PNG
    elsudoronFlyTrap.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 169
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back