Announcement MEGATHREAD: Pypperoni Is Now Live!

But seriously, it's messing up windowed mode... it goes fullscreen on one of my monitors and then windowed on another when I try to play? It messed up all of my OBS settings for some reason when I was live and all of us are confused and scared to play

Love karen

So... you guys have it specifically set to default that way right now? My game isn't crashing, so it shouldn't be reverting, unless there's a crash in the exit game process?
The current options system in-game was written by Disney, and most things in our game that were written by Disney don't function the way they're supposed to.

So this here is likely an unforeseen side effect of that. I'll look and see if there's anything I can do to try and workaround this in the current system.

But seriously, it's messing up windowed mode... it goes fullscreen on one of my monitors and then windowed on another when I try to play? It messed up all of my OBS settings for some reason when I was live and all of us are confused and scared to play

Love karen
This sounds like a Panda3D engine bug related to multiple displays. An immediate workaround would be to disconnect your second display and try again, but that's not a great long-term solution.

May you please send us an email to support@tlopo.com containing your logs. Please also include a video (preferred) or a screenshot of the bug. If you're sending a video, upload it to YouTube unlisted.

The current options system in-game was written by Disney, and most things in our game that were written by Disney don't function the way they're supposed to.
You have NO IDEA how familiar I am with this fact, but hearing a re-work of the resolutions/options is in the pipeline helps.
Given I work in their IT and fight with their own systems internally that are equally as "well written". YAY!

Love karen
This issue occurred for me as well. A solution that worked for me is swapping the monitor cables if possible. I realize this isn't possible if they're connected via different types of ports (I'm using 2 display ports so swapping them worked). In that case it might be worth seeing if swapping your "main display" in Windows display settings to the one that has the fullscreen game might work.

This is basically occurring because the game engine is currently looking at the boot order of the monitors rather than the Windows settings.

This is really frustrating because before the update I could atleast get into the game in play but now I cant even get in
same here, my last log kept me on raven cove island
and right now, i could not even load into the game,
just saw the loading circles going round and round.
maybe other island works fine, (PR, PDF, etc)
but definitely not raven cove.
especially when trying on a populated server.

Some people are kicking the air right now realising how far both TLOPO and the forum community have came. Well done everyone.

same here, my last log kept me on raven cove island
and right now, i could not even load into the game,
just saw the loading circles going round and round.
maybe other island works fine, (PR, PDF, etc)
but definitely not raven cove.
especially when trying on a populated server.
Reinstall the game and update your python. Steps to do so:

First, close pirates and the launcher

Navigate to python.org
Downloads > Windows downloads
Download 3.8.2 installer for your respective OS

Install and you're good to go with that step.

Next,

Open File Explorer
Navigate to C:/Program Files/TLOPO
Delete that TLOPO folder
Run the installer again

Launch game and profit. General catch all fixes and if it freezes loading again just reinstalling works for me. Not ideal but I'll take it over not playing pirates at all

White screen feedback - 1st pirate froze up after entering Tormenta on Bequermo. Happens just before you reach the first pool of water.
Sent 2nd pirate in while 1st pirate was rebooting. Same problem in exact same location.

Also, why are there no emotes? Only check hand is available.

Lastly, sailing is FABULOUS!!! I'm overwhelmingly impressed with how sailing has improved -- including visibility at a distance!

Navigate to python.org

Next,

Open File Explorer
Delete that TLOPO folder
Run the installer again

Launch game and profit. General catch all fixes and if it freezes loading again just reinstalling works for me. Not ideal but I'll take it over not playing pirates at all
I will try this and see if it helps me,thanx

health is not regenerating after fighting on land.
even if i put the weapon away
the health stays low.
anyone else having the same issue?

and also,
friend list becomes zero after updates

1585018034048.png

A few issues so far, but I'll start by saying it's very promising - the hunters and warships' following seems much smoother, for one thing. So thanks for the ongoing work.

My roommate and I play and we both experienced an issue with the Loot Report not showing upon porting a ship, resulting in all loot other than gold being lost. This happened several times to each of us tonight.

I had two other issues he did not: firstly two crashes, both during high-intensity close ship combat. And twice I teleported incorrectly, once landing UNDER my friend's ship instead of on it, and the other time when porting I ended up in the HIGH SEAS with no ship and an error that I shouldn't swim there LOL. Then it teleported me to the nearest island, and again no loot report. We were on Valor, if knowing that helps anything.

I DID deliberately go into the caves on Port ROyal and wandered around killin with no probs there.

Again thanks for the work, looking forward to how it all shakes out. :D

was plundering with some mates on the open seas when we boarded a navy kingfisher way above our level for swordsmanship the sailors were all huddled together and clipping in each other and a did a flurish while one my my mates went down and got whitescreened

Navigate to python.org

Next,

Open File Explorer
Delete that TLOPO folder
Run the installer again

No. Installing Python will do absolutely nothing. The game has always come bundled with everything it needs to run.

Reinstalling the game might help if you're having issues with installation/updating. Doubtful. If you're continually having issues with installation/running it's most likely your antivirus, or some program you have triggering TLOPO's anticheat.

Updating your computer and drivers if you're having issues is probably the most effective. Specifically your operating system and graphics drivers would be the most effective.

Last edited:
Back