MEH Curse of the Muerto Moon

I just got incapacitated by someone who was still a zombie FOUR MINUTES *AFTER* THE EVENT ENDED!!!

Muretos Moon is extremely annoying. I'll just be walking around doing quests and then suddenly I turn into a skeleton. This prevents me from doing almost every single thing in the game. I can't talk to quest targets, I can't teleport to other islands, I can't board ships, and I can't even walk in to buildings. This completely stops me from doing anything productive in the game. Also, the warnings for it aren't even correct. I turn in to a skeleton right when it gives the 1 minute warning.

Please remove this or at least make it optional.

Muretos Moon is extremely annoying. I'll just be walking around doing quests and then suddenly I turn into a skeleton. This prevents me from doing almost every single thing in the game. I can't talk to quest targets, I can't teleport to other islands, I can't board ships, and I can't even walk in to buildings. This completely stops me from doing anything productive in the game. Also, the warnings for it aren't even correct. I turn in to a skeleton right when it gives the 1 minute warning.

Please remove this or at least make it optional.
There's already a thread talking about this, was it really all that necessary to create another one?

^ is accurate, but also, did you really ask for it to be removed? I know you added "or make it optional" but the fact that you even suggested completely removing it due to your one complaint is a bit ridiculous. The majority of people are fine with Muertos Moon.

-edit-
threads were merged

Last edited:
A button to remove your curse would be nice, but it would go directly against the storyline and entire point of the event.

In canon, the event is great. People just like to always get their way.

Perhaps this will show people you can't always get your way.

Christopher
An ocean in which Jolly's curse is ineffective wouldn't go against the storyline, as has been mentioned multiple times in this thread. I personally have no problem with the event as is, but many people do, and understandably so. And if the ultimate purpose of TLOPO is to please the community, why couldn't they change it?

Holy yarr people, you are all so upset about the combat you're missing the best part of it. Feel free to speculate on what exactly that is.

Holy yarr people, you are all so upset about the combat you're missing the best part of it. Feel free to speculate on what exactly that is.

No point in saying we are missing the best part and telling us to figure it out. That is subjective, we can come to our own conclusions but never truly know if we are supposedly missing what you claim we are.

Instead of everyone going back-n-forth on a thread to where misinterpretation/misunderstanding could result, why not do the smart thing and write a separate thread calling for support/non-support towards it via a POLL made. *That way, everyone has a chance to support their point via a POLL showing demand/non-demand towards the topic of discussion.

"i'm happy cuz I choose to be"

No point in saying we are missing the best part and telling us to figure it out. That is subjective, we can come to our own conclusions but never truly know if we are supposedly missing what you claim we are.
Ohhh no not this one. You will MOST DEFINITELY know when you've found this one. Now go out there and make me proud!
And please stop whining on the forums.

Honestly, if you guys can't keep it together for the next two days, it's seriously problematic. It's a temporary event, it's not going to continue happening for the remainder of beta. Just stay patient, relaxed, and it will all be over in a couple of days.

Ohhh no not this one. You will MOST DEFINITELY know when you've found this one. Now go out there and make me proud!
And please stop whining on the forums.

No it's definitely still subjective. Also why is every bit of discussion perceived as whining? Grow up. Everyone freaks out at everyone that tries to offer critiquing (which you are supposed to do when you test a game by the way guys) and tells them to chill out, it's ridiculous. If you don't like the discussion, leave it alone, allow people who will actually contribute to the discussion to talk instead.

An ocean in which Jolly's curse is ineffective wouldn't go against the storyline, as has been mentioned multiple times in this thread. I personally have no problem with the event as is, but many people do, and understandably so. And if the ultimate purpose of TLOPO is to please the community, why couldn't they change it?
The "ultimate purpose" of TLOPO is to re-make the game exactly the way it was before POTCO closed; not to satisfy EVERY last community member.
The only reason why people don't like this is simply because they are poor losers (no offense).
I don't like the Muertos Moon much either, but when it comes out, I either deal with it or I go and hide in a building or go sail. Simple as that, no need to complicate things.
I also don't see why it's such a big deal considering the fact that the event only lasts like 5 minutes. So in reality, it's not hindering anyone that badly.

Last edited:
Yeah like for real just go inside and then head back outside after its done triggering, literally hurts nothing.

I already mentioned this idea was a good solution. You must have missed it in the thread earlier. (Or I said it in another related thread?)

Chris.

The "ultimate purpose" of TLOPO is to re-make the game exactly the way it was before POTCO closed; not to satisfy EVERY last community member.
The only reason why people don't like this is simply because they are poor losers (no offense).
I don't like the Muertos Moon much either, but when it comes out, I either deal with it or I go and hide in a building or go sail. Simple as that, no need to complicate things.
I also don't see why it's such a big deal considering the fact that the event only lasts like 5 minutes. So in reality, it's not hindering anyone that badly.
It would be slightly better if the 1 minute warning was accurate. I turn in to a skeleton as soon as I get the 1 minute warning, so I don't have time to get to a building or ship because I expected to have a bit longer to get there.

5 minutes is still a significant hindrance, not because of the actual duration, but because I usually just decide that I don't want to wait for it, leave, play another game, and then come back a few hours later.

It would be slightly better if the 1 minute warning was accurate. I turn in to a skeleton as soon as I get the 1 minute warning, so I don't have time to get to a building or ship because I expected to have a bit longer to get there.

5 minutes is still a significant hindrance, not because of the actual duration, but because I usually just decide that I don't want to wait for it, leave, play another game, and then come back a few hours later.
The 1 minute warning might not be accurate, but the 5 minute warning is. 5 minutes is not a significant amount of time, even for those who don't have Beta Keys.

Well, I'd like to remind everyone that this is Beta. The game is not perfect (not like it was when Disney was running POTCO) and yes there are bugs and issues with coding. A few people have noticed that they have turned early and stayed a zombie longer than they should have. We've all also noticed that the warnings we get... well the timing is off. But as stated above, the curse turns you at the top of the hour, so best advice is to watch the clock on your computer.

Sitting here catching up on the posts since last night, I noticed someone mentioned that an island for the curse to happen on would go against the story line. I've realized that since we all slept (a lot) since the close of POTCO and definitely since the Curse of the Muertos Moon first started. So, I'm going to do a little digging on the POTCO wiki and get the history of it all.

Now, IF I am remembering this correctly, this all started with a quest event. A quest given to us by Tia Dalma. It lead to something being found on Port Royal, I believe, which then lead to the curse and then to the invasions... So, off to do some research...

Also, as a friendly reminder from the staff, please keep this thread and all threads on topic and refrain from name calling, nit picking and general sourness. This thread, as well as most if not all here, are meant for discussion purposes which should be done in a civilized manner. Voicing our opinions and reporting bugs will always be encouraged. However, rule breaking will not be tolerated. Please keep the flow of this thread on topic. Thanks!

Back