MEGATHREAD: Quests - Misc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys any help would be appreciated. Right after the cut-scene where Barbarossa tosses you the pistol to your character my game crashes. It dosen't matter if I skip the cut-scene or not it crashes. I even got my friend to log into my account to try to see if the problem was on mac only but he crashed as well.

Specs

Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
4Gb DDR3
Intel Hd 4000 1024 mb graphics
Intel i5

I know it is far from a gaming commuter but it runs most of the game pretty good.

If anyone knows anything that could be causing this any help would be greatly appreciated

Yea I had to do that when I made my Pirate earlier. If you have issues with the tutorial, buy the free pistol before you go to Barbossa. (Flintlock iirc)

This SHOULD work as it did for me when I did the tutorial earlier on my alt.
Voodoo doll quest wont show up and I am level 6

At this point of the quest, John asks you to fetch him some cabin materials to rebuild the ship. You are required to defeat 3 Navy Predators and 1 EITC Ogre. I first sank an Ogre and got the required material. However, the quest then said to go talk to John Smith. I go, talk to him, and he acts as if the quest wasn't finished. Well, obviously true, since I haven't dealt with the Navy Predators yet. So I go, sink 3 Predators, get the materials, and now the quest is stuck at "Cabin Materials 1 of 2 Items". I tried talking to John Smith, and he still acted like the quest was still unfinished. I sank 3 additional EITC Ogres just to make sure it wasn't 3 Ogres. Didn't matter, quest was still considered incomplete. I restarted the game about 10 times and THEN it finally shows "Sink 3 Ogres". I don't know what the issue was, but apparently it just randomly decides to work when it feels like it.

I'm experiencing this same issue, except not once have I seen anything about the EITC Ogres in my quest journal. I've tried logging in and out about 20 times now on different servers, but still no luck.

this annoying quest bug. Requesting a fix

Attachments

• questbug.JPG
    questbug.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 106
The situation with missing items in multi-part quests has gotten worse since the last patch. Before that, the quests were sometimes spontaneously repairing themselves after a client restart, but now they remain consistently broken over days. My journal is choked with impossible missions and all progress is stalled.

Last edited:
Same here. The make grog quest (Black Pearl Storyline) shows 2 of the 3 ingredients in the quest log. But when i try to get the third ingredient nothing happens.

Same thing with the Pirate Doll Upgrade: Stolen Relic quest. 2/15

I'm totally stuck preventing me from being able to proceed any further.

Last edited:
Same here. The make grog quest (Black Pearl Storyline) shows 2 of the 3 ingredients in the quest log. But when i try to get the third ingredient nothing happens.

Same thing with the Pirate Doll Upgrade: Stolen Relic quest. 2/15

I'm totally stuck preventing me from being able to proceed any further.

Two for the black pearl? you're lucky. As you can see, I only get one!

For the grand pistol upgrade quest, it says I need to defeat Spanish Skeletons on Cutthroat Isle. I have defeated many using all types of weapons, but it won't count it toward the quest. I have tried going in Cutthroat Jungle and killing some in there, I have tried killing the ones around the beach. I have tried everything I can think of.

Jack Redrat's quest to repair his shack only shows 2 of 5 requirements on the Journal tab. I can look up the missing 3 requirements, but I think because the 3 requirements are not shown in-game the specific ships I need to sink do not count for the quest.

Also, I skipped the tutorial and I am locked out from the voodoo quest(notoriety lvl 6) and dagger quest(notoriety lvl 10).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back