Sailing MEGATHREAD: Sailing (Non-Hunter)/Ships/Lack of Ships

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you keep shooting grappling hooks into a flagship it adds more ropes
tlopo 2017-05-22 07-21-40-737.jpg
tlopo 2017-05-22 07-23-13-696.jpg
tlopo 2017-05-22 07-22-14-753.jpg

Flagship glitch: However far I travel while being connected to another flagship by the ropes, the flagship remains stationary and the rope length increases up to a certain point where it disappears after traveling for quite a long distance.

Couldn't board ships...is this old bug?....on one public ship we did get royal chests today...yay! On another public ship...went to repair and crashed....re-logged....got back on same ship....off tortuga I believe on abassa....repairs worked first time...second time...fell thru boat....server was not full...only 16 or so..earlier on another server did repairs fine on all ships I sailed on. Couple times, crashed right before ship anchored losing all loot...:( ( didn't we used to get it though in potco when we re-logged?....mebbe saltyfaulty remembering on my part :)

16 large ships sank, 15 crates 1 treasure chest 245 gold received, 95 gold to repair ship... 8 French shadow crows sank quest won't advance.... 14 flags ships defeated no treasure what so ever. My treasure sense is at max... AI ships extremely fast and VERY aggressive. 10 French Captains defeated no loot what so ever....Is this an unfixed problem or how the game will be from now on?

16 large ships sank, 15 crates 1 treasure chest 245 gold received, 95 gold to repair ship... 8 French shadow crows sank quest won't advance.... 14 flags ships defeated no treasure what so ever. My treasure sense is at max... AI ships extremely fast and VERY aggressive. 10 French Captains defeated no loot what so ever....Is this an unfixed problem or how the game will be from now on?
This is still Beta mate,,,,,game is not finished....report often and detailed ....like the song says...its a lil piece of coal...but its gonna be a diamond someday!

I know I read somewhere that they exist, but the only ones I can find are mid-range level ships that I'm finding few and far between. This is particularly annoying on the "Recover 2 flags from Navy Bulwark ships" mission early on.

At one point, I noticed a cluster of enemy ships spawn all at once. Still haven't seen a Bulwark.

I know it's been touched on, but any updates on the issue so far?

Could be wrong, but when I was falling thru devils anvil this morning there were some bulwarks,,,that triangle from pr to tort to devils anvil?...but I had re-logged a few times...and...the random server choice has a lot to do with spawns I think til they address it.

This is still Beta mate,,,,,game is not finished....report often and detailed ....like the song says...its a lil piece of coal...but its gonna be a diamond someday!
That is why it was called my input.... It will never be a "diamond" without it.

Several people have already submitted bug reports. If you need to address something specific, then submit it in the bug report megathread for sailing.

Several people have already submitted bug reports. If you need to address something specific, then submit it in the bug report megathread for sailing.
Sorry I spoke up. Didn't mean to speak above my place. I was unaware you were tending to the issue. I thought this forum was for general questions and information. Was that specific enough?

This is a known issue, hasnt been patched yet. Try sailing around the edge of the world. It might just be that the spawning spots are messed up.

- AI ships are too aggressive, slow their speeds and reduce damage.

- Increase REP
Killing one land enemy gives 50-90 rep, sinking a ship gives around 5-20 rep. This makes it incredibly hard for people who want to get to level 15 sailing to buy war ships. It takes forever.

- Docking ships, either crash or begin floating around the island or swimming below it.

- Flagships, their names show up, but the actual ship isn't there.

*EDIT*

- Certain Ships are very hard to find

Last edited:
I like the fact that sailing is challenging. It would be nice, in general, if sailing was based more on skill, not just how much time you're willing to throw into it. I applaud them for making it more difficult, intentionally or not. But these are solid changes to suggest.

I like the fact that sailing is challenging. It would be nice, in general, if sailing was based more on skill, not just how much time you're willing to throw into it. I applaud them for making it more difficult, intentionally or not. But these are solid changes to suggest.

I like how it's difficult, but these ships are so fast and they always chase you from behind, its incredibly hard to maneuver so you can line yourself up with them.

No! Do not reduce AI ships damage, that's what makes it all fun... They actually got some damage for once.

And war ships are the last type of ships, spending some time to get one should be worth it.

I do also appreciate that sailing is more difficult, but I don't like the way they have done it. Right now, the ship AI is very annoying to deal with, especially with the targeting system that doesn't work half the time. I think it would be better to have ships stay fairly still, which would be more realistic, and have higher armor and higher damage. However, this would make it easier to cheese the AI, so I don't know if this would still provide a decent challenge.

EDIT: I made a separate thread about this, but I have been getting much poorer loot from ships after this recent update. Has this been happening to you guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back