MEH Curse of the Muerto Moon

AND if you dont want to do any of those things, take a potty break!

lol

I have to admit I was skeptical about this event. I just wanted to avoid becoming a zombie, and that was assuming the lag would be fixed.

But after a while farming I had enough and went hunting zombies. The first zombie I found said "Nooo, please! I'm lagging!" and the next said "Why you attacking me? That's rather rude..." - then another one said something like "We don't want no trouble, just chill" - and promptly ran away.

So I decided the zombies needed some help sowing the seeds of chaos and confusion.

The mayhem after that was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time, I almost cried laughing. Trails of bodies where each one had tried to revive the last one (bad idea, lol), herds of pirates fleeing into the sea to escape, and desperate hide-and-seek chases through town. The epic lag just made the situation even more ridiculous.

I ended up adding about 15 pirates to my Friend List overnight so I'm fairly certain most of them weren't taking it too hard. All in all that was fun, definitely sign me up for more events like this in future :D

I do agree that participation should be made more optional and less restrictive.

This makes sense.

Personally I'd like to see the event an opt-in event with two teams, similar to the way SvS works, but on land. Players would have to choose to participate like they do with SvS. Once flagged the player can choose Team Zombie or Team Zombie-Hunter, while everyone not involved remains neutral and can't attack or be attacked.

I'd also like to see a situation where players stay as Zombies or Zombie-Hunters continuously through the entire event, or until they unflagged themselves to take a break. It doesn't last long enough to get properly organized, and although the chaos is funny, I'm intrigued by how this whole concept could be developed.

We already get the pop ups telling us '5 minutes' till the curse is upon us. That is enough of a warning for us to get somewhere other than on land out in the open.

The idea of being able to opt out of this event is one thing. Implementing it is another story. That would be code that they would have to completely write from scratch because that was never a possibility or even idea that POTCO had for the Muertos Moon. So, as of right now, our warnings telling us 5 minutes and 1 minute should be sufficient enough for us to opt our ourselves via caves, shops, ships, or even logging out.
I understand that; I was suggesting it as a possible idea for the future.

A button to remove your curse would be nice, but it would go directly against the storyline and entire point of the event.

In canon, the event is great. People just like to always get their way.

Perhaps this will show people you can't always get your way.

Christopher

A button to remove your curse would be nice, but it would go directly against the storyline and entire point of the event.

Christopher

Agreed. I've never been much of a pvp fan but this event has always been a lot of fun ;)

Last edited:
I will say that knowing (now) the mechanics of this event and how it works. I participated and had fun (as I stated before the event is a fun event) After I turned human and was killed or whatever, I found a secluded spot and killed NPCs where I was left alone for the duration of the event.

Thank you to The TLOPO Development staff for your tireless efforts to bring back such a timeless classic as this game. Thank you to Disney for being nice enough to release the game and the engine for fans of the game to enjoy once again!

The lag issue is a huge one and yes I agree, that they could change this mechanic for forced PVP (basically what it is) maybe put everyone at the same certain levels or some such thing and then make all equipped weapons do the same damage and then after it passes, the weapons return to the normal items??? Maybe that could be something.

The lag issue is a huge one and yes I agree, that they could change this mechanic for forced PVP (basically what it is) maybe put everyone at the same certain levels or some such thing and then make all equipped weapons do the same damage and then after it passes, the weapons return to the normal items??? Maybe that could be something.
I like this idea. Makes everyone balanced out, and gives everyone an equal chance to survive during the event. Because, right now, it's severely in the favor of higher level pirates.

It can be a fun event, but it also turns some folks into crazed fools. Like, is standing outside of the jail really necessary to pick off the dude you just put in there? and to repeat that so they can't get 2 steps out of the jail door alive?

So, maybe add some sort of PvP barrier, to give people leaving the jails a chance to escape?

So, maybe add some sort of PvP barrier, to give people leaving the jails a chance to escape?
I'm surprised it wasn't in Potco. People have the option to stay in jail but if they at least had a running chance out that door for a few feet.. Last night I witnessed a friend get killed 3 times within a minute just walking out the jail, by a gun.. I know who you are :hypno:

I understand it's a free-for-all kill-all event, but still, for a level 40 something to continuously pick-off a level 5 while they're leaving jail.. It may be a jolly time for you but put yourself in the other person's shoes, as they die again, and again..

I'm surprised it wasn't in Potco. People have the option to stay in jail but if they at least had a running chance out that door for a few feet.. Last night I witnessed a friend get killed 3 times within a minute just walking out the jail, by a gun.. I know who you are :hypno:

I understand it's a free-for-all kill-all event, but still, for a level 40 something to continuously pick-off a level 5 while they're leaving jail.. It may be a jolly time for you but put yourself in the other person's shoes, as they die again, and again..
Well said. I think another helpful idea would be to split the servers, making two curse enabled, and two curse disabled. People who don't want to participate in the curse, and also don't want to be attacked while they're trying to quest, or farm, can join the curse disabled servers.

The curse enabled servers are for anyone bold enough, and for anyone interested in the PvP aspect. Of course, this is only a temporary event, so this may never happen. But just an idea.

Christopher

Ahh yes, because the point of making a game is to show people that screw what the players want! Force everyone in your player base to do something they don't want, that'll show them! Seriously though, I can not understand the logic behind this. It is incredibly selfish, as you only say this because you like the event so you don't want it to change. Games are meant for people to play and have fun, not to prove a point and shove unwanted content down peoples' throats. If you love this event, good for you! But many do not, and telling those who do not to get over it because they can't always get what they want is unreasonable and stupid. It actually saddens me to see this as one of the more liked comments in the thread because it really shows me that the community overall doesn't have a care in the world about the idea of consenting and find it more fun to trap unwilling players in a forced battle and kill them repeatedly.

The worse part about this forced PvP is that there is no balancing, so as @Punkin Pie has said, poor low level players are just getting what is essentially spawn killed. If you ARE going to force PvP (which I personally think should never be done and is a flawed idea in a cooperative mmo), at the very least make it balanced first. I understand this was in PotCO as well but that doesn't mean it is a perfect idea that should never have any attempt at fixing its flaws.

Ahh yes, because the point of making a game is to show people that screw what the players want! Force everyone in your player base to do something they don't want, that'll show them! Seriously though, I can not understand the logic behind this. It is incredibly selfish, as you only say this because you like the event so you don't want it to change. Games are meant for people to play and have fun, not to prove a point and shove unwanted content down peoples' throats. If you love this event, good for you! But many do not, and telling those who do not to get over it because they can't always get what they want is unreasonable and stupid. It actually saddens me to see this as one of the more liked comments in the thread because it really shows me that the community overall doesn't have a care in the world about the idea of consenting and find it more fun to trap unwilling players in a forced battle and kill them repeatedly.

Although you do have a valid point to the argument, it should be more about balance and making a game the most fun for all involved, That said, I would like to reiterate that it is NOT the event itself that caused me to start this thread, instead it was the inability to do anything about being turned into a zombie inadvertently and being force to find someone to kill you especially on Padres Del Fuego is sometimes VERY difficult to do. Which you have to do to get into the shops and interact with the NPCs outside. After about 5 minutes of searching, I found someone to kill me so I could get back to business as usual. I think if I am stranded on Padres again during the event I'll just attempt a port to a more populous place or just take a 15 minute break or something. :D

this is especially bad when you take into account the playblock system and if anyone dies with their port of call being tortuga or port royal they will also be picked off. there should at least be some kind of toggle once you've died once during the event to prevent it again

The worse part about this forced PvP is that there is no balancing, so as @Punkin Pie has said, poor low level players are just getting what is essentially spawn killed. If you ARE going to force PvP (which I personally think should never be done and is a flawed idea in a cooperative mmo), at the very least make it balanced first. I understand this was in PotCO as well but that doesn't mean it is a perfect idea that should never have any attempt at fixing its flaws.
I did not say I like the event.

I said it is cannon with the story of POTCO.

People have already made good suggestions to fix the problems you mention, such as keeping this type of event to specific servers instead of on every server.

Christopher.

Selfish like half the playerbase of this game right now?

Still regardless, theres ways to avoid it and they figured it might entertain some people until the patch to fix the combat lag is out, you see you all are really getting too upset over it, this was something that was in the original game and if you don't like it play another game until its over and honestly quit complaining so much.

Literally when you see the message for it go inside, its that simple. It warns you well ahead of time.

Back